News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I went to the dark side

Started by 68coronetGLwannabe, December 15, 2012, 06:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: FlatbackFanatic on December 16, 2012, 05:27:14 PM
I think it looks cool. Can't wait to see it when you're done. What color are you going to paint it?

Plans are to paint it Dark blue with a half white vinyl top. Interior will have white seats and the rest of the interior will be black.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

TUFCAT

I've always liked the 1973-up colonnade body style.  In fact the Olds is my favorite, followed by the Pontiac, Buick, and Chevy.  But hey, that's still a pretty cool car!! Many High School buddies owned these cars and always got "hopped -up" some way. :yesnod:  These were our high school hot rods (circa 1984-85)

Stretch

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on December 16, 2012, 06:02:51 PM
I think it looks cool. Can't wait to see it when you're done. What color are you going to paint it?

Plans are to paint it Dark blue with a half white vinyl top. Interior will have white seats and the rest of the interior will be black.

Thats going to be sweet!
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

HPP

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 16, 2012, 08:53:37 AM
You guys need to share a little love for these off year cars. 

No they don't, cuz if they did, then the prices on them would go up. The most reasonable price points nto the hobby are post '72 cars.

JB400

Quote from: HPP on December 16, 2012, 07:56:07 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 16, 2012, 08:53:37 AM
You guys need to share a little love for these off year cars.  

No they don't, cuz if they did, then the prices on them would go up. The most reasonable price points nto the hobby are post '72 cars.
Just because I said they need to share some lovin, doesn't mean that they should actually go buy one, just quit bad mouthing them. ;)

Cooter

Buddy from work has the Chevy that everybody seem to think is so rare and gonna be collectable one day from the period.  Whadda they call 'em again? "Laguna's"? or something? 1973 Chevelle..Big, heavy, big bumpered, and parts you can't find...

Hmmmm, sounds alot like the Charger from the era as well huh?

I actually went to look at it, and kinda like it. Course, he has a nice, fat, 502 for it now...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

TruckDriver

I actually think these were the coolest looking Chevelles ever made. Pontiac made GTO's (although, this one is a GT) and the Can Am with this body style too. Love them!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

moparstuart

Quote from: TruckDriver on December 17, 2012, 09:22:45 AM
I actually think these were the coolest looking Chevelles ever made. Pontiac made GTO's (although, this one is a GT) and the Can Am with this body style too. Love them!
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: sorry   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

greenpigs

If I had the money a Can Am would be in my garage also.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

HPP

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 17, 2012, 04:37:53 AM
Just because I said they need to share some lovin, doesn't mean that they should actually go buy one, just quit bad mouthing them. ;)

I noticed that type of talk about my '78 Aspen usually stopped right after I clicked off an 11 second e.t. and put their "traditional" muscle car on the trailer before the next round. Even got some compliments from nay sayers after that type of demonstration.

Paul G

I love the BOP family. They were not known for being muscle cars back in the day. But there "special" performance versions were kick ass cars. By the mid 70's nothing produced in the good old USA had any muscle left. The move at that time was to step up safety, ugly fat bumpers, and fuel economy, 305 v8's and V6's were the norm. They were trying to go from 10 MPG up to 12 and 15 any way possible. CAFE standards were killer, and they had emissions to deal with. A sad time for American Muscle. But for those of us who trudged through those years, that Buick Gran Sport was a nice car to have in your garage, and brings back memory's of a time when my whole body didn't hurt.   
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

BlueSS454

That is a really cool find.  I have to admit I am a bit of a fan of the mid 70's Buick and Oldsmobiles.  What you have there is a solid foundation for a really nice ride that is just screaming for a nice 455  :yesnod:
Tom Rightler

FlatbackFanatic

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on December 16, 2012, 06:02:51 PM

Thats going to look great!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: Paul G on December 19, 2012, 05:45:35 PM
I love the BOP family. They were not known for being muscle cars back in the day. But there "special" performance versions were kick ass cars. By the mid 70's nothing produced in the good old USA had any muscle left. The move at that time was to step up safety, ugly fat bumpers, and fuel economy, 305 v8's and V6's were the norm. They were trying to go from 10 MPG up to 12 and 15 any way possible. CAFE standards were killer, and they had emissions to deal with. A sad time for American Muscle. But for those of us who trudged through those years, that Buick Gran Sport was a nice car to have in your garage, and brings back memory's of a time when my whole body didn't hurt.   

Up until 76 the GM brands still were carrying their own motors in their cars,after that is when the 305 chebby starting being put into the Regals,Cutlas,grand prix,and the V6 was the buick 231.
My 75 Regal is a 350 4bbl Buick motor.Runs great.

BlueSS454

I am going to add a little info on GM V-8's  :cheers:

GM reduced to the 307 Olds engine and the 305 Chevy from 1981-on.  The Buicks retained Buick engines until 1981 when the computer crap came in, then the full size GM cars started getting 307 Oldsmobile engines through 1988 except Caprices which got either a 305 or 350.  G body cars either got  307 Olds or 305 Chevy depending on what it was.  Cutlasses never got a 305, Monte Carlos never got a 307, but a Grand Prix or Regal could have either.  In addition to the V-8s, the V-6 was either a 3.8 Buick, 3.8 Chevy, or 4.3 Chevy Fuel Injected engine.  Pontiac Firebirds were fitted with a 403 Olds engine from 77-81.
So effectively, Pontiac V-8s ended in 1976, Buick V-8's ended in 1980, Oldsmobile V-8's ended in 1988.  The Chevy 305 was introduced in 1976 and continued through 1992.  There was also a 267 V-8 in the early 80's which was nothing but a gutless boat anchor.
That doesn't mean they can't be swapped out for a nice 455 Buick, Olds, or Pontiac engine or a 454  :icon_smile_big:
Tom Rightler

greenpigs

If you do a engine swap PLEASE keep it all Buick. :Twocents:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

RIDELIKEHELL

Here is a friend of mines Lemans that I went to grade school with...not sure if he still has it as he moved out of town and is raising a family now. He ditched the 350 for  a Pontiac 455cid built to approximately 525hp.
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on December 21, 2012, 09:06:45 AM
Here ya go 68wannabe,I like it !!!!! :drool5:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-BUICK-CENTURY-GRAN-SPORT-STAGE-1-VERY-RARE-CAR-VERY-RARE-CAR-/221168794385?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item337eaffb11

I like it it.  :drool5:

Been talking to a few body shops trying to figure out what direction to go with it. The car really need a left rear quarter panel, it was hit and pushed in and so is the inner wheel well. One shop gave me a pretty fair quote so I will probably let him have at it.
"That's us in 10 years".

68coronetGLwannabe

Found some Cragars With BFG tires the other day on Craigslist for $200. Also added dual exhaust. After the first of the year paint and body work will get started.  :icon_smile_big:

Oh The last pics is what I stumbled across on my way home from the parts store. To good of a deal to pass up.
"That's us in 10 years".

Paul G

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

68coronetGLwannabe

"That's us in 10 years".

nvrbdn

dont go getting too many toys now, or we will get jealous.  i had an old monte carlo with that long slope line from the front. white with a red interior.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House