News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What size exhaust?

Started by brianosaurus, February 11, 2006, 02:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianosaurus

I'm looking to replace the headers and exhaust on my Charger.  I've got:

383, into 727 with 4.10 rear
650 Speeddemon carb
Edelbrock Performer intake
Engle K56-hyd cam on the way
stock heads that seem to have been milled, but unknown compression ratio at the moment (haven't gotten in there just yet)

From what I've read searching around, I think I want the TTI 1-3/4 headers.  What size should I go with for the rest of the exhaust?

and for the bonus...  A friend of a friend has offered me some after-hours dyno time.  I need to install a bung for and O2 sensor in the headers (at the collector), so they can monitor A/F ratio (to reduce the chance of damage while play^H^H^H^Htuning).  I want coated headers, but I don't want to damage them cutting a hole and welding in the bung.  Anyone know if TTI can weld one in when they build it before coating?

If they can't, would the coating get badly damaged if I cut a 1" hole and welded the bung?  Would it just mess up the coating in the immediate area, or it would it send cracks spidering out, and flake off and stuff?  (or am i just being paranoid?)

andy74

2 1/2 inch pipes should be pleny,with out being 2 big

Chryco Psycho

I agree 2.5 " will be great , weld the O2 bung into the pipe behind the header