News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Carz

Started by GYC Undertaker, December 10, 2012, 01:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2592 creston

Quote from: moparnation74 on March 15, 2017, 08:10:01 AM
Quote from: 2592 creston on March 15, 2017, 07:28:08 AM
Quote from: moparnation74 on March 14, 2017, 02:01:05 PM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 14, 2017, 10:55:46 AM
Quote from: 2592 creston on March 14, 2017, 05:13:08 AM
Quote from: moparnation74 on March 13, 2017, 07:56:26 AM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 12, 2017, 09:23:51 PM
Quote from: triple_green on March 12, 2017, 10:44:45 AM
They are going to find out it is a lot harder to buy cars and fix them and make a profit, than just billing a customer for their work.......

But who knows, maybe like on Counting Cars, people will pay twice the market value of the car just to get on TV  :)

Ohhh and they will pay in triplicate to have the bragging rights that their new acquisition was built by GYC....That's not something I would want done, nor admit too owning a GYC's perfumed pig resto, but some people live blindly for the "attention" that would bring them as they stand blindly and proudly along side their abortion of a restoration
Exactly!!!  All because they got a cheap "All In'" restoration price...Hence, all the mistakes and junk repop parts.....Funny, some of those abortion owners say, "Well wheres your Hemi car" or "They are restored to OE."  It is funny when push came to shove those that stated this would not have the balls to place them in an OE judged event at Carlisle or the Nats.....

Maybe some people don't feel the need to have their car judged or have every hose clamp NOS and costing $$$. In my case my dad was the second owner of my car and I had great memories with him and the car. I promised him I would have it restored and when he passed away I did just that! In my opinion the car is done the way I wanted it safe ,reliable and it looks pretty good. Did it cost less than an OE restoration ,of course it did but some people put all that money into a car so they can win an award and  be upside down if they ever wanted to sell it. Not that I would ever sell my car but if I did it would be worth twice what I have in it. GYC may not to be to everyone's liking ( hell I fought with Mark everyday) but they perform a service that some of us like, they put our cars back on the road for a reasonable cost so we enjoy can them and drive the hell out of them (which i do)! Just for the record i was asked to come on the show for the reveal but I declined,i just wanted my car done and back home. And by the way a GYC "perfumed pig" restored Challenger sold at auction for 120,000.00 , a lot higher than a 70 six pak challenger would normally sell for and probably a lot more than certain cars on this forum would bring.
So basically IMHO, if GYC's is going to do the "talk", they have to show they can do the "walk"
That is what all of us have been saying all along.....It is the talk, the mouth of someone not producing what he is portraying to the public.

Creston, Hemi Guy has a nicely restored charger....I do not think anyone here would disagree....Sure a #2 or #3 car but that is what you wanted as it seems...However, when you constantly chime in on a topic in relation to what me and Dayclona are referring to than you are off base here.  When the show personality makes references as Dayclona mentioned and mind you have been discussed previously.  Then the door gets open to the people who could give a rats azz to value/for sale BS and they own/restore these #1 examples to stand behind their cars and the Actual OE restorations....Just like you did for yours.....

You should be very proud if you did indeed restore your car to a #1 example, it's not easy or cheap to do. The only reason I chimed in this time is that I noticed your post was kinda pointed at me. I don't really care what issues you have with GYC ,my car is home and I don't have to deal with them anymore. And yes I got  the restoration I wanted, safe reliable and not bad to look at. I never had intentions of trying to win any of the awards that seem to be important to people that want that kind of thing. It was meant to be enjoyed and driven as much as possible. On the other hand not everyone cares that a car is a #1 example, I wonder if people had a choice between a #2 or #3 Numbers matching Hemi,4 Speed Charger or let's say a #1 440 Charger which would they pick? I am glad you guys are so passionate about what you do and best of luck in the future.
Again, your ohh my gosh I got a hemi car.....Kudos to you!  I have had a few myself and the point is?....Ohh and two of those were #1 cars as well....Coronet and charger btw...

