News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Carz

Started by GYC Undertaker, December 10, 2012, 01:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Well,if it was directed at myself,then I can say the same back,you don't know me off this forum,as I to am very humble and sarcastic.You are reading my responces in type,not hearing my tone of voice.Do I hate the show,well I obviously know what is shown so I must be watching.Heck,a show about Mopars and restoration !!!! That's right up my alley!!!!!As you know I do paint/body restoration,and use the same products(PPG) as Graveyard,so I probably pay attention more than others as to what/how he is doing things,all body guys do as well.
So,as fast as I can pick apart his mistakes,I get it,he has a lot going on dealing with the production of the show cutting into the time he should be working on these cars if they weren't there filming.As well as,he HAS to create a drama/conflictions/comedy/etc to make the show interesting for the producers or he wouldn't have the show last.
I geuss I take it to heart more than I should as to how condescending he is to others,created for drama or real,becuase I can honestly tell you,alittle fun and criticism is fine,we do that naturally at the shop I work at,very similar to Graveyard,a bunch of tight knit friends,but being on a TV show or not,there is only so much I would take before walking away.It's not that important to me in the spotlight vs. being portrayed as an idiot or dumb and dumber.
Would our shop like to be in his place?Who wouldn't,all the contributions expanding his building ,equipment etc,as well as some clientell list growing wanting to have their cars done by the crew at GC's.
So with that,if you were referring to things I commented about,I don't think I was out of line or bashing the show or Mark,just picking apart some things I noticed he goofed on.
Part of trying to be top notch at paint/body/restoration is being very detail oriented,so I pick things out fast when I see them,habbit of nature,sorry !!!! :shruggy:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on February 15, 2013, 08:35:34 AM
Most people here may think of me as sophisticated, suave and debonair, but in reality, I have a similar personality to Mark and I do get his brand of dry & sarcastic humor. But, on the other hand, I do realize that there are those who are void of that type of humor (plus the personality that goes with it) and will never get it.

100%  :iagree:  What? Did I just say that?  :nana:
Well,,,, not so much of the "sophisticated, suave and debonair" aspect of it..... But, you do have some COOL cars !!!!
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 15, 2013, 10:21:22 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on February 15, 2013, 08:35:34 AM
Most people here may think of me as sophisticated, suave and debonair, but in reality, I have a similar personality to Mark and I do get his brand of dry & sarcastic humor. But, on the other hand, I do realize that there are those who are void of that type of humor (plus the personality that goes with it) and will never get it.

100%  :iagree:  What? Did I just say that?  :nana:
Well,,,, not so much of the "sophisticated, suave and debonair" aspect of it..... But, you do have some COOL cars !!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Troy

So I finally saw part of a show last night (not sure if it was the latest as I was too tired to click on "info" and see). I saw the Daytona - which they kept calling a "Charger" - and the sunroof Challenger. The thing that bugged me was the stripe on the Challenger. I would have assumed he had that car memorized (as much as he seems to go on about factory correctness) and it should have never gotten through paint and clear without the stripe. After harassing that one guy about documenting every paint mark and stamp on the rear axle it seems like a major goof to have not known how to paint the stripe - or that it was even required. On my Challenger, the factory painted the car black all the way to the rear window - including most of the inside of the trunk - then masked and painted the rest of the car. It's totally obvious (to even people with little Mopar OR paint knowledge) when a Challenger bumblebee stripe is painted on last. Ok, so someone will probably point out that maybe the owner had decided they didn't like that particular stripe and only decided at the last minute to add it so the car matched the tag. Those things happen and maybe the shop was protecting the customer. However, it's annoying to see the disrespect for the other guys (especially on details that aren't nearly as obvious) after a screw up that huge.

I hardly ever watch tv so it's unlikely the show will either gain or lose me as a viewer. Just my observation based on about 20-30 minutes of watching.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

RJS

I will say I am liking the show more since this last week Mark didn't seem as mean to the guy's. I think Holley may become a big help.
Watching all the car's is always cool.
Just don't care for all the I'm the best type remarks he is always saying.  I think if he had at least one OE Gold car under his belt he could get away with all of that boosting.

I will continue to watch and hope it is more like this past weeks show.
Ron

r4daytona

Glad you guys are appreciating the show more and his love of the cars.  I get what you guys say about the "being mean" thing and in fact I told him about that a few weeks ago. Believe it or not Mark already recognized that. Don't get me wrong, he is sarcastic, cutting and a ball buster and he's not going to change, however, I believe you will see in season III the same sarcasm, but perhaps less of the "meaness" you guys are talking about.

Just know he does listen to what people are saying, and is always looking to improve the show, but he still needs to be himself.

Maybe I'm going to show my age here but here goes.  Remember the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts? Remember how mean Don Rickles was to everyone on the stage?  He was mean and cutting, but it was all done in fun and that was evident by the end where he finished with a compliment to the guest.  Well something similar could be said about Mark, he's cutting, mean, but always finishes up sitting next to Daren wrapping up the week.  I few weeks ago I told Mark that if Don Rickles had a mean brother it would be him thats how I came up with that analogy anyway, thats my :Twocents:

TUFCAT

Quote from: RJS on February 15, 2013, 08:17:20 PM

I think if he had at least one OE Gold car under his belt he could get away with all of that boosting.

Good point.

He [proclaims to be] the the brand expert for OEM restorations...  :D  But I don't recall ever seeing a feature car in any major Mopar magazine affiliated with Mark or Welby's collision.  

I could be wrong... :shruggy:

hatersaurusrex

Why don't all you haters take it elsewhere before you chase people off watching the show.  I for one am pumped there's a show on TV with Mopars on it.    You nitpickers kill me.  It's a TV show.   Don't ruin it for the rest of us, sheesh.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

nvrbdn

i really dont think that negative talk will drive watchers away. the show is for some and not for others. but in an open conversation board i think it would be a little boreing for 25 guys to keep saying to each other how great the show is. positive thoughts and negative thoughts spark conversation. without both, this thread would have been dead. also, if the guy took the time to watch the show and 20 minutes in still hadnt worked on a car, 2 minutes of welding, 10 minutes on holley, 2 minutes walnut shell blasting, 5 minutes removing the gas tank, rear end, front suspension,10 minutes meeting an ex owner of the cuda, 3 minute recap, i think he has the right to express his opinion on the show in an open forum about that show. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on February 15, 2013, 11:43:46 PM
Why don't all you haters take it elsewhere before you chase people off watching the show.  I for one am pumped there's a show on TV with Mopars on it.    You nitpickers kill me.  It's a TV show.   Don't ruin it for the rest of us, sheesh.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

TUFCAT

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on February 15, 2013, 11:43:46 PM
Why don't all you haters take it elsewhere before you chase people off watching the show.  I for one am pumped there's a show on TV with Mopars on it.    You nitpickers kill me.  It's a TV show.   Don't ruin it for the rest of us, sheesh.

Not directed to hatersaurusrex or anyone else for that matter but the hater label doesn't apply to me :RantExplode:

I'm watching the show so I don't hate it :D

I also listen to Howard Stern and I'm not a huge Stern fan. :shruggy:  Does that make me a Stern Hater. No. I think Howard can be an asshole to his crew and listeners sometimes..... but I'm a big boy and can take it.

Stern puts on a entertaining show designed for his target audience....just like GYC.  I "get it". Because I listen or watch a program doesn't make me a "fan".  Stern and GYC could vanish tomorrow and it wouldn't kill me.

ACUDANUT

You can never satisfy everyone. Buzzard Beak kills the show imo. hugs.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: TUFCAT on February 16, 2013, 06:19:05 PM

I also listen to Howard Stern and I'm not a huge Stern fan. :shruggy:  Does that make me a Stern Hater. No. I think Howard can be an asshole to his crew and listeners sometimes..... but I'm a big boy and I can take it.

Stern puts on a good show that can be very entertaining and is designed to attract a large audience....just like GYC.  I "get it". Because I listen or watch a program doesn't make me a "fan".  Stern and GYC could vanish tomorrow and it wouldn't kill me.

And a babbabooey to ya'al!

TUFCAT

aussiemuscle

We should get Mark and some of the 'experts' here and lock them in a room for a couple of hours. How long would it take till blood is spilled?  :smilielol:

djcarguy

show was kinda slow this week.holly in a empty office boring,and another damn coffee run waste of time .some good work on the cars,just not enough.   still enjoying and hope for more wing time.

as for the paint ball show,many may not of seen the yard sign. auto wrecker since 1949 an still in business. that yard ive gone to for over 30 years .was one of the few that held the cars for a very long time ,lots of mopars .the yard was newer stuff by the office and project too the far right when entrying yard. and way down to the left were parts cars back to the 30es and 40es. like once a summer they wood have a all you can carry sale $25 bucks. till few years ago ,new oregon rules and laws. they had afew sales and crushed bout 200 old cars and pickups and 8 dodge panels 55 -65.
  that yard use too have afew good old ,semi retired guy working the phones in a separite office to sell rust free parts .  many of the mopars and chevys in the part car yard wood get the back rails trunk and quarts cut out an shipped east. before new replacement panels the yard helped save a lot of rust belt and east coast rides. it wasnt just paintball as that was not the safest place to do it,but apart of car history and past,i guess?dj :Twocents:

ACUDANUT

I still think they should make a show like "American Restoration ".  From beginning to end on a car.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 23, 2013, 10:10:49 AM
I still think they should make a show like "American Restoration ".  From beginning to end on a car.
Better yet, give us access to the new security cameras. We could help watch the shop and watch the progress on the cars ourself.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

projectanimal

Curious what the whole story is with Josh.....
I like how the cameraman found the cowl while the guys gave up and went to break room!! LOL.

Nice to see so many cars all at work at the same time.  Look forward to more on the Daytona!!!!
northwest CT

hemi68charger

I personally enjoy the show. I have my children involved as well (when they're not in bed since it's on a school night) It is nice to see all those Mopars being brought to life again. There's no way Mark could focus only on one car from start to finish in one episode, the process takes too long. It is nice seeing as it is in real life, a process of hurry up and wait. Even in a professional business, things come up that put things on hold (hence its nice to have multiple projects - wonder what the scoop is on the apparently F6 A12 Superbee I see). It's a show, but I know 1st hand he's a big fan of Mopar and always willing to learn. I have spoken to him about Tom's Daytona and forwarded references I have found over the years to help him. He's very open-minded....

I hope season III is sold ( can't remember if he's approached Velocity yet on it ) and he has continued success. I take the banter with a grain of salt and chalk it up to entertainment. Hopefully Josh will be able to find something in his work life that will make him happy ( it is tough being a responsible Dad and husband ).......  It's cool Mark was able to start something with his best friend Royal. Best friends are priceless...

:2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Ok mark needs to buy this  , it would be a great compliment or replacement to the caddy

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/3637884723.html

nvrbdn

now that is awesome. i love it. what a sweet machine. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

69 OUR/TEA

O.K,the show was tues night,very funny episode,Mark complaining about Derrin being a downer on stuff,going off on guys about the wavy Cuda that they have to fix,Derrin kept asking for Dramamine for the wavy Cuda with Mark getting aggravated,the bee stinging Derrin and still in his pants  :lol:,but best of all,did anyone NOT pick up on what Mark said to that........"I hope you go into Prophylactic shock !!"  :smilielol: Ya think he really meant Anaphylactic ?????  :smilielol: 

projectanimal

Quote from: moparstuart on February 28, 2013, 10:06:07 AM
Ok mark needs to buy this  , it would be a great compliment or replacement to the caddy

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/3637884723.html

And it has a tow hitch, so it's ready to haul more cars!!!  :smilielol: LOL.   Very cool find!!  :2thumbs:
northwest CT

bakerhillpins

All

Dish Network is free previewing Velocity this month so if you don't have the channel you can see a bunch of the episodes now.  :2thumbs:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,99559.0.html

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.