News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pair of daytona's

Started by chargerman69, December 13, 2012, 02:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman69

Here are the two Daytonas that once rested alongside the bronze Hemi Charger 500 in the KC area. Both were rescued in the early 80's. The B5 blue car has been restored. These cars were not salvage vehicles. They were part of a group of cars being lot stored
The person who bought the two Daytonas only really wanted the red one and was not crazy about the blue car. But he had to buy both Daytonas to do the deal. I don't think he regrets it today. At the time, he did not realize the blue on blue combination was more rare. both are column shift cars

moparstuart

yup the cars are well known on this site
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

DonC1

Amazing how the window molding on the wing cars went missing even back then...

Aero426

I posted that on Facebook a week ago.   I am amazed it took this long to make it here.    :rofl:

fc7_plumcrazy

the b5 blue looks really nice

Carsten

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

here is the hemi 500

held1823

welcome aboard, chargerman. there is a start to finish thread on the restoration of the blue one. check it out, lots of cool details and information.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,64519.0.html
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

chargerman69

i just joinned the site this week so have not had time go throw lots of posts, glad to be on bored will add a post of pic's of 69 charger making into a daytona

JB400

Quote from: chargerman69 on December 13, 2012, 03:44:59 PM
i just joinned the site this week so have not had time go throw lots of posts, glad to be on bored will add a post of pic's of 69 charger making into a daytona
I believe there will be quite a few looking forward to your pics.  Welcome a board.

tan top

hello & welcome  CM69  :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: looking forward to seeing any pictures  :yesnod: :cheers: :popcrn:

not wanting to  Hijack  away from the aero / Daytona thread  that picture you posted ,  looks like a sunroof  in the bronze 69 charger  in the foreground :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Aero426

Kyle Drake or MoparJohn may remember the other Charger.    There was a lot of conversation about these cars back in the day.  I don't remember any talk about a sunroof.   But anything is possible.   It has been a long time. 

djcarguy

LOVE THE GHOST LIGHT EFFECT ON THE DAYTONA'S THATS AWSUM..  Man that yard was like a pipe dream back then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2 Daytona's,red an blue,,,,,a Hemi c500 and a copper 69 sunroof all parked together and not being picked to death and crushed.

Still sad to know the red one has sat for over 30 ++++ yrs,  very glad it was saved and moved to dry storage .but lets see it and hope it hits the road again.    ME Personally i rather see the the red one or any of the old wings out an about UNRESTORED and running ,THan just hid away  .....................PLease show us resent PICS<THANKS.dj    :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :shruggy: :icon_smile_question: :2thumbs: :drool5: :popcrn: :cheers:

djcarguy

LOVE THE GHOST LIGHT EFFECT ON THE DAYTONA'S THATS AWSUM..  Man that yard was like a pipe dream back then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2 Daytona's,red an blue,,,,,a Hemi c500 and a copper 69 sunroof all parked together and not being picked to death and crushed.

Still sad to know the red one has sat for over 30 ++++ yrs,  very glad it was saved and moved to dry storage .but lets see it and hope it hits the road again.    ME Personally i rather see the the red one or any of the old wings out an about UNRESTORED and running ,THan just hid away  .....................PLease show us resent PICS<THANKS.dj    :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :shruggy: :icon_smile_question: :2thumbs: :drool5: :popcrn: :cheers:

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on December 13, 2012, 04:29:50 PM
Kyle Drake or MoparJohn may remember the other Charger.    There was a lot of conversation about these cars back in the day.  I don't remember any talk about a sunroof.   But anything is possible.   It has been a long time. 
kyle had a  charger parts car for years with a sunroof  but i was thinking it was a Dark green car
I think wayne still has the complete roof off it . If i remember correctly 

dads_69

Quote from: moparstuart on December 13, 2012, 03:22:09 PM
here is the hemi 500

That's identical to the 500 that was here over 20 years ago that I bought the roof/rear window off of. Almost same color, weird..It was a 440 car here though and sadly, long gone.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

A383Wing

the blue Daytona...what are those wheels or hubcaps?

Bryan

1970Moparmann

Awesome picture!  John would probably love to get a copy of it. :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

held1823

Quote from: A383Wing on December 13, 2012, 11:19:35 PM
the blue Daytona...what are those wheels or hubcaps?

Bryan

hubcaps
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

A383Wing

thanks...looks completely different on my screen

Bryan

odcics2

Quote from: tan top on December 13, 2012, 03:55:53 PM
hello & welcome  CM69  :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: looking forward to seeing any pictures  :yesnod: :cheers: :popcrn:

not wanting to  Hijack  away from the aero / Daytona thread  that picture you posted ,  looks like a sunroof  in the bronze 69 charger  in the foreground :scratchchin:

I spied that too!   :cheers:   I agree - a rarer car than a Daytona!   I know that now - parted one out in the 80s....  :shruggy:   :eek2:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Mopar John

Quote from: chargerman69 on December 13, 2012, 03:44:59 PM
chargerman69,
Thanks for the original post and picture of our Daytonas sitting in the junkyard! I would like for you to send me a copy of that picture to my e-mail address at moparjohn@frontier.com . I would have replied to this post sooner but my wife Linda and I just returned from a trip to buy more parts for BOTH of those Daytonas!!
 Someone mentioned Kyle Drake and he is the guy that informed me of the Daytonas when they went up for sale. I had met Kyle at a DSAC meet in the late 70's when I owned 3 Superbirds and found out that they had made the Daytonas! I told a lot of people back then that I would like to but a Daytona and sell a Superbird! When the cars in this group went up for sale Kyle bought the HEMI 500 in the pictures. Unfortunately Kyle had a bad fire and lost several cars including the 500! Yes, I didn't want that blue Daytona with the bent up back end from someone trying to pry the trunk. We think they were after the wing because they came back and got the one off the Blue Daytona! The red Daytona also had pry damage! The salvage yard owner removed the wing off the red Daytona and I was supposed to get it. It was never found at the yard! The other Charger was a 1969 bronze sunroof car as I remember! Another rare car in it's own right!
In fact all the cars in this group were rare or limited production vehicles! Some of the others include a Studebaker Hawk, A Lincoln Continental hardtop like president Kennedy had and some 2 seat T birds! These cars were there for so long they got moved around the yard and all received payloader damage on the corners and undersides! Also more and more parts came up missing even though no parts were to be sold off these cars!
Thanks! MOPAR JOHN

Aero426

Kyle replied and agrees that it was a sunroof car.   He says, "Yes it did. I bought the car and gave the sunroof to Wayne Perkins. It was an A/C 383 auto console shift car."

Aero426

John, I have the original of that photo.  I can get you a hard copy if you like.   There are several different shots of the cars. 

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on December 14, 2012, 10:30:16 PM
Kyle replied and agrees that it was a sunroof car.   He says, "Yes it did. I bought the car and gave the sunroof to Wayne Perkins. It was an A/C 383 auto console shift car."
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: i guess i had a bad memory about it being green , but at least i remembered wayne still has the roof assemble   :D