You like to throw in the award comment a lot as well.  I have not been to an OE event in over ten years....Your point is what?  I can care less about an award and value....How many times do I have to pound that into you.....I build all my cars the same period and tha just sot happens to be as close to TRUE OE status......That is what I like....I do not like someone whom makes false claims of doing those types of restorations and the fake supporters....

Interesting enough you talk about how people would chose your car over another that doesn't have a 426....Over on FBBO you reposted your pics recently and just how many people commented?  3 I think, wow. That is a big audience.....You may say,  "I do not care!"  but apparently you do or why else would you continue to post those pics of that #3 car in that thread you created......So stop with your BS......

Your car is nice and restored the way you want it......Was yours the only hemi car restored there?  Maybe I am referring to that other hemi owner.....But I am waiting for that one to stop with the BS and to get the point....

Get one thing strait ,I will never get your point . You are the arrogant one rating cars #1, #2 etc. In my opinion they are all great on this forum from the one the guy dragged out of the woods yesterday to the so called #1 cars . I even think yours is nice. I see by the reply you gave cooldude that whoever disagrees with you gets the attitude and that's fine . I'm not sure with why GYC upsets you so much ? Is what he says or does costing you money, time or effecting you in any way. Yeah he says stuff, people agree and like what he does so what is it your concern? I come on this forum to look at these great cars that we have and enjoy them, I don't think you will find a negative comment I made about anyone's ride. And yes I post photos of my car because maybe someone else might want to check it out,if they don't that's fine too. I don't post  advice because I know most people on this site have more experience  working on these cars than I do.  My dad had a car I wrote a check got it running and now I enjoy the hell out of it! So you and your crony should get off your high horse and maybe someday YOU will get point!

moparnation74

Quote from: 2592 creston on March 16, 2017, 04:43:02 AM
Quote from: moparnation74 on March 15, 2017, 08:10:01 AM
Quote from: 2592 creston on March 15, 2017, 07:28:08 AM
Quote from: moparnation74 on March 14, 2017, 02:01:05 PM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 14, 2017, 10:55:46 AM
Quote from: 2592 creston on March 14, 2017, 05:13:08 AM
Quote from: moparnation74 on March 13, 2017, 07:56:26 AM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 12, 2017, 09:23:51 PM
Quote from: triple_green on March 12, 2017, 10:44:45 AM
They are going to find out it is a lot harder to buy cars and fix them and make a profit, than just billing a customer for their work.......

But who knows, maybe like on Counting Cars, people will pay twice the market value of the car just to get on TV  :)

Ohhh and they will pay in triplicate to have the bragging rights that their new acquisition was built by GYC....That's not something I would want done, nor admit too owning a GYC's perfumed pig resto, but some people live blindly for the "attention" that would bring them as they stand blindly and proudly along side their abortion of a restoration
Exactly!!!  All because they got a cheap "All In'" restoration price...Hence, all the mistakes and junk repop parts.....Funny, some of those abortion owners say, "Well wheres your Hemi car" or "They are restored to OE."  It is funny when push came to shove those that stated this would not have the balls to place them in an OE judged event at Carlisle or the Nats.....

Maybe some people don't feel the need to have their car judged or have every hose clamp NOS and costing $$$. In my case my dad was the second owner of my car and I had great memories with him and the car. I promised him I would have it restored and when he passed away I did just that! In my opinion the car is done the way I wanted it safe ,reliable and it looks pretty good. Did it cost less than an OE restoration ,of course it did but some people put all that money into a car so they can win an award and  be upside down if they ever wanted to sell it. Not that I would ever sell my car but if I did it would be worth twice what I have in it. GYC may not to be to everyone's liking ( hell I fought with Mark everyday) but they perform a service that some of us like, they put our cars back on the road for a reasonable cost so we enjoy can them and drive the hell out of them (which i do)! Just for the record i was asked to come on the show for the reveal but I declined,i just wanted my car done and back home. And by the way a GYC "perfumed pig" restored Challenger sold at auction for 120,000.00 , a lot higher than a 70 six pak challenger would normally sell for and probably a lot more than certain cars on this forum would bring.
So basically IMHO, if GYC's is going to do the "talk", they have to show they can do the "walk"
That is what all of us have been saying all along.....It is the talk, the mouth of someone not producing what he is portraying to the public.

Creston, Hemi Guy has a nicely restored charger....I do not think anyone here would disagree....Sure a #2 or #3 car but that is what you wanted as it seems...However, when you constantly chime in on a topic in relation to what me and Dayclona are referring to than you are off base here.  When the show personality makes references as Dayclona mentioned and mind you have been discussed previously.  Then the door gets open to the people who could give a rats azz to value/for sale BS and they own/restore these #1 examples to stand behind their cars and the Actual OE restorations....Just like you did for yours.....

You should be very proud if you did indeed restore your car to a #1 example, it's not easy or cheap to do. The only reason I chimed in this time is that I noticed your post was kinda pointed at me. I don't really care what issues you have with GYC ,my car is home and I don't have to deal with them anymore. And yes I got  the restoration I wanted, safe reliable and not bad to look at. I never had intentions of trying to win any of the awards that seem to be important to people that want that kind of thing. It was meant to be enjoyed and driven as much as possible. On the other hand not everyone cares that a car is a #1 example, I wonder if people had a choice between a #2 or #3 Numbers matching Hemi,4 Speed Charger or let's say a #1 440 Charger which would they pick? I am glad you guys are so passionate about what you do and best of luck in the future.
Again, your ohh my gosh I got a hemi car.....Kudos to you!  I have had a few myself and the point is?....Ohh and two of those were #1 cars as well....Coronet and charger btw...

You like to throw in the award comment a lot as well.  I have not been to an OE event in over ten years....Your point is what?  I can care less about an award and value....How many times do I have to pound that into you.....I build all my cars the same period and tha just sot happens to be as close to TRUE OE status......That is what I like....I do not like someone whom makes false claims of doing those types of restorations and the fake supporters....

Interesting enough you talk about how people would chose your car over another that doesn't have a 426....Over on FBBO you reposted your pics recently and just how many people commented?  3 I think, wow. That is a big audience.....You may say,  "I do not care!"  but apparently you do or why else would you continue to post those pics of that #3 car in that thread you created......So stop with your BS......

Your car is nice and restored the way you want it......Was yours the only hemi car restored there?  Maybe I am referring to that other hemi owner.....But I am waiting for that one to stop with the BS and to get the point....

Get one thing strait ,I will never get your point . You are the arrogant one rating cars #1, #2 etc. In my opinion they are all great on this forum from the one the guy dragged out of the woods yesterday to the so called #1 cars . I even think yours is nice. I see by the reply you gave cooldude that whoever disagrees with you gets the attitude and that's fine . I'm not sure with why GYC upsets you so much ? Is what he says or does costing you money, time or effecting you in any way. Yeah he says stuff, people agree and like what he does so what is it your concern? I come on this forum to look at these great cars that we have and enjoy them, I don't think you will find a negative comment I made about anyone's ride. And yes I post photos of my car because maybe someone else might want to check it out,if they don't that's fine too. I don't post  advice because I know most people on this site have more experience  working on these cars than I do.  My dad had a car I wrote a check got it running and now I enjoy the hell out of it! So you and your crony should get off your high horse and maybe someday YOU will get point!
You sound just like a child with this..."lets get one thing straight" and "arrogant"  but you are the humble one here right, lol...

It is obvious you will not get the point.....Heck, TWO other members here told you that very same thing as well in this thread, lol....Call me whatever you want but I do know your just a caddy little guy that got a 70 hemi charger restored.  When someone points out a little truth to you or where that #4 car got restored.  Here you come with the same statements....

Save your same old rhetoric, no one cares that you wrote a check be it small or large....Everyone here has done the same....

I think cooldude can handle himself...It is a forum and I have every right as long as being within the rules to post whatever I want and if not they can delete that.  People disagree here all the time every day, hour, minute....So whats your point?  Maybe if you pop into another thread you might see this...instead of posting pics and coming here and other forums just for the GYC threads.....

Your problem is you stick your nose into a part of the hobby where it doesn't belong....However, you said above you do not state negative comments etc....but you sure can pop in these GYC threads and knock down on people when they disagree with the OE statements being made.  It is the same thing as knocking down someones car.......

Again, One thread on FBBO recently and 3 posts!  I think that tells what people think of you versus the car......but you don't care right?....Then why even post if you do not care?

Ohh wait because your 3 pictures help the hobby out, Not! :nana:

2592 creston

You end your post with :nana: and I'm the child? Keep putting my car down it's okay. Some people would rather have a Timex that looks like it just came out of it's plastic box and some would rather have a Rolex that has some wear! I would rather the Rolex! Get over it, GYC makes alot  of money doing what they do and they do it on TV. Im sure Velocity would give someone like you (greatest Mopar Reburbisher of all time who wouldn't settle for anything but perfection) a show ! Let me know what day its on!

moparnation74

Quote from: 2592 creston on March 16, 2017, 08:15:20 AM

You end your post with :nana: and I'm the child? Keep putting my car down it's okay. Some people would rather have a Timex that looks like it just came out of it's plastic box and some would rather have a Rolex that has some wear! I would rather the Rolex! Get over it, GYC makes alot  of money doing what they do and they do it on TV. Im sure Velocity would give someone like you (greatest Mopar Reburbisher of all time who wouldn't settle for anything but perfection) a show ! Let me know what day its on!
lol....You don have a Rolex btw.....Maybe a cheap knock off!

I know you like to spin your assumptions but everyone you state you are incorrect.....

Btw I have a career that makes/made me all the money I need  but in your eyes I need more because you have a hemi charger...lol  So your point is..Yet, another wrong assumption.

Where have I stated/mentioned anywhere that I was the greatest Mopar Refurbisher?  No where?  Yet another one of your wrong assumptions.

I can tell you whom I believe is the "Greatest Mopar Refurbisher"...That is Dave Walden, ECS......Then there is about 5 or so names we all(but You) know below him....PS: Even then I am still not in that list......So your point is?  Yet another wrong assumption.....

I could care less what GYC makes in revenue....Your point is?  Yet another wrong assumption.....

When it comes to my builds why does it matter to you if I strive for perfection?  Is it not your money, your time, or nor your worry? Yet again, lol......

See you always give up the reason why you are here 1.  you have a hemi car and you want to gloat that you have one(A lot here including myself has or had one)
2.  To defend GYC for the erroneous statements of restore only OE examples etc, Which you do not have? If anyone disagrees with the shows comment here you come spewing the same BS over and ovar again...

lukedukem

i have a Timex that has wear. it was my grandfathers.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

moparnation74

Quote from: lukedukem on March 16, 2017, 08:44:58 AM
i have a Timex that has wear. it was my grandfathers.

Luke
:2thumbs:  I have neither one(timex or rolex)and not even a cheap knock off.....Maybe Velocity could help me out...lol

2592 creston

Quote from: moparnation74 on March 16, 2017, 08:42:28 AM

I know you like to spin your assumptions but everyone you state you are incorrect.....

Btw I have a career that makes/made me all the money I need  but in your eyes I need more because you have a hemi charger...lol  So your point is..Yet, another wrong assumption.

Where have I stated/mentioned anywhere that I was the greatest Mopar Refurbisher?  No where?  Yet another one of your wrong assumptions.

I can tell you whom I believe is the "Greatest Mopar Refurbisher"...That is Dave Walden, ECS......Then there is about 5 or so names we all(but You) know below him....PS: Even then I am still not in that list......So your point is?  Yet another wrong assumption.....

I could care less what GYC makes in revenue....Your point is?  Yet another wrong assumption.....

When it comes to my builds why does it matter to you if I strive for perfection?  Is it not your money, your time, or nor your worry? Yet again, lol......

See you always give up the reason why you are here 1.  you have a hemi car and you want to gloat that you have one(A lot here including myself has or had one)
2.  To defend GYC for the erroneous statements of restore only OE examples etc, Which you do not have? If anyone disagrees with the shows comment here you come spewing the same BS over and ovar again...

Hey Timex, Im getting bored with our little game. I'll be back in a few months to push your buttons again!! It' so easy!!

moparnation74

Quote from: 2592 creston on March 16, 2017, 09:27:33 AM
Quote from: moparnation74 on March 16, 2017, 08:42:28 AM

Hey Timex, Im getting bored with our little game. I'll be back in a few months to push your buttons again!! It' so easy!!
Spoken like the true child you are #4......I would rather have a Timex than a fake Rolex.....

uhh, BYE! lol.....you only got 3 posts...lol....Thanks for helping the hobby out!

See ya whenever for another round.....but if you quote this post or post again today, tomorrow, one week or less than a few months.  I guess you still give away what your words truly mean....

Lennard

lukedukem

I had to.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Kern Dog

For the record... the phrase "Could care less" is incorrect. If you don't care about something, you DON'T care. There is no caring at all. To say you "Could care less" means that there is by at least a small measure, SOME amount of caring involved.
I COULDN'T care less means that because I don't care at all, it is impossible to care any less.    :cheers:

timmycharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 16, 2017, 01:49:31 PM
For the record... the phrase "Could care less" is incorrect. If you don't care about something, you DON'T care. There is no caring at all. To say you "Could care less" means that there is by at least a small measure, SOME amount of caring involved.
I COULDN'T care less means that because I don't care at all, it is impossible to care any less.    :cheers:

so what are your thoughts on the expression "I could give two shits"  ;D

moparnation74

Quote from: timmycharger on March 16, 2017, 01:58:12 PM

so what are your thoughts on the expression "I could give two shits"  ;D
No kidding.....guess we could pull something from every post on this site today and have a grammar lesson but that is not for me...I could care less, Lol.....However, I do know how KD hates certain phrases....I have known him long enough to understand his personality... :2thumbs:

birdsandbees

For $20.. use it in a sentence!

"I could give two shits if you used daddies check book to have GYC rebuild his car for you" !  :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

timmycharger

Quote from: birdsandbees on March 16, 2017, 02:31:44 PM
For $20.. use it in a sentence!

"I could give two shits if you used daddies check book to have GYC rebuilt his car for you" !  :yesnod:

:rofl:   perfect!

Kern Dog

I do show disdain for certain phrases when they are used wrong. It is so easy to do right!
Please look at it this way: If people were as critical of their own speech and grammar as they are about fender tags, door gaps and body colored engine bays, we would be easier to understand and appear more intelligent.
I am not some English teacher, I'm just a blue collar guy that takes pride in what I do.

cdr

Well,----------------------I have to admit that I am on the same BAND WAGON as KD on this , it drives me NUTS.

I couldn't care less what Douchbag shop messed up your 1970 Hemi Charger!!!  or

I couldn't give TWO SHITS who rebuilt your car, I built my own in my little garage.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

moparnation74

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 16, 2017, 04:28:20 PM
I do show disdain for certain phrases when they are used wrong. It is so easy to do right!
Please look at it this way: If people were as critical of their own speech and grammar as they are about fender tags, door gaps and body colored engine bays, we would be easier to understand and appear more intelligent.
I am not some English teacher, I'm just a blue collar guy that takes pride in what I do.
I love when people act as a grammar moderator.  It provides great humor for me.  No matter where one turns there is someone more intelligent or maybe less intelligent than oneself.  

Or maybe a person had some medical issues that affected a certain brain hemisphere called the cerebral cortex.  The time it takes to formulate a single sentence is twice as long as the average individual.  Sometimes words or phrases get misused but the general point is expressed.  I should know I deal with that problem daily.  

So before you start ripping on people for being less intelligent because their grammar bothers you.  You may want to rethink a bit next time because that person may be struggling with something out of their control.....

I have a bachelor's and a master's.  That is not to gloat nor makes me better but I did not achieve those by being less than intelligent...

Kern Dog

I see your posts and appreciate the intelligence behind them. I was unaware of any medical condition that you deal with. It never seems to show here.
We all have people that we deal with face to face as well as people online that we never meet. Reading the words of people, you never know that the author may be totally normal and healthy OR drunk, stoned, spun, have a stutter, is a SLOW talker, a fast talker, a spitty talker, one that mispronounces words or is just an idiot. I proofread everything I post and while some stuff slips by, I try to write as if my English teacher were standing nearby with a paddle. No, that is not a childhood fantasy.   :scratchchin:
A really screwed up person can edit their posts and nobody would ever know their true condition.
A perfectly normal person can be lazy and post up stuff that makes them look as if they are far less intelligent than they really are.
I work with some great guys that still say pobly, prolly, parbly... :eek2:  Let me AXE you dis... ::)  Icould care less... :pity: But if they typed it,  it would probably come out right!
Again, sorry for your situation.
I'm happy to see such a well educated guy so into these classics.... The cars that were primarily for regular Joes!

moparnation74

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 17, 2017, 01:14:14 AM
I see your posts and appreciate the intelligence behind them. I was unaware of any medical condition that you deal with. It never seems to show here.
We all have people that we deal with face to face as well as people online that we never meet. Reading the words of people, you never know that the author may be totally normal and healthy OR drunk, stoned, spun, have a stutter, is a SLOW talker, a fast talker, a spitty talker, one that mispronounces words or is just an idiot. I proofread everything I post and while some stuff slips by, I try to write as if my English teacher were standing nearby with a paddle. No, that is not a childhood fantasy.   :scratchchin:
A really screwed up person can edit their posts and nobody would ever know their true condition.
A perfectly normal person can be lazy and post up stuff that makes them look as if they are far less intelligent than they really are.
I work with some great guys that still say pobly, prolly, parbly... :eek2:  Let me AXE you dis... ::)  Icould care less... :pity: But if they typed it,  it would probably come out right!
Again, sorry for your situation.
I'm happy to see such a well educated guy so into these classics.... The cars that were primarily for regular Joes!
KD, Thanks!  No worries at all and I do not have any issues with you, just know that.  Partly, I also understand what you are saying.  Furthermore, I did not expect you to know but do to the situation I wanted to point that out.  Dealing with this is a daily battle and I have self treated myself very well.  Part of my background is in the therapeutic end in the medical field.  Utilizing that and trying to improve my speech center has improved greatly in the past four years. 

We all have some sort of story but rarely we relay them....

ACUDANUT

2521 whatever, I asked you in private e-mail what they (GYC) charge ? What is the big secret here ?

BDF

These posts are WAY more entertaining than those "F & F" movies.
:popcrn:

Troy

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 17, 2017, 01:27:31 PM
2521 whatever, I asked you in private e-mail what they (GYC) charge ? What is the big secret here ?
A. None of your business what they charged a particular customer.
B. Every job is unique in regards to damage, rust, and quality of existing parts. Everything that has to be touched has an associated time cost.
C. Call GYC and ask what their current rate is. They may have different rates for different tasks (metal work, paint, interior, assembly, etc.). Some companies post their hourly rate right by the door or on their web site. That still doesn't help if your car requires twice as much work as the guy in front of you.

If you aren't an idiot, you can usually negotiate prices with a vendor. When you do this it's bad form to go tell everyone else the details of your specific contract.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ACUDANUT

Troy, I understand. I just was wondering what to expect upon sending my Charger all the way out there.
Sorry if I was out of line.
Mike

Kern Dog

These forums are supposed to be helpful. What the hell is the point of posting up your stuff if you are not helping others? It is selfish to just post stuff up, in effect bragging about your stuff while doing nothing to help others reach the same end.