News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Answer the question with a question

Started by JB400, December 09, 2012, 03:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Fred

wasn't he pinned together in the first place?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Wasn't he sown together being a stuffed animal?

Fred

Yes but wouldn't he be pinned before sewing?

polywideblock

so sewing isn't enough, you have to hold him down first ?

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Fred

or at the very least into place, right?

have you never done any dressmaking?

polywideblock

use super glue to fix hem on jeans  :icon_smile_big:

JB400

Are you planning on removing the pins?  He might have arthritis if you don't.

polywideblock

JB400

polywideblock

JB400

polywideblock

I know i'm going to regret this but what is Obamacare ?

JB400

It is Obama's healthcare plan that is taking the US healthcare system, and scrapping it.  It then limits how much money a doctor can charge for services.  It also forces everyone to have  predetermined health insurance plans that has to be purchased by everyone or face a tax.  A person can choose which plan they have based on budget, or they can go to medicaid if they don't make enough money.  People that don't make enough to buy insurance, or make too much to qualify for medicaid, can get a subsidy (tax break) from the government to buy insurance.  Businesses that have more than 50 employees must also supply health insurance to all full time employees or face a tax.  A full time employee is one that works 30 hours a week or more.
It also dictates what medicine the government will pay for.  They want you to take the cheaper generic drugs that don't work, instead of the name brand medicine that does work, but cost a little more.

There's a bunch of other taxes and what not that are being imposed.  This deal was passed by only one political party and just thrown together.  The other party had no say in it and didn't vote on it.  No one read it until it was signed into law.  Obama won't compromise on any part of it.  It is currently falling apart.  Quite a few people are losing their jobs.  Millions are losing health insurance because their current plan doesn't meet the new laws.

Only positive that I see is it does not discriminate.  People with illnesses get the same rates as a heathy individual of the same age.

This is supposed to make sure that everyone has health insurance.  But, not everyone can afford it.  Premiums have now risen.   Deductibles have risen more.  Not very many people are happy.

JB400

Does it sound like a good deal to you?

polywideblock

we have similar,  have private health insurance and get a tax break.  but even a millionaire can walk into public hospital an get treatment  of course that is abusing the system but it happens .sound familiar ?

JB400

I'm sure it happens here too.  Can we just go back to the way things were in 2009?

moparsr2fast

Actually, can we go back more like 20 years ago, while retaining current knowledge of everything?
Bob

70 Charger 500
     2001 Ram 2500 Sport
        2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  2006 Dodge Charger Daytona

burnout.dawg

Wouldn't 40 years ago when our cars were new be better?

JB400

May I take the money I have now, with me?  I'd be able to buy one brand new

polywideblock

why settle for a plain old charger ? i'd  go to 71-2  when they couldn't give away the Daytona's /super birds and take one of each  :icon_smile_big: might even have a new r/t too. wouldn't you love to be able to walk in and tick ALL the boxes ?

JB400

Why can't we do that now on the cars we love?

Fred

could it be because the money we have now is enough only if we go back 40 years?

polywideblock

if you went back then with the money we have now,   don't you think  they would think you was some sort of shady character ?  what was the average wage $2-3000 a year ?

Fred

Quote from: polywideblock on November 02, 2013, 06:30:42 PM
if you went back then with the money we have now,   don't you think  they would think you was some sort of shady character ?  what was the average wage $2-3000 a year ?

How did we ever make ends meet?  :scratchchin:  Do you know, our very first home cost a whopping $24,000.