News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Graveyard Carz

Started by GYC Undertaker, December 10, 2012, 01:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAY CLONA

Quote from: moparnation74 on March 13, 2017, 07:56:26 AM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 12, 2017, 09:23:51 PM
Quote from: triple_green on March 12, 2017, 10:44:45 AM
They are going to find out it is a lot harder to buy cars and fix them and make a profit, than just billing a customer for their work.......

But who knows, maybe like on Counting Cars, people will pay twice the market value of the car just to get on TV  :)

Ohhh and they will pay in triplicate to have the bragging rights that their new acquisition was built by GYC....That's not something I would want done, nor admit too owning a GYC's perfumed pig resto, but some people live blindly for the "attention" that would bring them as they stand blindly and proudly along side their abortion of a restoration
Exactly!!!  All because they got a cheap "All In'" restoration price...Hence, all the mistakes and junk repop parts.....Funny, some of those abortion owners say, "Well wheres your Hemi car" or "They are restored to OE."  It is funny when push came to shove those that stated this would not have the balls to place them in an OE judged event at Carlisle or the Nats.....

Some of the prices some owners are paying to have GYC butter over their ride, isn't exactly chump change, for the amount of mistakes made on these restos, shows you that the "semi-professional" level they "display" is sometimes quite amateur, in this day and age of info, there's no need for the mistakes made, as far as the actual work quality, that borders on 2nd (at best) to 3rd rate bodyshop work, I have no issues with the use of repro parts, as long as they fit and look like original

Most restoration/fabrication shops or individuals nowadays have to have had built one or more true "show stoppers" to actually obtain a standing in their class they purport they rule, GYC is more concerned with smoke and mirrors for the viewing public rather than unveiling a level of restoration/fabrication never seen or achieved, so you'll never see a GYC resto/fabrication take OEM Gold/Bronze/Silver, or a Riddler award, or anything else

moparnation74

Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 13, 2017, 10:21:53 AM
They are going to find out it is a lot harder to buy cars and fix them and make a profit, than just billing a customer for their work.......

But who knows, maybe like on Counting Cars, people will pay twice the market value of the car just to get on TV  :)

Ohhh and they will pay in triplicate to have the bragging rights that their new acquisition was built by GYC....That's not something I would want done, nor admit too owning a GYC's perfumed pig resto, but some people live blindly for the "attention" that would bring them as they stand blindly and proudly along side their abortion of a restoration
Exactly!!!  All because they got a cheap "All In'" restoration price...Hence, all the mistakes and junk repop parts.....Funny, some of those abortion owners say, "Well wheres your Hemi car" or "They are restored to OE."  It is funny when push came to shove those that stated this would not have the balls to place them in an OE judged event at Carlisle or the Nats.....

Some of the prices some owners are paying to have GYC butter over their ride, isn't exactly chump change, for the amount of mistakes made on these restos, shows you that the "semi-professional" level they "display" is sometimes quite amateur, in this day and age of info, there's no need for the mistakes made, as far as the actual work quality, that borders on 2nd (at best) to 3rd rate bodyshop work, I have no issues with the use of repro parts, as long as they fit and look like original

Most restoration/fabrication shops or individuals nowadays have to have had built one or more true "show stoppers" to actually obtain a standing in their class they purport they rule, GYC is more concerned with smoke and mirrors for the viewing public rather than unveiling a level of restoration/fabrication never seen or achieved, so you'll never see a GYC resto/fabrication take OEM Gold/Bronze/Silver, or a Riddler award, or anything else
I am not disagreeing with you and they are all key points.  My reference to a cheap "all in" price is cheap in comparison to restorations of similar scope.  In other words not the guy doing it in his garage but someone farming everything out to do a little himself or have another shop do it all.  That persons price is probably more than GYC all in total....I am not speaking on a whim I am very familiar with what the actual costs are...Of course it does not even come close to the cost of a true Gold OE type restoration....

As you said, it is all smoke and mirrors......and the lay public buys into that BS! 

2592 creston

But who knows, maybe like on Counting Cars, people will pay twice the market value of the car just to get on TV  :)

Exactly!!!  All because they got a cheap "All In'" restoration price...Hence, all the mistakes and junk repop parts.....Funny, some of those abortion owners say, "Well wheres your Hemi car" or "They are restored to OE."  It is funny when push came to shove those that stated this would not have the balls to place them in an OE judged event at Carlisle or the Nats.....

Maybe some people don't feel the need to have their car judged or have every hose clamp NOS and costing $$$. In my case my dad was the second owner of my car and I had great memories with him and the car. I promised him I would have it restored and when he passed away I did just that! In my opinion the car is done the way I wanted it safe ,reliable and it looks pretty good. Did it cost less than an OE restoration ,of course it did but some people put all that money into a car so they can win an award and  be upside down if they ever wanted to sell it. Not that I would ever sell my car but if I did it would be worth twice what I have in it. GYC may not to be to everyone's liking ( hell I fought with Mark everyday) but they perform a service that some of us like, they put our cars back on the road for a reasonable cost so we enjoy can them and drive the hell out of them (which i do)! Just for the record i was asked to come on the show for the reveal but I declined,i just wanted my car done and back home. And by the way a GYC "perfumed pig" restored Challenger sold at auction for 120,000.00 , a lot higher than a 70 six pak challenger would normally sell for and probably a lot more than certain cars on this forum would bring.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 2592 creston on March 14, 2017, 05:13:08 AM

But who knows, maybe like on Counting Cars, people will pay twice the market value of the car just to get on TV  :)

Exactly!!!  All because they got a cheap "All In'" restoration price...Hence, all the mistakes and junk repop parts.....Funny, some of those abortion owners say, "Well wheres your Hemi car" or "They are restored to OE."  It is funny when push came to shove those that stated this would not have the balls to place them in an OE judged event at Carlisle or the Nats.....

Maybe some people don't feel the need to have their car judged or have every hose clamp NOS and costing $$$. In my case my dad was the second owner of my car and I had great memories with him and the car. I promised him I would have it restored and when he passed away I did just that! In my opinion the car is done the way I wanted it safe ,reliable and it looks pretty good. Did it cost less than an OE restoration ,of course it did but some people put all that money into a car so they can win an award and  be upside down if they ever wanted to sell it. Not that I would ever sell my car but if I did it would be worth twice what I have in it. GYC may not to be to everyone's liking ( hell I fought with Mark everyday) but they perform a service that some of us like, they put our cars back on the road for a reasonable cost so we enjoy can them and drive the hell out of them (which i do)! Just for the record i was asked to come on the show for the reveal but I declined,i just wanted my car done and back home. And by the way a GYC "perfumed pig" restored Challenger sold at auction for 120,000.00 , a lot higher than a 70 six pak challenger would normally sell for and probably a lot more than certain cars on this forum would bring.

Perhaps you missed the point, GYC likes to boast "There's only a few that can do this" and that they only do "OE restorations", basically best of the best, if that's the case, then you build a car or cars, like any other shop does that wants to show the masses they have indeed reached that plateau that only a select few can achieve, sure the Gold OE certificates are for owners who never layed a finger on the car to boast "see what I have!", but the Gold OE achievement for the restorer is a validation of achievement that shows his peers and the automotive enthusiast his/her level of skill that has been obtained...

As far as your mention of a GYC auction sell, again you may have missed what I and others posted about that?....

I'll give GYC credit, I'd love to do what they do for a "living", TV coverage or not, but there would be no "smoke and mirrors" pulled over the hobbyist's eyes, or 2nd or 3rd rate work performed...

So basically IMHO, if GYC's is going to do the "talk", they have to show they can do the "walk"

2592 creston

Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 14, 2017, 10:55:46 AM

Perhaps you missed the point, GYC likes to boast "There's only a few that can do this" and that they only do "OE restorations", basically best of the best, if that's the case, then you build a car or cars, like any other shop does that wants to show the masses they have indeed reached that plateau that only a select few can achieve, sure the Gold OE certificates are for owners who never layed a finger on the car to boast "see what I have!", but the Gold OE achievement for the restorer is a validation of achievement that shows his peers and the automotive enthusiast his/her level of skill that has been obtained...

As far as your mention of a GYC auction sell, again you may have missed what I and others posted about that?....

I'll give GYC credit, I'd love to do what they do for a "living", TV coverage or not, but there would be no "smoke and mirrors" pulled over the hobbyist's eyes, or 2nd or 3rd rate work performed...

So basically IMHO, if GYC's is going to do the "talk", they have to show they can do the "walk"

I agree with you 100% .. GYC does what they do to make money, I got what I needed out of them and I am satisfied with my car. If you ever got to see it in person I'm sure you wouldn't say it was a perfumed pig. My car does have a lot of sentimental value to me and I don't appreciate people putting it down without actually seeing it in person. I don't trash anyones ride and if I don't care for it I don't comment on it!

moparnation74

That is what all of us have been saying all along.....It is the talk, the mouth of someone not producing what he is portraying to the public.

Creston, Hemi Guy has a nicely restored charger....I do not think anyone here would disagree....Sure a #2 or #3 car but that is what you wanted as it seems...However, when you constantly chime in on a topic in relation to what me and Dayclona are referring to than you are off base here.  When the show personality makes references as Dayclona mentioned and mind you have been discussed previously.  Then the door gets open to the people who could give a rats azz to value/for sale BS and they own/restore these #1 examples to stand behind their cars and the Actual OE restorations....Just like you did for yours.....

Kern Dog

I guess they are returning for season 7 in a couple weeks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tj0B8Q32qk

2592 creston

Quote from: moparnation74 on March 14, 2017, 02:01:05 PM

That is what all of us have been saying all along.....It is the talk, the mouth of someone not producing what he is portraying to the public.

Creston, Hemi Guy has a nicely restored charger....I do not think anyone here would disagree....Sure a #2 or #3 car but that is what you wanted as it seems...However, when you constantly chime in on a topic in relation to what me and Dayclona are referring to than you are off base here.  When the show personality makes references as Dayclona mentioned and mind you have been discussed previously.  Then the door gets open to the people who could give a rats azz to value/for sale BS and they own/restore these #1 examples to stand behind their cars and the Actual OE restorations....Just like you did for yours.....

You should be very proud if you did indeed restore your car to a #1 example, it's not easy or cheap to do. The only reason I chimed in this time is that I noticed your post was kinda pointed at me. I don't really care what issues you have with GYC ,my car is home and I don't have to deal with them anymore. And yes I got  the restoration I wanted, safe reliable and not bad to look at. I never had intentions of trying to win any of the awards that seem to be important to people that want that kind of thing. It was meant to be enjoyed and driven as much as possible. On the other hand not everyone cares that a car is a #1 example, I wonder if people had a choice between a #2 or #3 Numbers matching Hemi,4 Speed Charger or let's say a #1 440 Charger which would they pick? I am glad you guys are so passionate about what you do and best of luck in the future.

cdr

Quote from: 2592 creston on March 15, 2017, 07:28:08 AM

You should be very proud if you did indeed restore your car to a #1 example, it's not easy or cheap to do. The only reason I chimed in this time is that I noticed your post was kinda pointed at me. I don't really care what issues you have with GYC ,my car is home and I don't have to deal with them anymore. And yes I got  the restoration I wanted, safe reliable and not bad to look at. I never had intentions of trying to win any of the awards that seem to be important to people that want that kind of thing. It was meant to be enjoyed and driven as much as possible. On the other hand not everyone cares that a car is a #1 example, I wonder if people had a choice between a #2 or #3 Numbers matching Hemi,4 Speed Charger or let's say a #1 440 Charger which would they pick? I am glad you guys are so passionate about what you do and best of luck in the future.

You still missed the point creston, grave stone carz says they are the most awesome,only ones that can do a OEM resto!!!!  LOVE your Charger Creston.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

moparnation74

You should be very proud if you did indeed restore your car to a #1 example, it's not easy or cheap to do. The only reason I chimed in this time is that I noticed your post was kinda pointed at me. I don't really care what issues you have with GYC ,my car is home and I don't have to deal with them anymore. And yes I got  the restoration I wanted, safe reliable and not bad to look at. I never had intentions of trying to win any of the awards that seem to be important to people that want that kind of thing. It was meant to be enjoyed and driven as much as possible. On the other hand not everyone cares that a car is a #1 example, I wonder if people had a choice between a #2 or #3 Numbers matching Hemi,4 Speed Charger or let's say a #1 440 Charger which would they pick? I am glad you guys are so passionate about what you do and best of luck in the future.
Again, your ohh my gosh I got a hemi car.....Kudos to you!  I have had a few myself and the point is?....Ohh and two of those were #1 cars as well....Coronet and charger btw...

You like to throw in the award comment a lot as well.  I have not been to an OE event in over ten years....Your point is what?  I can care less about an award and value....How many times do I have to pound that into you.....I build all my cars the same period and tha just sot happens to be as close to TRUE OE status......That is what I like....I do not like someone whom makes false claims of doing those types of restorations and the fake supporters....

