News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Keep up with the foreign cars?

Started by sixpack70, February 11, 2006, 04:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack70

1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

greenpigs

No need to keep a safe distance between your suspect, ride their ass and create accidents with your V8 cruiser. That cop sounds like a dill-hole and he should be on bicycle patrol were he can only hurt himself and raccoons.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

golden73

They are using the V6 model  :puke:

They could have at least got the hemi...

TK73

Quote from: golden73 on February 11, 2006, 10:53:14 AM
They are using the V6 model  :puke:

They could have at least got the hemi...

"There will be a V-six version of the muscle car patrolling the streets of New York's five boroughs, and a V-eight version on the highways.

Why go with such a powerful car? Leonard Lesko, who oversees the NYPD's fleet of cars, says speed matters when it comes to trying to keep up with all those flashy foreign cars on the road."

The 6 will be MORE than enough to "keep up with all those flashy foreign cars"...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Troy

The cops in the downtown areas probably never go more than 30 mph. The ones on the highway are getting Hemis due to the higher speeds.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

andy74

Quote from: Troy on February 11, 2006, 11:51:01 AM
The cops in the downtown areas probably never go more than 30 mph. The ones on the highway are getting Hemis due to the higher speeds.

Troy

in the city 30 is really flying sometimes!!id rather ride a motorcycle if i was a cop,unless itwas cold enough to snow!probably a horse would be a better choice,and then they could crap on the charger cop cars

Charger_Fan

Man, that's like the 4th link to the whole "NYC is getting Charger cop cars" story I've seen...and so far, they all bring up GL & the Dukes. Like there's any comparison of the '06 brick to the Dukes of Hazzard. :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Orange_Crush

Ummm...I don't know where y'all have been but the Crown Vic and Impala would have trouble keeping up with a base model 4 banger Altima (forget the V-6).  Imports are now pretty quick...a good deal quicker (and faster) and ANYTHING cops gave in their garages nowadays.

A V-6 Charger actually puts out as much HP as an Impala or CV police interceptor.  A v-8 puts out approximately 100 more horses.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Telvis

With all the equipment in the middle and a cage I bet it would be really cramped in one of those. The old Diplomats sucked as cruisers for the same reason. That's why the Crown Vic makes such a good police car. I don't particularly like Fords but they are roomy.

Orange_Crush

front to back, the Charger has about the same amount of room as a Crown vic.  The Charger's a little narrower, but not too much.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

andy74

Quote from: Orange_Crush on February 11, 2006, 07:15:41 PM
front to back, the Charger has about the same amount of room as a Crown vic.  The Charger's a little narrower, but not too much.
why should the criminal element be comfortable?as long as the officers driving are okay,frig the passengers :icon_smile_big: