News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Light switch replacement

Started by whitehatspecial, February 09, 2006, 10:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitehatspecial

Does anyone repro the headlight switch rocker (the chromed plastic part)? My original switch (the electrical part) is fine but the arm that controls the vacuum switch for the headlight doors is gone.
I was able to find a used switch that works for now, but the chrome pretty much sucks. I was watching a NOS switch on eBay this week and it sold for 300.+. No way I'd spend that kind of dough.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

ramit

I had the same problem about ten years ago with my 71 charger and it was the floor dimmer switch.

69fuchs

have a vacuum chrome plater rechrome your good toggle switch.  Mr. G's ,etc.

whitehatspecial

Mr.G's said they don't do except what's in their catalogue.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

8WHEELER

They are hard to find in good shape, and I am pretty sure nobody chromes them yet or I would have done a couple.
I bought a couple complete dash boards on ebay for less than $150.00ea just because they had sweet headlight switch's.
It seems evan an (ok) switch sells for about a $100.00, but ebay is the only place I have found them sorry to say.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

69chargeryeehaa

duplicolor makes a paint in a rattle can that's "chrome".  i painted some stuff on another car about 2 yrs ago and still looks really good.  you could spray it with clear coat to enhanse the chrome, it's a cheap alternative and the results are almost as good as the vacuum chroming.  :o

Troy

I saw a how-to once where someone just epoxied on a metal tab to replace the arm. On my first Charger a previous owner just used a separate valve for the vacuum so I had to flip two switches. That migh be a cheap idea since you can then sell your vacuum switch for $$$ and reuse your good chrome rocker switch. Other than that, you're stuck buying a used one or dealing with eBay.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

purple70rt

Not sure, but i think there is a small roll pin you can knock out and change the chrome covers. all the switches from 68 - 69 B Bodies and 70 B Bodies with rallye dash have the same covers I believe.  Just a thought. :Twocents: