News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pic of parking brake cable bracket?

Started by 69chargerrt, February 09, 2006, 09:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerrt

Does anyone have drawings or photos of what the parking brake cable bracket is supposed to look like on a '69 Charger?  It's the 'W'-shaped bracket that's under the car that holds the cable away from the floorpan.

I've had some floor panels replaced on my '69 Charger, and the bracket was removed to do this. Now it needs to be welded back in place but in looking at it, I think the monkey at the body shop removed it with a 20lb sledge as it doesn't look 'right' to me.  It seems that part of one of the legs got sliced too short or something, but I don't remember what it originally looked like to tell for sure.

I can post a pic of my bracket if it'll help...

Thanks!
David

'69 Dodge Charger R/T

norms440

See if this helps first is from back..second from front..hopefully the drain holes can be a reference.
Masters Of Power And Racing

69chargerrt

Thanks for the pics!     Unfortunately, in comparing the pics with my bracket, it does look like that mine did get mangled.     On one leg I'm missing most of the metal that would weld/contact the floor...  looks like they just removed it with a cutting disk   :flame:     Guess I'll need to find a replacement piece- I'm not sure if there's enough metal on the leg where I'd be able to weld it back onto the floorboard....

Anyway- thanks again for your help!

David

'69 Dodge Charger R/T