News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is this piece?

Started by miamivice, February 11, 2006, 03:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miamivice

ok, i finaly got around tp getting pictures of this thing.   i have no clue hwat it is.   it was in the car when i got it, w/ all the other charger parts.   is it even for a charger?   looks like a bit of an odd piece if you ask me, but what do i know right?   if its not from the charger, what the heck could it be from?...just out of curiosity.

??? ???

bull

Are you talking about that tiny white square above the smilies? I can't quite make it out without my microscope. ;D

Rick Keesler

That's the accelerator bracket assembly/throttle cable that bolts to the firewall in the passenger compartment. :thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Rick Keesler on February 11, 2006, 04:33:55 AM
That's the accelerator bracket assembly/throttle cable that bolts to the firewall in the passenger compartment. :thumbs:

:iagree:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

You'll need that to drive the car! Don't lose it!   :icon_smile_big:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

miamivice

thats guys, this is why i love this site.

now, anyone have pics of what this thing looks like restored, or what its supposed to look like.   the one here looks to be either originaly balck or orange?????   the car was its for (and came out of maybe?) is a F8 69 charger if that maters.

bull

I still don't see anything but a tiny white square. But Chris and some of these other guys have super-human senses.

bill440rt

It should be bare metal or gray-phosphate plated, at least mine was & every other one I've seen. Someone must have gobbed black paint on yours, that's what it looks like.
The two bolt studs go through the firewall & get tighted from the firewall side. The thottle cable grommet should also go through the firewall (obviously).
There should also be a plastic grommet on the swing arm that the rubber gas pedal pivots on. I've seen them on eGouge many times, just do a search on ebay motors in the "Parts & Accessories" category for "mopar gas pedal"
You'll find them there.
Good Luck!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

8WHEELER

I just did mine POR-15 Black. Looks good evan though they did not come painted just natural finish.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.