News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DEPRESSION,BLUES,DARK IDEAS,,,,PLEASE ASK AND GET HELP,SOON,PLEASE

Started by djcarguy, November 13, 2012, 04:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Sorry to hear this. 

It is really bad to hear that "friends" don't want to offer any help, even if it is just to talk.   Maybe for your own sake, write a letter to the friends you are really shocked about with their reaction and spell it all out to them.  Maybe they will get hit with a hammer on the head and change for the good.  At the very least, you will release it off of your chest to help yourself.

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

djcarguy

HAPPY NEW YEAR,HOPE AN PRAY WE ALL MADE IT AN ARE PLAN SOME FUN AN ENJOYMENT FOR 2014 AN 15..

I find it helps to plan ahead an mark it on the calender,as reminder to make plans an follow thru an have good stuff to look forward too..

I plan to get work done on my cars an enjoy a few big car shows,,mopar an hope to see lots of wing cars this year.

wood love to find or bee part in a group treking to a major mopar,, wing car event this year?? know of a group say from west coast to mid west or TALLADEGA   MAYBEE???   SEE YA AN HAPPY NEW YEAR TA YA ALLS..DJ OUT WEST
:cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :D ;D :icon_smile_big: ;D MAKE IT A GOODYEAR :yesnod: :yesnod:

Bobs69

it doesn't really help to know that you're not the only one either.  in either case you're not.   can anyone vent here or would that be hijacking your thread?

JB400

Quote from: Bobs69 on January 12, 2014, 09:48:10 PM
it doesn't really help to know that you're not the only one either.  in either case you're not.   can anyone vent here or would that be hijacking your thread?
It's welcome to anyone. Feel free to share if you like.  Even if no one responds, it's comforting to know that you did share your experiences, good or bad.   :cheers:

djcarguy

Last week we had cold but sunny afternoons, was out 3 days driving an seeing an talking cars an fun break from winter an fog bank.  Thrusday was good got stuff done an stopped at welbys-GYCars ,looked at a rail dragcar down the street.basicly a great day.

thrusday late son came home an wanted to talk ,knew it had too bee a biggy. well he signed a lease with his girl friend i never met an her 3yr old son were moving in few days. the rent on the apartment is more than my house payment an taxes an insurance combined.

So did get to meet his gal an spend 5 hrs with both sons sunday moving the older 1 hes 24 out of my house again.had house 24 yrs got it when he was few months old. then his mom left an moved my sons out when they were 8 an he was 10.  he moved back at 20 an now out again at 24. youngest is 22 as of last week an off to air force in march,but lives with his mom an step dad sence he was 8..  house is too quite last few days an my back an knees are killing me from the moving an its raining again???   still trying too focus an make this a better year. will have too cut back no more $220 rent from kid,so will slow down an pace myself on car dreams an spending i guess.  just me an empty house again,,was the marriage an family home for yrs an i have wanted to move for many years. big part of keeping it was some normal part of my sons life??  think iam drifting off on too a rant if i dont stop soon. well plan to go watch Graveyard cars at the bar an drink lots of dr pepper..   woohoo,,lattter DJ wing dreamer...

ACUDANUT

I ask for your prayers. I lost my dream job and have no positive feelings on my life, or my future.  :'(

charge69

ACUDANUT:  Hard times have come and gone many times in my life. I won't bore you with the details but, rest assured, I have seen some really hard times many times in my life. Just keep your head up and go FORWARD and look back only for the knowledge and experience it provides.

My wife of 37 years has consistently told me "things always happen for a reason" and life will get better! It was damn hard to believe that at times and depression and regret was sometimes overwhelming but, I forged ahead with my life and .... things eventually DID get better. I think one of the keys to this is looking forward with a positive attitude and not dwelling on the past. The past is what it is and you cannot change Things WILL get better for you if you do your part to make it happen!