Interesting enough you talk about how people would chose your car over another that doesn't have a 426....Over on FBBO you reposted your pics recently and just how many people commented?  3 I think, wow. That is a big audience.....You may say,  "I do not care!"  but apparently you do or why else would you continue to post those pics of that #3 car in that thread you created......So stop with your BS......

Your car is nice and restored the way you want it......Was yours the only hemi car restored there?  Maybe I am referring to that other hemi owner.....But I am waiting for that one to stop with the BS and to get the point....

moparnation74

Quote from: cdr on March 15, 2017, 08:07:07 AM

You should be very proud if you did indeed restore your car to a #1 example, it's not easy or cheap to do. The only reason I chimed in this time is that I noticed your post was kinda pointed at me. I don't really care what issues you have with GYC ,my car is home and I don't have to deal with them anymore. And yes I got  the restoration I wanted, safe reliable and not bad to look at. I never had intentions of trying to win any of the awards that seem to be important to people that want that kind of thing. It was meant to be enjoyed and driven as much as possible. On the other hand not everyone cares that a car is a #1 example, I wonder if people had a choice between a #2 or #3 Numbers matching Hemi,4 Speed Charger or let's say a #1 440 Charger which would they pick? I am glad you guys are so passionate about what you do and best of luck in the future.

You still missed the point creston, grave stone carz says they are the most awesome,only ones that can do a OEM resto!!!!  LOVE your Charger Creston.
He always misses the point CDR.....

It is the same comments he poses....I have a hemi car, blah blah blah.....Those OE gold people and their awards....

Frankly, he basically has the mentality that any car that is not a 426 is an abomination compared to his no matter what restored status it is in......That is the clear difference of why I never considered him a Mopar guy but just someone whom got a car and got it restored on TV.....

Where has he ever offered in any of the forum's any help, advice, commentary on others cars?.....But he sure the hell has been in every GYC thread....

cooldude

Im a long time Mopar guy. Ive been fooling with, owning, and fixing up Mopars for more than 30 years, off and on.

But Im a little less than committed to the OEM fascination that has come into the Mopar scene since the 90s. I dont do it, and I dont worry about it. I still do my Mopars the old school way, restification.

Back in the day, our Mopars were "restified", which is a term we dont hear much about anymore.

We usually started by gutting the car, and chasing out the snakes and bees and rats, and so on, with a bug bomb or two.

Then we removed the factory steel wheels (Unless they were mags) and put on Cragars, or put a great big steel foot print thing where the gas pedal goes, and so on. Nobody cared about OEM. In fact, it was hardly ever done.

We just took an old car out of the junkyard, or a barn, or some other place where it was sitting and wasting away, and prices were cheap. 

Ive bought Roadrunners for 500 bucks and driven them home.  I once bought a cuda for 300 bucks and drove it home, and I thought I might have over paid!

And then we fixed it up,usually swapping the mills, slapping on some paint,maybe stripes, or whatever, some loud mufflers and a store brand static o matic radio, and down the road we went.

Cruising, a little racing maybe, going on dates,loafing around with our buddies,and of course, more junkyard visits. That was how we used our restified Mopars back in the day.

This obsession with OEM status is sort of a strange doctrine to me. I think it just came in when the prices of the cars went way up. But I liked it better how it was back in the day.  :rotz:

moparnation74

Quote from: cooldude on March 15, 2017, 09:12:23 AM
Im a long time Mopar guy. Ive been fooling with, owning, and fixing up Mopars for more than 30 years, off and on.

But Im a little less than committed to the OEM fascination that has come into the Mopar scene since the 90s. I dont do it, and I dont worry about it. I still do my Mopars the old school way, restification.

Back in the day, our Mopars were "restified", which is a term we dont hear much about anymore.

We usually started by gutting the car, and chasing out the snakes and bees and rats, and so on, with a bug bomb or two.

Then we removed the factory steel wheels (Unless they were mags) and put on Cragars, or put a great big steel foot print thing where the gas pedal goes, and so on. Nobody cared about OEM. In fact, it was hardly ever done.

We just took an old car out of the junkyard, or a barn, or some other place where it was sitting and wasting away, and prices were cheap. 

Ive bought Roadrunners for 500 bucks and driven them home.  I once bought a cuda for 300 bucks and drove it home, and I thought I might have over paid!

And then we fixed it up,usually swapping the mills, slapping on some paint,maybe stripes, or whatever, some loud mufflers and a store brand static o matic radio, and down the road we went.

Cruising, a little racing maybe, going on dates,loafing around with our buddies,and of course, more junkyard visits. That was how we used our restified Mopars back in the day.

This obsession with OEM status is sort of a strange doctrine to me. I think it just came in when the prices of the cars went way up. But I liked it better how it was back in the day.  :rotz:

Just like everything in life everyone has a different taste and opinion....Nothing wrong with that a bit......The point is do not be a Poser and claim you do  something but in reality you do not......

Your builds may be "a strange doctrine to me"as well but I would never bag on them nor never make false claims in relation to them.....I have always like all types of builds and I just have my personal preference.....

birdsandbees

GYC lost me when I watched the episode promoting their undercoating gun. "We do every car with this"....

Early into my restoration the shop I was using said " we like to paint the underside black".. I said like fuck, I didn't buy all that new metal to hide it in black or undercoat, otherwise I could have kept the patched / tarred and undercoated mess I had!
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

ECS

This obsession with OEM status is sort of a strange doctrine to me. I think it just came in when the prices of the cars went way up. But I liked it better how it was back in the day. 

My comment isn't directed at any one person, it is directed to everyone in the "restoration" Industry.  The word "restore" is constantly used incorrectly.  I've read where people say that they "restored" their car the way they wanted to "restore" it.  What they should say is that they "modified" or "altered" it to their liking.  Saying that you're restoring your car to OE standards is a redundancy in grammar.  The word "restore" means to bring back to original condition.  Anything that deviates from "original condition" is no longer a "restoration".  There's no such thing as something being "over restored".  That terminology is an oxymoron that has been used so many times that it is now an accepted contradiction to the definition of the word.  It's either "restored" or modified/altered.  There's no degree or in between.  It's like being a Virgin.  You either are or you're not.  Refurbishing is what most people are doing with their cars these days.  They're making them look nice and presentable but they are not actually "restoring" them in the true definition of the word.

TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

moparnation74

Quote from: ECS on March 15, 2017, 11:49:31 AM
This obsession with OEM status is sort of a strange doctrine to me. I think it just came in when the prices of the cars went way up. But I liked it better how it was back in the day. 

My comment isn't directed at any one person, it is directed to everyone in the "restoration" Industry.  The word "restore" is constantly used incorrectly.  I've read where people say that they "restored" their car the way they wanted to "restore" it.  What they should say is that they "modified" or "altered" it to their liking.  Saying that you're restoring your car to OE standards is a redundancy in grammar.  The word "restore" means to bring back to original condition.  Anything that deviates from "original condition" is no longer a "restoration".  There's no such thing as something being "over restored".  That terminology is an oxymoron that has been used so many times that it is now an accepted contradiction to the definition of the word.  It's either "restored" or modified/altered.  There's no degree or in between.  It's like being a Virgin.  You either are or you're not.  Refurbishing is what most people are doing with their cars these days.  They're making them look nice and presentable but they are not actually "restoring" them in the true definition of the word.

Dave......

I take it you don't like the term restore....Lol....As I agree with you on the term refurbish may be more correct but it sounds cheap......Just a different flare I guess and the industry including myself for using the word restore....

Similar to people using affect or effect.......

Really, when it comes down to it restored or refurbished, the finished product speaks for itself!

Kern Dog

Sounds like Rick Ehrenberg talking ....I agree though.
There just is no word that feels as satisfying to say as "Restore" when it comes to fixing up a  car.

ECS

Quote from: moparnation74 on March 15, 2017, 01:15:32 PM
Dave......

I take it you don't like the term restore....Lol....As I agree with you on the term refurbish may be more correct but it sounds cheap......

Hi Justin!  Thanks for the input.  We've had some great conversations and I always like hearing from you.  I actually like the word "restore" but its use has reached far beyond its intended meaning. I completely agree with your assessment of why the word "restore" has been hijacked to mean something it's not.  People don't like the word "modified" because it is typically used to identify cars that have blowers sticking out of the hood and/or giant slicks under the rear of a car.  The same holds true for the word "modified".  There's nothing wrong with being modified but in the Automotive World, its meaning represents a severe appearance alteration that most people do not want to identify with.  "Modify" is a relative term.  There are in fact, varying degrees of modification that can be used to represent the word. 

I've been asked if my cars represent a "restoration" and I have to answer, "NO".  The Valiant is probably the closest that I've come to a "restoration" but a few minor modifications/alterations keep me from accurately using the word to describe its transformation.  It's very, very, very hard to "restore" a car.  I would even go as far to say that there has never been an Automobile that can accurately use the word "restore" to describe the secondary work that was done to it.  In the truest sense of the word, just ONE modification/alteration to a vehicle will knock it out of the realm of being "restored".

moparnation74

Quote from: ECS on March 15, 2017, 01:35:09 PM
Quote from: moparnation74 on March 15, 2017, 01:15:32 PM
Dave......

I take it you don't like the term restore....Lol....As I agree with you on the term refurbish may be more correct but it sounds cheap......

Hi Justin!  Thanks for the input.  We've had some great conversations and I always like hearing from you.  I actually like the word "restore" but its use has reached far beyond its intended meaning. I completely agree with your assessment of why the word "restore" has been hijacked to mean something it's not.  People don't like the word "modified" because it is typically used to identify cars that have blowers sticking out of the hood and/or giant slicks under the rear of a car.  The same holds true for the word "modified".  There's nothing wrong with being modified but in the Automotive World, its meaning represents a severe appearance alteration that most people do not want to identify with.  "Modify" is a relative term.  There are in fact, varying degrees of modification that can be used to represent the word. 

I've been asked if my cars represent a "restoration" and I have to answer, "NO".  The Valiant is probably the closest that I've come to a "restoration" but a few minor modifications/alterations keep me from accurately using the word to describe its transformation.  It's very, very, very hard to "restore" a car.  I would even go as far to say that there has never been an Automobile that can accurately use the word "restore" to describe the secondary work that was done to it.  In the truest sense of the word, just ONE modification/alteration to a vehicle will knock it out of the realm of being "restored".

Perfectly stated......I completely agree......

Likewise, Dave.....It was an absolute pleasure to get to know the person behind the name!  We need to chat more often....

ECS

Quote from: moparnation74 on March 15, 2017, 01:44:52 PM
We need to chat more often....

I'm looking forward to it Justin.  I'm in Arizona for a while but I'll give you a call when I get back.  Until then, take care, be safe and have a great week! :2thumbs:

moparnation74

Quote from: ECS on March 15, 2017, 01:52:24 PM
Quote from: moparnation74 on March 15, 2017, 01:44:52 PM
We need to chat more often....

I'm looking forward to it Justin.  I'm in Arizona for a while but I'll give you a call when I get back.  Until then, take care, be safe and have a great week! :2thumbs:
Sounds great Dave and be safe in your travels! 

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 15, 2017, 03:07:42 AM
I guess they are returning for season 7 in a couple weeks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tj0B8Q32qk
A little late, see Reply #1145   :icon_smile_big:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Kern Dog

I have no excuse...I don't drink or use any drugs.   :eek2:

cooldude

Quote from: moparnation74 on March 15, 2017, 09:24:24 AM

Just like everything in life everyone has a different taste and opinion....Nothing wrong with that a bit......The point is do not be a Poser and claim you do  something but in reality you do not......

Your builds may be "a strange doctrine to me"as well but I would never bag on them nor never make false claims in relation to them.....I have always like all types of builds and I just have my personal preference.....

Why do you say that I am a poser, or make false claims?

I never said that I ever did an OEM restoration, and I never did. I just fixed them up the way I like them.

moparnation74

Quote from: cooldude on March 15, 2017, 09:33:34 PM
Quote from: moparnation74 on March 15, 2017, 09:24:24 AM

Ive bought Roadrunners for 500 bucks and driven them home.  I once bought a cuda for 300 bucks and drove it home, and I thought I might have over paid!

This obsession with OEM status is sort of a strange doctrine to me. I think it just came in when the prices of the cars went way up. But I liked it better how it was back in the day.  :rotz:

Just like everything in life everyone has a different taste and opinion....Nothing wrong with that a bit......The point is do not be a Poser and claim you do  something but in reality you do not......

Why do you say that I am a poser, or make false claims?

I never said that I ever did an OEM restoration, and I never did. I just fixed them up the way I like them.
Cool dude the portion of that post with "Poser" was not intended nor directed to you...That was directed to a particular person saying we build OE type restorations....it was just included....

As far as the "false claims" that is my personal opinion of certain elements of your post...take it or leave it... :2thumbs: