News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Carz

Started by GYC Undertaker, December 10, 2012, 01:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi*guy

Very simple......Don't watch it!

Budnicks

Quote from: hemi*guy on May 24, 2013, 01:41:53 PM

It's like a damn train wreck, you can't stop yourself from watching...LOL... DVR is a great thing, fast forward thru all the BS... If not for the cool Mopar's & a couple members cars being on the show, I'm sure most/many people here, wouldn't even bother... It's that brand loyalty thing, that keeps people looken' at the damn train wreck, over & over again...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Steve P.

Agreed... Love the cars.. Want to here them talk about rare and how they find things to prove it's a rare car. Want to watch a real restoration take place and see why it is so expensive to have done...

It's not as simple as DON'T WATCH IT!!  I don't watch air, but I can't live without it!!!!! lol..

Really I am only putting my .02 in  with the hopes that these shows will take notice and show us what we really want to see....

Two guys under a tree was very informative until they started doing the same projects over and over.. The short guy on that show was a wizard with electrical. (Or at least it looked that way on the show)!! But he taught how to trace problems down.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Steve P. on May 24, 2013, 02:35:18 PM
Agreed... Love the cars.. Want to here them talk about rare and how they find things to prove it's a rare car. Want to watch a real restoration take place and see why it is so expensive to have done...

It's not as simple as DON'T WATCH IT!!  I don't watch air, but I can't live without it!!!!! lol..

Really I am only putting my .02 in  with the hopes that these shows will take notice and show us what we really want to see....

Two guys under a tree was very informative until they started doing the same projects over and over.. The short guy on that show was a wizard with electrical. (Or at least it looked that way on the show)!! But he taught how to trace problems down.

Excacly. And the worst part is that they had it planned out to be a more hands on show,but the netwerks wouldnt have it with out drama. THey say people wot watch without drama. Hello! We are the ones watcj=hing and could all live without that crud. It just shows that they are out of touch with what we want.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

hemi*guy

I think we should just enjoy it for what it is, a car show with a bunch of cool mopars on it. I'm sure Mark is doing what he needs to do to keep the show on the air, there are alot of women that watch the show and they might enjoy the drama part. Personally I like the show and love the cars. :Twocents:

bill440rt

Quote from: hemi*guy on May 24, 2013, 02:54:49 PM

I think we should just enjoy it for what it is, a car show with a bunch of cool mopars on it. I'm sure Mark is doing what he needs to do to keep the show on the air, there are alot of women that watch the show and they might enjoy the drama part. Personally I like the show and love the cars. :Twocents:

But there are others that think differently & are merely expressing their opinion on it.

I think the show has massive potential. There is a fine line between a few jokes here & there and overdone drama.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

TUFCAT

Quote from: bill440rt on May 24, 2013, 03:32:56 PM

There is a fine line between a few jokes here & there and overdone drama. :Twocents:

:bow:

Steve P.

I'm sure Mark is doing his best to keep it alive also, but it may be at the expense of his business!!

Like I said, we all bust chops, but chasing people out and slamming doors. Father and son hating each other. FOR WHAT??? How many tattoos did Paul Sr. get throughout the show?? How many times did he get pissed and show his ignorance. How about the idiot DWAYNE on Coddington? What a buffoon!!! But they went to the shop down the street and the meddle workers there had PURE TALENT!!! Or the GAS MONKEY dork? He suppppossssssedly spent $4500.00 on a 85' Charger because he had a few beers!!!!!!!!! I don't give a shit who you are. NO ONE that does that stuff for a living pays more for a car than they can get after they are all done dumping a ton into it!!!!!

I love cars. I want to see the cars.. I don't want to be treated like I am a moron for watching shows that are supposed to be about cars.....

Give me a show I can learn something watching..

I hope now that Mark has a few seasons under his belt they will allow him to actually show how some things are properly done. Like reinstalling windows and adjusting them the right way.. That is something I have paid someone else to do.. Installing a vinyl top. Hell, taking off brightwork without destroying it!!!!!!  I would be glued to the TV......
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

C_stripes

Quote from: Steve P. on May 24, 2013, 04:50:13 PM

I hope now that Mark has a few seasons under his belt they will allow him to actually show how some things are properly done. Like reinstalling windows and adjusting them the right way.. That is something I have paid someone else to do.. Installing a vinyl top. Hell, taking off brightwork without destroying it!!!!!!  I would be glued to the TV......

He already does it how he wants to, he owns the show and produces the show. He sells the show to Velocity though. Its done how he wants it...
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: hemi*guy on May 24, 2013, 01:41:53 PM

Okay with me.

Steve P.

Same here, but it's a damn shame.. It surely will not bring more people into the hobby.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

moparstuart

It has a huge following and huge fan base  , you guys are the ones losing out , people are great and so positive on the velosity page and the graveyard carz pages
  also on marks person pages . You guys here are the negative downers .   I get the humor and love the show and so do alot of other people out there . You guys just seem to think that
mark is a serious guy and you take it the wrong way .  Dont take him serious at all and you will laugh the whole time watching the show .   The cars are fantastic and he has lined up alot more great ones to come .   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Steve P.

Sorry Stu. It's just not for me.. You know how much I love cars. Especially old mopar muscle cars. I also love humor and often go to SNAPPERS COMEDY CLUB in Tarpon Springs, but I don't go to the hospital expecting a circus.

Maybe it's just me, but I was hoping for a real professional restoration shop with tips and tricks and knowledge.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Budnicks

Quote from: Steve P. on May 25, 2013, 02:21:12 PM
Sorry Stu.  but I don't go to the hospital expecting a circus.

Maybe it's just me, but I was hoping for a real professional restoration shop with tips and tricks and knowledge.
Bingo... I still have DVRed/watched most, if not all of the episodes too, I would like to see it be a much better show, I know I only watch because it's the only show about Mopars & I'm not one of his butt kissers, I don't know the guy, I don't do business with him, I don't think I ever will either from what I've seen, he's not my buddy, I don't "Like him" on Facebook or any other social media, he doesn't even rarely share any of his knowledge here or any other Mopar sites that I'm on... I don't have a car in his shop either, I know we have a couple guys that do, I like to see the progress on their rides... But there's way too many of the posters on the other sites, like Facebook & Velocity, that kiss his butt & like all the, fake drama crap, some also have something at stake too, I don't get the rest {IMHFO it's the Jersey Shore of Car Shows}... I would say allot of them aren't real Mopar &/or car guys, some are I'm sure, I guess you need to appeal to all types, even latchers on, wantabees & the butt kissers too... But some people think all the contrived BS & denigration of his help, degrading his son in law & other employees is funny or hilarious, I don't... Also all the fake sponsor plug crap constantly, usually not Mopar or even car related either... I don't think it's funny, a little of the shop banter is funny, they're car guys that crap happens... But I personally think it hurts the show too, if it's too much, it won't last if you can't keep a real viewer base, the car guys/gals... I know it's just a lame TV show, I shouldn't expect much or gripe/complain/bitch as much as I do... But I also think for the most part, it can & should be a much better, a much more informative show & a bunch more about the cars, more even the employees, not all the "I'm the All Knowing Mopar God" crap & all the bad acting, tough guy, lame jokes from Mark... I have a good sense of humor & get most all the jokes, enjoy a good laugh most all the time, but enough is enough, people don't tune into a car restoration type show, to see a majority of that crap, but they aren't really all the damn funny, they aren't really showing any real restoration tips.... I only hope it will get much better, I am a diehard Mopar guy & if it doesn't improve, I know myself & many, many others, that won't continue to watch, then it will just go away, go by by, be back to just an internet program, like it use to be & there will be no more Mopar Only show on TV yet again, it really too bad it had such promise, I can & will "hope it gets much better, with far less BS next season"....  :Twocents:

Mytur Binsdirti

Budnicks

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

hemi*guy

There are a lot of people wasting a lot of time worrying about what Graveyard Carz is doing. It's just a show and as much as I like my Charger , it's just a car! Relax!!

Budnicks

Quote from: hemi*guy on May 25, 2013, 04:42:14 PM

There are a lot of people wasting a lot of time worrying about what Graveyard Carz is doing. It's just a show and as much as I like my Charger , it's just a car! Relax!!
I am relaxed... That's why we are on here, it's to talk to fellow hobbyists, enthusiasts, Mopars/car shows/TV car shows, races etc., voice our opinions, talk/discus these type of things, isn't it...  :Twocents:

hemi*guy

Talking and trashing are two different things!

Mytur Binsdirti

Telling it like it is isn't trash talk.  ;)

Budnicks

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 25, 2013, 05:15:45 PM
Telling it like it is isn't trash talk.  ;)
Bingo, Bingo Bingo, Bingo & another bingo, just because some don't or won't agree doesn't make it or it isn't trash talking  :Twocents:

C_stripes

Quote from: GYC Undertaker on July 01, 2012, 05:15:30 PM

I honestly do appreciate all of your comments and show them to the rest of the team. As long as I know the comments, opinions and two cents worth are from your Mopar hearts, I'll always listen.
~ Mark Worman

Quote from: GYC Undertaker on February 05, 2013, 01:23:37 PM
Hi guys, Mark here. Just trying to make an effort to keep in touch once and a while. I did post in the car guys that it's just been crazy busy with the phone calls and starting to film Season III.  Your suggestions/comments don't fall on deaf ears. I think you can see that since I think most will agree that Season II is better than Season I. I watch myself and what we do over and over again to make improvements.  We are working on some really cool things for Season III.  Hopefully the stars will align and we can make things happen.  Thanks for your support and constructive criticism it is taken to heart.  With your help we can make this the best show about the best cars!! Hopefully these pics of Toms Daytona come through.  I'm still learning!

Mark

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 25, 2013, 05:15:45 PM
Telling it like it is isn't trash talk.  ;)

He likes are comments, they are taken to heart and don't fall on deaf ears...

lol
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

hemi*guy

All you guys that are knocking or " telling it like it is" please let me know  what time and channel your show is on so I can watch you, and you can show us how it's done!

Until then it's trashing in my book!