News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Carz

Started by GYC Undertaker, December 10, 2012, 01:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAY CLONA

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 18, 2017, 12:57:18 PM
Troy, I understand. I just was wondering what to expect upon sending my Charger all the way out there.
Sorry if I was out of line.
Mike

A lot depends on how it's being "restored", and by that I mean are you covering the full costs in full with a check, or like some, begging and borrowing from sponsors/donors to supplement/offset the costs with discounted/donated parts/services, in either case add approx $30K to your "restoration's" estimated costs for parts and materials

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 18, 2017, 04:01:54 PM
These forums are supposed to be helpful. What the hell is the point of posting up your stuff if you are not helping others? It is selfish to just post stuff up, in effect bragging about your stuff while doing nothing to help others reach the same end.

Sometimes people use a thread to archive their build. Now in the tech sections ,yes.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi-hampton

The guy that Bought my Charger was going to GYC restore it. He told me GYC told him $75-85k I think he said & I think Mark told me the same when I talked to him on the phone. And thats on a solid & complete running driving rustfree car. When he ask Julius a.k.a Restorations by Julius in L.A. area he told him $125k he said. That would should give you a idea. LEON.

Kern Dog

I've seen a few of Julius' cars. Nice but not what I would expect for that kind of money.

HANDM

Again proving the point, to make money restoring cars, do it for someone else!

moparnation74

2592 creston

View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Offline)
(No subject)
« Sent to: moparnation74 on: Today at 01:05:59 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageRemove  

Wow, now i see what dick you really are!! I have been getting a steady stream of PM'S saying what a cunt you are ( well they all didn't use the word cunt but they got their point across)  my car is better than anything you have the day it came out of the factory and it's better than anything you have today!Even if you have a#1 440 charger that may be equal to a Hemi Charger that is missing the engine and just got dragged out of the woods!!

From Creston2592 Today via PM.....

This is what he really thinks of not only my car/cars(which he has never seen) but anyone who does not have a HEMI car........

:popcorn:

What a poor excuse of an attitude we see sometimes in this hobby....

alfaitalia

Well...that was friendly of him...lol. I always find people a lot braver online than in the real world. I try and make it a rule that I don't say something in an email or post that I would not say to a man's face.....I'm guessing he can't say the same. :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

moparnation74

Quote from: alfaitalia on March 19, 2017, 05:54:47 PM
Well...that was friendly of him...lol. I always find people a lot braver online than in the real world. I try and make it a rule that I don't say something in an email or post that I would not say to a man's face.....I'm guessing he can't say the same. :lol:
Yeah, he would not want that one!   We have had words in the past obviously...I have stated some not so nice things to him and admit that but I have no problem whatsoever saying it to his face!

The thing is call me what you want, cut my car down all that you want(which he has never seen) but this attitude of "because I have a Hemi car and everything less is basically junk."  That attitude whether he wants to be man enough to admit it but thats his attitude towards anything/anyone that owns a non Hemi car......

#######That is why I have a low tolerance for people like that#######

It all stemmed from him poking his nose into the OE gold crowd and defending where his car got restored.....I have stated several times that his charger is a nice car but he just cannot stop with his BS attitude....

birdsandbees

Me world and Daddies money..  :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

moparnation74

Here is his recent pm after he saw what was posted here......I have no idea why he keeps sending me messages :scratch chin:

2592 creston

View Profile  Email  Personal Message (Offline)
(No subject)
« Sent to: moparnation74 on: Today at 06:51:46 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageRemove 

Hey you just proved they are right about you!! Go run and tell your girl friends someone is not happy with you. !!! You're a joke!

######

I find this very comical.....I guess anyone whom chimes in that agrees with me is considered a "girl friend."  Whether I know them or not....and most that has agreed I do not even know?? 

The best thing for this guy to do is just simply leave me alone.........Thats it....let it go dude! 

Kern Dog

Wow, what a whiny dude. Sending bitch PMs bragging about his car???   :smilielol:

I have never owned a vintage Hemi car and never expect to own one.  That is fine with me.
Elitist pricks are everywhere. Athletes that think they are better than their teammates, Politicians, even classic car owners. I've  heard people talk about Hemi snobs, E body snobs, B body snobs.....Personally, I have never experienced that face to face but I sure have online. Why ?
I would rather see a well built wedge powered car that actually gets driven than a 100 point GOLD status museum piece.

alfaitalia

:iagree:. Well said. They were built to be driven....not trailered from show to show with zero miles on the clock....should be a crime. Having said that some of the Gold standard rebuilds on here look amazing....but its like going out with a Supermodel you never screw....wasted!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Kern Dog

Yeah....Imagine a trophy wife that can't cook, won't clean and you can't even bone every few days.  :brickwall:
Guys that win Gold at the Mopar Nationals are stunning. The cleanliness, the detail is amazing. These Mark Worman restorations do seem to look nice but I like these cars for more than just their appearance. I want them to do everything better than they did when they were new. We have the ability to make them faster, stop quicker, handle and ride better and even quieter. When I hear Mark complain because a customer wants anon stock engine with a bigger cam or something, I shake my head at that. Why settle for a 14 second car? Thats what most of these cars did on a good day. If you are happy with that level of performance, thats fine. I am not a drag racer but I figure if I needed to rebuild an engine, why not step it up especially if the cost isn't much different?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 20, 2017, 03:58:59 AM
These Mark Worman restorations do seem to look nice

Everything looks good on TV  :icon_smile_big: after a few of these owners glee and having been on TV status subsides and they start taking a real look at what they brought home and payed for, then the reality starts to sink in just how "wonderful" the work done really is

Kern Dog

You may be right. I've never seen one up close.

Troy

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 18, 2017, 12:57:18 PM
Troy, I understand. I just was wondering what to expect upon sending my Charger all the way out there.
Sorry if I was out of line.
Mike
Someone could tell you the hourly rate but unless your car is identical to his in every way AND you wanted the exact same result, there's really no help in knowing the final dollar amount. On top of that, sometimes rates change based on how busy the shop is. There's really no way to know without contacting the shop. You can't make them work on your car for what was in someone elses quote! :) Yes, knowing whether you can get it done for peanuts vs a kidney is helpful. These guys are famous AND built a gigantic expensive shop full of expensive equipment so assume you'll be paying handsomely for the privilege of them working on your car.

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 18, 2017, 04:01:54 PM
These forums are supposed to be helpful. What the hell is the point of posting up your stuff if you are not helping others? It is selfish to just post stuff up, in effect bragging about your stuff while doing nothing to help others reach the same end.
Helpful tip of the day: when needing to know how much something costs, ask the seller. And, if you wait a year or so, ask them again.

There's a distinct difference between "my air filter cost $X with $X for installation" and "the ground up restoration on my car cost $X". To fully understand the second part you'd need a detailed list of the condition of everything on the car, a bill of materials, and a comprehensive breakdown of the labor involved. Not providing that information doesn't mean a person is selfish. Way to make that leap though...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ECS

Quote from: alfaitalia on March 20, 2017, 03:08:53 AM
:iagree:. Well said. They were built to be driven....not trailered from show to show with zero miles on the clock....should be a crime. Having said that some of the Gold standard rebuilds on here look amazing....but its like going out with a Supermodel you never screw....wasted!

That's the great thing about owning a Car.  You can do with it what you want.  They're an inanimate object, not a Person.  Enjoyment is certainly a relative term.  I have many "Classic" cars that sit around and only look "nice".  They remain in stock original condition and perform like new.  If I want to feel "premier" performance from a Car, it's hard to get it from a Classic vehicle.  For me, to drive them would actually ruin the perception of "greatness" they had for me when I was young.  I say this because when I drove my 5400 original mile 1969 Z/28 Camaro, I was completely disappointed in how it performed.   The same for my Boss 302 and Hemicuda.  Their reality ruined the perception I had about the iconic performance I read about when they were just coming onto the scene.  

Driving new Z06 Corvettes, Vipers and other modern day Supercars has put them in their place.  When feeling the power of a sub 12 second "new" Car, it's hard to be impressed by a vehicle that runs a 14 or 15 second quarter mile times.  For me, I'll would rather drive the Cars that start good, drive comfortably, handle superbly and run very fast.  They will EASILY outperform the older Cars that smell bad when started, burn your eyes and have something go wrong with them on a constant basis.  Perception can provide a comforting sense of reality in this particular case.  I'm not saying this is the attitude everyone should have, it's simply my crazy opinion on the topic.
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

Kern Dog

Mine does not have things going wrong with it on a constant basis.

ECS

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 20, 2017, 11:44:34 PM

That may have been the wrong words to use.  It seems like they always leak just a bit or have to be adjusted on a regular basis.  If you use original style tires, they drift all over the road even when driving on a straight path.  I know MANY who claim their cars overheat if they sit too long in traffic.  If you don't have air conditioning, driving in the hot weather can be miserable.  An original style "maintenance free" Battery goes bad if you don't run a constant trickle charge on it.  Those may not be an issue for some but after driving newer Cars that idle nice, have climate control, a great stereo system, excellent handling (even when you take your eyes off the road for one second) and can get up to triple digits in a flash, that's more desirable for me.  

I like admiring them and wiping them off every now and then.  For me, the comradely and people you meet because of these Classics are just as important as driving them.  I appreciate and try to preserve them for what they were at that particular moment in time.  They are now antiquated technology and no longer hold the top spot in the area of performance.  

I appreciate how Companies like Graveyard Cars continues to promote the heritage and notoriety of these iconic Machines by "restoring" them.  

Kern Dog

I enjoy the show in small doses. I can't sit through 3 or more in a row though.

ECS

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 21, 2017, 01:35:26 AM
I enjoy the show in small doses. I can't sit through 3 or more in a row though.

You are 100% correct!  They can be a real pain to participate in or even attend.  :brickwall:

moparnation74

Quote from: ECS on March 21, 2017, 01:33:06 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on March 20, 2017, 11:44:34 PM
I appreciate how Companies like Graveyard Cars continues to promote the heritage and notoriety of these iconic Machines by "restoring" them.  
Dave, I would have thought you would use the term...Refurbish..... :o

When it comes to the show focusing on the crew(Dave, Will, and Alyssa) and the cars is great!...the other individual "mute" and thanks to dvr FF comes into play...

In my personal opinion the BEST car show on the tube is Bitchin Rides, Dave Kindig is the man and has an awesome crew...Kevin can be annoying at times but they represent what an actual shop out there runs like....The restorations/refurbs/Customs are second to none!  One of the few shows that all I FF through is the commercials :popcrn:

billssuperbird

I like bitchin rides :popcrn: :cheers:

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ECS

Quote from: moparnation74 on March 21, 2017, 08:41:24 AM
Dave, I would have thought you would use the term...Refurbish..... :o

You'll notice I put quotation marks around that word.  It's the "word" everyone recognizes in the Automotive World when a Car is made to look nice again.  If you can't beat em, join em!  :lol: