News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2013 DSAC / Winged Warriors National Meet - Ann Arbor MI June 11-16th

Started by Aero426, December 04, 2012, 06:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman69

Ill have a 69 gto judge shirt on tomorrow, whats your guys car numbers and colours so i know

pettybird

HOME from Detroit with mom...the 'birds ran flawlessly! Great to see everyone again!

70Sbird

Quote from: pettybird on June 16, 2013, 07:58:00 PM
HOME from Detroit with mom...the 'birds ran flawlessly! Great to see everyone again!

I got home yesterday afternoon, :cheers:
Other than a bad tank of gas on the way home, all went well! 920 miles, 13.5 mpg @ 75 mph on the highway and I never had to touch the car with any tools! Just had to add 5 quarts of oil..... :shruggy:
I have a bunch of pictures, I will resize them today and get them uploaded

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

Here are some pictures: These are from my cell phone camera, I know others will have much better pictures, but here a few to get started:

#1: Here I am at the Michigan welcome center - adding my first quart of oil!
#2: Who needs a GPS? just follow the signs that MDOT set up for us....
#3: Arrived at Roush just in time to get a good spot
#4: following a couple of Croxford cars back to the Hotel

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

Next 4:
#5: On the way to the Yankee Air Museum Friday AM
#6: lotta Blue and Orange at this meet!
#7: Lining up the fords for the group pic
#8: Group at YAM

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

70Sbird

Here was the major casualty of the meet, This car would have been my last guess to have engine issues that were not fixable in the hotel lot:

#9: Doug getting some help diagnosing Marty
#10: flushing the radiator next to the front door of the hotel
#11: Old Faithfull...be carefull not to let that get into your beer Doug!
#12: Marty being loaded up for a ride home to Ohio around Midnight on Saturday

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

#13: minor casualty - Mikes tire
#14: Setting up at Ford Greenfield village Saturday morning at 7:00 AM
#15: group at Dearborn
#16:Locomotive at Ford - I dont think that the kid that came to see the Choo-Choo in the foreground was impressed!

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

#16: Lining up for the Aero "review" with Doug as the narrator - in his Indiana Jones hat and Orange shirt visible near the stage
#17: Yes Wayne, you are "here"
#18: Sherri and Carol back at the hotel
#19: Waiting for the tow truck late Saturday night Doug helps out everyone he meets in some way or another, even if it is the Big Boy across the street!

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Mike and his  45 year old tires    :rofl: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:

I see wayne still has his wrist brace on 

Mopar John

Here are some more pictures of the 2013 Ann Arbor Michigan national aero meet. The first picture is of some of the cars parked at the Ligenfelter museum. The second picture is a close up of a yellow Superbird that still has some identity in the matching yellow rallye wheels. The third and fourth pictures are of 1986 Aero cars. Wayne Perkins who was at the meet and myself both had the Pontiac version at one time.
MJ

Mopar John

NEXT WE WENT TO "HELL"!
The first picture is of the aero cars lined up in the parking lot at HELL! The second picture is of the rest of the aero cars parked at HELL.
The third picture is of the main building that had the restaurant and post office inside. The last picture is of me by the HELL sign!
MJ

Mopar John

Thursday we were off to the JIFFY mix factory. The first picture is of the video screen where we watched a video of the company and it's history. It was ment for the younger crowd and Doug Croxford loved it! The second picture is of JIFFY president Howdy Holmes. He talked with us for quite a while and spoke of his racing career that included several INDY 500 races. He finished 4th to 12th in the 500 if I remember correctly? The next picture is of the aero cars lined up at the JIFFY plant. The last picture is of the JIFFY plant.
MJ

Mopar John

Thursday evening it was off to the ROUSH open house! The first picture is of a room full of modified older Mustangs. The second picture is of the aero cars lined up out front. The last picture is another of the aero cars up by the building! Just by chance in the last picture was one of 3 young ladies that were WAY over dressed for the open house? I was wondering if they were there for calender shoots or hoping to meet one of the NASCAR drivers that were going to be there signing autographs??
MJ

Mopar John

Friday was another busy day with the first stop being the YANKEE AIR MUSEUM. The first picture is of the aero cars lined up in the lot in front of some of the planes. The second picture is of Carol Croxford enjoying another WING thing! Her smile says it all! The last picture was at our third stop of the day at the Ypsilanti Fire Engine Museum. All the kids got to take a picture in the fire suits! It was good to see everyone again this year and THANKS to all who helped with the meet!
MJ

chargerman69

I will upload the Pic's i got soon as i can, i was there 10am to 1pm saturday and talked for awhile with the owner and his wife very nice couple of the 2 owner orange bird that was parked with the 2 owner green bird both from Mi,

Aero426

If anyone would like to order the cool wing car  T-shirts from the store in Hell,  they can call 734 878 2233,the store, and ask for Judy. She will take orders and maybe colors of shirts, grey for sure.  They were $10 each as I recall.     If someone has a photo of the shirt, feel free to post it up. 

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on June 19, 2013, 01:03:50 PM
If anyone would like to order the cool wing car  T-shirts from the store in Hell,  they can call 734 878 2233,the store, and ask for Judy. She will take orders and maybe colors of shirts, grey for sure.  They were $10 each as I recall.     If someone has a photo of the shirt, feel free to post it up. 
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Aero426

Stuart, I can tell you it is right up your alley.   Just call and  order a couple for yourself. 

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Aero426 on June 19, 2013, 01:03:50 PM

Well if that ain't a big tease, I don't know what is.
What'd they look like??? :popcrn:

1970Moparmann

GREAT pictures.  :2thumbs:  I hope to have the car ready for Talladega at this point.. :RantExplode:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!