News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wiper motors

Started by mauve66, November 24, 2012, 12:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

the 1st gen has a variable speed wiper motor, i here 2nd gen guys talking about 2 and 3 speed motors are any of these compatible since 1st gen is so hard to get
and what about the switch and knob side inside
my sixpak cleared the original wiper but i heard some say the 69 1/2 RR/bee had a different wiper motor due to the air cleaner, was that due to the taller block?? i will be going to a RB block eventually so i need to plan ahead
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

ODZKing

On a first gen, the linkage is the same 2-3-variable.  Difference (obviously) is the motor and the switch.
What do ya need?

mauve66

i figure when i put things back together i don't want to dig under the dash again if it goes out 1 day later.  did a short search for rebuilt/new ones but didn't see them yet, just wondering what i can replace it with.
i don't care about the "correct" look in the engine bay but am hoping for the same knob on the dash if its compatible with later switches.
i haven't gotten to this step yet, just another thread i was reading that started me wondering about wiper motors
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment