News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Carz

Started by GYC Undertaker, December 10, 2012, 01:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

the wife says, why is he letting those two guys drive the cuda around? wouldnt the owners be upset when they see their car cruising around?    well, we laughed our buts off when we seen it was on the back of the truck. :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TUFCAT

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 07, 2013, 07:33:10 PM
The last episode had about 3 minutes worth of worthwhile content.  ::)

Thank goodness for the fast forward button.

How about 3 minutes of time driving to Quizno's to pick up a lunch order?  That was a complete waste of everyones time!  :fu: :image_294343:

JB400

Would you be complaining as much if they went to Hooters instead?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 08, 2013, 03:30:41 PM

That wouldnt be a waste of time.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 08, 2013, 03:19:09 PM

How about 3 minutes of time driving to Quizno's to pick up a lunch order?  That was a complete waste of everyones time!  :fu: :image_294343:

No kidding. I wonder how much advertising dollars they got from them, and from everyone else they constantly mention?       ::)

moparstuart

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 08, 2013, 02:57:04 PM
the wife says, why is he letting those two guys drive the cuda around? wouldnt the owners be upset when they see their car cruising around?    well, we laughed our buts off when we seen it was on the back of the truck. :smilielol:
i know right that was exactly what i was thinking that they were joy riding and wait till mark catches them .
  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: moparstuart on March 08, 2013, 03:41:54 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on March 08, 2013, 02:57:04 PM
i know right that was exactly what i was thinking that they were joy riding and wait till mark catches them .
  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

Anybody else notice how low Mark was sitting in the driver's seat of the Cuda?  I know he's not Shaq or anything but it looked unnatural, like there was no seat bracket underneath the seat or something.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Chris G.

It's a show getting better in my world of TV, which is worthy of getting DVR'd. There's a bunch of fake and rehearsed scenes, but it beats a bunch or garbage on TV now.

:2thumbs:

projectanimal

Pretty good show last night!  :cheers: Cool info on the superbirds and putting front end together on the Cuda!

"Long turd" is a great nickname!!  LOL.  :smilielol: 
northwest CT

nvrbdn

i did like the run down of the 2 bird story. reading it on here, and then seeing it on tv was cool. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Mopar Nut

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 13, 2013, 07:13:57 PM
i did like the run down of the 2 bird story. reading it on here, and then seeing it on tv was cool. :2thumbs:
:iagree:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

hemi68charger

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 13, 2013, 07:13:57 PM
Yeap, it was nice seeing Mike and Mike Jr. I haven't seen them since we got to know each other during the '04 Talladega AeroWarriors Meet. I bet both Mikes had a blast....

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

RJS

They should have a SPECIAL Show with Mark taking all the incorrectly plated/painted front ends apart and redoing them!!!

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: RJS on March 14, 2013, 12:24:02 PM
They should have a SPECIAL Show with Mark taking all the incorrectly plated/painted front ends apart and redoing them!!!

I caught that to !!!

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on March 14, 2013, 12:33:48 PM
Quote from: RJS on March 14, 2013, 12:24:02 PM

I caught that to !!!

I believe he's corrected these inaccuracies. I spoke to him a few weeks ago about Tom's Daytona and lower control arms in general ( saw the ones he did for the Phantom 'Cuda ). He was very receptive to input. These episodes we're seeing now were filmed last year..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Budnicks

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 08, 2013, 03:30:41 PM
:2thumbs: no
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 08, 2013, 03:36:54 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on March 08, 2013, 03:19:09 PM

No kidding. I wonder how much advertising dollars they got from them, and from everyone else they constantly mention?       ::)
:2thumbs: it's a constant ongoing commercial  :brickwall:, just more free/discounted stuff & extra cash for Mark

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: projectanimal on March 13, 2013, 07:08:16 PM
Pretty good show last night!  :cheers: Cool info on the superbirds and putting front end together on the Cuda!

Seriously???? They must have had a different episode on my tv because what I learned was that it takes 3 guys to assemble a K-frame and when you get down to it, barely anything was actually shown of the assembly. Worthwhile content: 45 seconds. Fluff: 5 minutes. Yes, the 4 minutes of the Superbird story(near the end) was very good, but other than that, there was nothing but fluff and nonsene in between.  I kept waiting to see something of real substance, but once again, the show didn't fail to let me down. Oh wait, Mark did manage to mention a new brand name; Outback steak house. I wonder how many free meals that got him.  ::)

rooks

As mentioned I like this how. I understand the need for "drama" to capture the casual TV audience, but the last episode was the most complete waste of potential awesome in the history of ever.

They had this great story about how a dude growing up heard an urban myth about a Plymouth Superbird sitting on some dude's property in his neighbourhood. Some guy that would apparently shoot you if you went near his house. This dude, building a clone Superbird with some original parts, decides to knock on his door and ask for some help/information - they start to talk and discovers he has 2 (yes, TWO) Superbird's sitting side by side on the same property (and a bunch of other cars). He decides to sell both because the buyer promises one will be for himself, and the other for his son. All this magnificent history, and GYC even have one of these Superbird's sitting in front of them in their workshop, untouched for however many years, waiting for an expert to give the world a history lesson - and these <expletive deleted word starting with a C> spend 95% of the episode carrying on with some stupid crap about a <expletive> birthday party.

Shame. Shame. Shame.

I know it's TV. I know I'm not supposed to get invested with fiction, but I've never been more disappointed in a TV show. The episode finished with the story that it should have started with.

bill440rt

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 16, 2013, 05:33:48 AM

Seriously???? They must have had a different episode on my tv because what I learned was that it takes 3 guys to assemble a K-frame and when you get down to it, barely anything was actually shown of the assembly. Worthwhile content: 45 seconds. Fluff: 5 minutes. Yes, the 4 minutes of the Superbird story(near the end) was very good, but other than that, there was nothing but fluff and nonsene in between.  I kept waiting to see something of real substance, but once again, the show didn't fail to let me down. Oh wait, Mark did manage to mention a new brand name; Outback steak house. I wonder how many free meals that got him.  ::)

Turban, you beat me to it. I was thinking nearly the same thing. The only time I was just about "glued" to the TV was watching the history of the 'Birds. Which, ironically, isn't THAT what the show is supposed to be about in the first place??
I kept wondering why it takes 4 people to assemble a front suspension, 4 people to disassemble a rear end, or 2 people to read a VIN (which could be done with one and a digital camera...)?  ::)
I'd much like to see more work & less banter, that's just me. But, it IS the only show that is nothing but Mopars, so I continue to watch it and inflict self-abuse.  :D
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: bill440rt on March 16, 2013, 07:10:04 AM
I'd much like to see more work & less banter, that's just me. But, it IS the only show that is nothing but Mopars, so I continue to watch it and inflict self-abuse.  :D

Same here.

On a related note, what was all that bs about properly indexing the pitman arm? Every pitman arm I ever installed could only go on one way.  ::)

Nwcharger

Long turd, that's funny.  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
1969 coronet wagon

RJS

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 16, 2013, 07:47:37 AM
Quote from: bill440rt on March 16, 2013, 07:10:04 AM
I'd much like to see more work & less banter, that's just me. But, it IS the only show that is nothing but Mopars, so I continue to watch it and inflict self-abuse.  :D

Same here.

On a related note, what was all that bs about properly indexing the pitman arm? Every pitman arm I ever installed could only go on one way.  ::)

Thank you!!!  That's what that mark in the spline is for.

Budnicks

Quote from: rooks on March 16, 2013, 06:16:15 AM
As mentioned I like this how. I understand the need for "drama" to capture the casual TV audience, but the last episode was the most complete waste of potential awesome in the history of ever.

They had this great story about how a dude growing up heard an urban myth about a Plymouth Superbird sitting on some dude's property in his neighbourhood. Some guy that would apparently shoot you if you went near his house. This dude, building a clone Superbird with some original parts, decides to knock on his door and ask for some help/information - they start to talk and discovers he has 2 (yes, TWO) Superbird's sitting side by side on the same property (and a bunch of other cars). He decides to sell both because the buyer promises one will be for himself, and the other for his son. All this magnificent history, and GYC even have one of these Superbird's sitting in front of them in their workshop, untouched for however many years, waiting for an expert to give the world a history lesson - and these <expletive deleted word starting with a C> spend 95% of the episode carrying on with some stupid crap about a <expletive> birthday party.

Shame. Shame. Shame.

I know it's TV. I know I'm not supposed to get invested with fiction, but I've never been more disappointed in a TV show. The episode finished with the story that it should have started with.
:2thumbs: I still watch, hoping some how, some way it will be better... 95% crap 5% decent most all the time, but I am getting use to the players now, maybe that will help to hold my attention a little better.. they missed a great opportunity to elaborate a ton more on the Superbirds & the Daytona, they have for latter in the series... I guess both cars are owned by members on here...

Budnicks

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 16, 2013, 05:33:48 AM

:brickwall: yep you got it, exactly what I saw too...  :shruggy:  I also wonder what product will be pushed for freebies next week...  :Twocents: