News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard carz Daytona ***NEW PICTURES ADDED*** 4 UNCLE FESTER

Started by moparstuart, December 07, 2012, 12:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billssuperbird

Mopar Nut

Quote from: r4daytona on January 02, 2014, 08:21:39 AM
Quote from: Budnicks on December 31, 2013, 02:40:15 PM
Quote from: r4daytona on December 28, 2013, 06:32:18 PM
It's suppose to be here tomorrow late afternoon.  Garage is ready.  I wish it was a spacious as Marks shop!!
:cheers: I'll bet your like an expecting father with a new born coming home... enjoy  :2thumbs:
Yeah, kind of like that, or like that anticipation of waiting to get into new chicks ... well you get it, I'll keep it clean.  Anyway,  car did not make it yet.  Was all set but then got a call that something went wrong with the rigs fuel line to that is getting fixed.  Last I new it was in New Jersey.  Once it's back on the road they have to go to Connecticut and Mass. then to me.  Of course the weather is suppose to be shitty from house in Angola NY all the way to the coast. 

Oh well. it is what it is.
You waited a year, what's a few more months.   :popcrn:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

nvrbdn

seen on face book that it made it home safe and sound. congrats. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

r4daytona

Yes, as reported, it just arrived yesterday.  Unloaded all the parts that came back, pulled it in the garage, then ran to a friends cottage that had a broken waterline running for go knows how long.   Started to make a mental list of the little things I need to finish.  Yes, I told Mark I'd enjoy finishing some of the last little things so he left them for me. Thats why I finally bought a propane heater for my garage.  The car is dirty from the haul and the move so when I clean it up I will post some pictures.  I'm kind of looking forward to doing some more work on it.  My weeks this summer at the shop were spent with disassembly, cleaning and reassembly of suspension and a bunch of other stuff.  It will be nice to work on some of the "clean" stuff.  Still trying to find and electronic voltage regulator that looks like a correct original.

Budnicks

Quote from: r4daytona on January 10, 2014, 12:29:34 PM
Yes, as reported, it just arrived yesterday.  Unloaded all the parts that came back, pulled it in the garage, then ran to a friends cottage that had a broken waterline running for go knows how long.   Started to make a mental list of the little things I need to finish.  Yes, I told Mark I'd enjoy finishing some of the last little things so he left them for me. Thats why I finally bought a propane heater for my garage.  The car is dirty from the haul and the move so when I clean it up I will post some pictures.  I'm kind of looking forward to doing some more work on it.  My weeks this summer at the shop were spent with disassembly, cleaning and reassembly of suspension and a bunch of other stuff.  It will be nice to work on some of the "clean" stuff.  Still trying to find and electronic voltage regulator that looks like a correct original.
I look forward to reading your next few posts, congrats sounds like you like what has been done, good luck finishing her...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

djcarguy

r4daytona

Sorry Guys have not had a chance to do anything - even pictures - do to some blizzard related problems. I know it's not related to cars but heres why.  BEFORE my car even got inot my garage, my one friend from W.Virgina called in a panic, he had a pipe burst in his cottage he keeps up here and his step son didn't know where / how to shut the water off at the street.  Luckily that house is on a crawl space but everything on the first floor was soaked.  Even the bottom 2 feet of drywall soaked up the water.  So On saturday I was going to go to his house to fix it and before I left I decided to check my next door neighbors house (he's in florida).  He's letting my girlfriend keep her convertible in his garage so i said I'd check on hid house occassionally - which I have.  Well I walked in, heard water, looked in the basement and saw about 4 feet of water.  Spent all day saturday with the fire dept. pumping it out and then taking his tools to my garage to dry.  Spent all day yesterday fixing 6 splits in the other friends baseboard heating pipes - and i discovered one more in a wall!  What a mess.  So thats why no pictures yet. 

Car looks nice though, lots of little things to do which, as I said, I'm kind of looking forward to.  I've got to get the tailpanel and sailpanel emblems, switch out the console.  Tony, (Tony's Parts) sent a new one with the car so thats going to look great.  I'm getting some new woodgrain for the top plates.  Mark had a nice used harness for the console, but I told him I'd rather get a new harness for that.  Anyone know where I can get one of those?  Still looking for a correct looking voltage reg. that is actually electronic internally since my car was converted to elec. ignition. 

Hopefully I can start to get to this stuff.

nvrbdn

dang, sounds like you have been busy. hope you get everybody lined out. on here, we have nothing but time, so post when you can. you got to take care of the friends and neighbors first. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Mopar Nut

Quote from: r4daytona on January 13, 2014, 08:18:25 AM
Mark had a nice used harness for the console, but I told him I'd rather get a new harness for that.  Anyone know where I can get one of those? 
YearOne has the good stuff (M&H).
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

John L

Quote from: Mopar Nut on January 13, 2014, 10:16:30 AM
Mark had a nice used harness for the console, but I told him I'd rather get a new harness for that.  Anyone know where I can get one of those? 
Another source:  http://www.early-birds.ca/partgroup-2812_2861_2878-196427.html

Mopar Nut

Quote from: John L on January 13, 2014, 09:42:24 PM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on January 13, 2014, 10:16:30 AM
Another source:  http://www.early-birds.ca/partgroup-2812_2861_2878-196427.html
Wait, I don't think YearOne carries it, just the main harnesses.

Thanks John L for the link.

BROCK

That's 62 pics in 23 pages.  A real Daytona that is driver quality & has made millions
of people happy to watch GraveYard Carz.  OK, so it's made a few guys unhappy over
here & I can't get my cable provider to pick up that channel :flame:  But, other than
that:  It's all good!  You're living the dream :angel:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

djcarguy

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Budnicks

Budnicks

Sorry Guys have not had a chance to do anything - even pictures - do to some blizzard related problems. I know it's not related to cars but heres why.  BEFORE my car even got inot my garage, my one friend from W.Virgina called in a panic, he had a pipe burst in his cottage he keeps up here and his step son didn't know where / how to shut the water off at the street.  Luckily that house is on a crawl space but everything on the first floor was soaked.  Even the bottom 2 feet of drywall soaked up the water.  So On saturday I was going to go to his house to fix it and before I left I decided to check my next door neighbors house (he's in florida).  He's letting my girlfriend keep her convertible in his garage so i said I'd check on hid house occassionally - which I have.  Well I walked in, heard water, looked in the basement and saw about 4 feet of water.  Spent all day saturday with the fire dept. pumping it out and then taking his tools to my garage to dry.  Spent all day yesterday fixing 6 splits in the other friends baseboard heating pipes - and i discovered one more in a wall!  What a mess.  So thats why no pictures yet. 

Car looks nice though, lots of little things to do which, as I said, I'm kind of looking forward to.  I've got to get the tailpanel and sailpanel emblems, switch out the console.  Tony, (Tony's Parts) sent a new one with the car so thats going to look great.  I'm getting some new woodgrain for the top plates.  Mark had a nice used harness for the console, but I told him I'd rather get a new harness for that.  Anyone know where I can get one of those?  Still looking for a correct looking voltage reg. that is actually electronic internally since my car was converted to elec. ignition. 

Damn you've been busy, good luck & I hope it thaws out for you pretty soon, you need some of our Calif. weather out there, it's been in the 70's+  :drool5: even up in the mountains this week...

r4daytona

Ok, well here's some pics -- nothing like Geno's but a few to look at.  Like I said before, there are alot of little details that I plan on doing that either GYC didn't get to before it was shipped, or I told them I would do.  It's unfortunate that I have to start like this but I can only imagine how this will go. 

First pic is obviously one from underside.  Just wanted to show the overspray because I think it's cool.  I'm pretty sure my car had the black out treatment but I'm not sure if I want to do that - might make it look sloppy, but then again that would be correct.

second is the dash/gauges from Instrument Specialities and the Steering Wheel from Tony D.  Both are awesome !!!

thrid is the radio that Retro Radio in PA did for me.  Mike and Chris are great to deal with.  Mike didn't like that the core I sent him had a few very minor pits in tight by the thumbwheels so he got me a perfect original.

fourth just a simple shot of the tire pressure stickers. Dave Patik is who I got my stickers from becasue I've known him for a few years.  I do need to get the door sticker from ECS though.

TONY

Grm2159

Tom
I saw your car in. Person when I was out there at GYC. Unfortunately my car was still at the dippers. Your car looked fantastic. I took a few neat pics with it in the enclosed trailer. Can't wait to get out there and see mine getting closer to completion. Hope you are enjoying your baby!!

r4daytona

More pics

First shows a little of the front inside of the wheel well.  We did the "primer" on the inside of the fender and tried to represent where the bumper bracket would have been by leaving the red showing through by masking it off so undercoat didn't get on it.  I think it might be a little larger than it should be and can change it if necessary.  Again, never went for a concourse and don't plan on it but if I can make "adjustments" that aren't costly, I will.

Second shows the battery from Antique Auto Battery and the little gap between the apron and fender to show a little primer in that gap.  Fender tag is hard to see but the one corner is bent just slightly.  Dave Patik sent me the right screws for the tag.

Third  engine shot - yes, I know I need the yellow spring for the kickdown.  I'm sure some will find some other things but this is the engine I sent.  If anyone has some things I can do - feel free to suggest!

fourth  another engine shot.  One of the things I'm doing is having an original voltage reg. cover sent to Dave Patik and he is going to paint a stamp it correct for my car. As you guys know the repo covers don't go all the way to the base.  I have a guy with several originals and the covers fit so I'll have one that looks original but is actually and electronic voltage regulator inside.  Thats why my coil isn't correct.  MY friend did the engine it has a different cam, roller rockers, aluminum stealth head from 440 source that he did some work to and a pertronix ignition system -- hence the incorrect coil.

Mytur Binsdirti

I may be wrong, but aren't the heater hoses supposed to cross?

The car is beautiful.  :2thumbs:

Charger4404spd

I just read all 23 pages, my eyes hurt :icon_smile_big:
Great ride r4daytona. I just watched a couple episodes of GYC working on her, never knew the car belonged to a dc.com member.
Anyway, beautiful car man, I know your proud of her! :2thumbs:

cdr

Quote from: Charger4404spd on March 27, 2014, 06:52:11 PM
I just read all 23 pages, my eyes hurt :icon_smile_big:
Great ride r4daytona. I just watched a couple episodes of GYC working on her, never knew the car belonged to a dc.com member.
Anyway, beautiful car man, I know your proud of her! :2thumbs:

your eyes hurt because of chrome dome festers head reflects to much light. this is what you need  :coolgleamA: :icon_smile_big:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

r4daytona

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 27, 2014, 06:50:20 PM
I may be wrong, but aren't the heater hoses supposed to cross?

The car is beautiful.  :2thumbs:
not sure on that to be honest with you ???