I really will pray for you and hope things get better for you real fast.

tsmithae

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 29, 2014, 02:57:29 PM
I ask for your prayers. I lost my dream job and have no positive feelings on my life, or my future.  :'(

You have mine for sure.  I'll be thinking of you and know that things get worse before they get better.  :pity:
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

tsmithae

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

ws23rt

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 03, 2014, 11:06:44 PM
Hey everyone. RAM07 needs our help. Send him some prayers.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,108191.0.html

:2thumbs:  Let's keep the communication open. RAM07 can use our assistance as well as the many that are not posting. :cheers:

Bobs69

RAM07 I never drank a lot, I couldn't handle too much.  I took awhile to realize it but I just can't drink.  Once I realized it, it was easy to quite.  It would make me feel good after having only a few beers, but I'd pay for it for nearly a week.  I'd be miserable.  Depressed and or aggressive.  Going to work was not easy like that.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder how I looked to others?  I know my wife didn't like it, not sure the people I work with would have noticed.

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on January 01, 2014, 04:32:07 AM
   HAPPY NEW YEAR,HOPE AN PRAY WE ALL MADE IT AN ARE PLAN SOME FUN AN ENJOYMENT FOR 2014 AN 15..

I find it helps to plan ahead an mark it on the calender,as reminder to make plans an follow thru an have good stuff to look forward too..

I plan to get work done on my cars an enjoy a few big car shows,,mopar an hope to see lots of wing cars this year.

wood love to find or bee part in a group treking to a major mopar,, wing car event this year?? know of a group say from west coast to mid west or TALLADEGA   MAYBEE???   SEE YA AN HAPPY NEW YEAR TA YA ALLS..DJ OUT WEST
:cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :D ;D :icon_smile_big: ;D MAKE IT A GOODYEAR :yesnod: :yesnod:

ACUDANUT

You know we are suppose to rejoice to a new day when we wake up.  Do you know anyone this giddy ?

Ram07

I just noticed this...and I'll thank everyone in advance.

Help may be coming, who knows...we will see...
Reaching out to friends, is a no go...they are all big time drinkers....so, dumped them...

A big thanks to you ACUDANUT for even posting about me here...nice to know that someone gives a s**t, and is willing to help out..

To answer the question asked...rejoice, no, never....usually just think....ok...lets try to get through another day, without f**king up...

Ya know, sometimes the best help comes from "real" people. not Drs, that studied crap in books...but, never actually went through a few bad years, ya know?

ACUDANUT

No problem Ram.  We are a family here.  :2thumbs:
I don't force religion on anyone. But try to find at least one hour a week to go to church.
I am not the perfect Christian, but I am a God fearing one.  We will have our judgment day.  Try to get some help and seek Christ.  What have you and I got to lose ?

Ram07

No church stuff, okay... we all have our on way of believing in a higher power, lets just say.

Real experience, from real people...how they dealt with things is what I am looking for....but...don't forget...just cause i have an issue...I'm still pretty smart...work in that field, and have plenty to offer as well..

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Ram07 on February 05, 2014, 12:15:16 PM

Ya know, sometimes the best help comes from "real" people. not Drs, that studied crap in books...but, never actually went through a few bad years, ya know?

I can tell you from experience that not all Doctors get all the perks that everyone thinks that they do.  You really do not know what others are going through, some are experts at hiding their problems.  For me, grad school was not a "fun" trip.  It was high school part II (complete with bullying) on a much higher level for a much longer time with my future at stake in the process.  It changed me to be less trusting of others, as I experienced "friends" and coworkers selling me out when I needed their support.  I became much more self-relient in the process, but at a cost I still pay today....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

ACUDANUT

Back N Black

Stay positive and look at the good things you have going for you.

ACUDANUT

You have a Daughter and maybe grandkids someday ! :2thumbs:
Don't you want them to remember you. ?  I never knew my mom's dad. (my grandfather).  He was a drunk and died very young.

Ram07

Ram07