News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I went to the dark side

Started by 68coronetGLwannabe, December 15, 2012, 06:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68coronetGLwannabe

Had a 74 GS when I was in High school. Been looking for a project GS for a while and came across this 75. She sat for many years and the guy i bought it from got it from the original owner and got it running and driving. He been using it as a daily drive and it runs and drives good, but the AZ sun has taken its toll on the paint and interior. Too bad it didnt have a 455 in it but 74 was the last yr of that in the GS. Going to take a lot of work to bring it back to its former glory and it should be fun doing it.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

68coronetGLwannabe

One of my favorite parts of the GS was the console and shifter. I did some research and in 75 they only made 1152 of these cars and you could only get a V6 or 350 in it. The last pic is my car in 1983.
"That's us in 10 years".

kikgas01

Yep, like the console and shifter.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: skip68 on December 16, 2012, 01:11:46 AM
That car is gay.   :Twocents:

How dare you come in and piss all over my thread!  :RantExplode:
"That's us in 10 years".

skip68

I figure the only way to have your threads get attention is for me to pee on them.   Sorry, but it's still gay covered in my pee.    :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

68coronetGLwannabe

Maybe I will paint it Orange and put an 01 on it.  :D
"That's us in 10 years".

skip68

Yes, orange with an 01 will make it rock.   :2thumbs:

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on December 15, 2012, 06:18:07 PM
One of my favorite parts of the GS was the console and shifter. I did some research and in 75 they only made 1152 of these cars and you could only get a V6 or 350 in it. The last pic is my car in 1983.

OMG look how cool that's supposed to be!
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Mytur Binsdirti

The mid-late 70's was an aweful time for cars of any brand. When a dog's ass looks better than the car it's next to, you know the car is fugly.

JB400

You guys need to share a little love for these off year cars.  I know they don't look like a hi po ride, but they can be.  I think they make for excelllent sleepers.  They accept almost every hi po part that was used during muscle car era.  As long as you don't have the emisson regulations to deal with, have some fun with them.  Emissions rules are the only drawback on these that I can see.  Parts should still be fairly plentiful.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 16, 2012, 08:53:37 AM
You guys need to share a little love for these off year cars. 

BTW, I did show restraint with my comment above.   :lol:

Stretch

I'm not much for the red one but the black one looks good!
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

69 OUR/TEA

68wannabe,it's a rough crowd here,there are car guys that appreciate just about any old american car,and ones who are tunnel visioned either to one specific brand or just rare musclecars.Not all of us can have a nosecone and wing,spark plugs sticking out of the valve covers, a hood that shakes,or one that is fastened with four bobby pins.
Those that do,God bless you,the rest, obtain whatever you can that makes you happy and enjoy life to be part of the car hobby.
With that 68wannabe,I consider this forum def one of my favorites as it is more like a big family,very usefull for info as well as helping others out.Sometimes you can see it gets ugly with negative comments,topics,personal attacks,but a very fun forum to be on,and not just because it's about Chargers.I myself refrain 99.9% as if I don't have anything good to say about a car or person,I just don't reply at all.
With that,I'll throw myself to the wolves with ya,I have a sister car to your Century,the Regal,a 16k orig mile/paint survivor that I drive the most of any old car I own.Ice cold A/C,am/fm,pw,350 4bbl,dual exhaust,tilt,comfy split bench that feels like your sitting on your couch going down the highway,and great on gas to boot.
Cheap money for a nice old,clean,reliable car to enjoy cruise nights,family drives,or just for the heck of it.

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 16, 2012, 06:26:36 AM

The mid-late 70's was an aweful time for cars of any brand. When a dog's ass looks better than the car it's next to, you know the car is fugly.

Thanks double dipping douche Bag! Quit looking at my dogs Ass. Go be a Dick head elsewhere.
"That's us in 10 years".

69 OUR/TEA

And best of all,one of my fav colors....GREEN !!!!! :drool5:  

JB400

Nice Regal 69 Our/ Tea.  I'm glad there is a few of us that are auto enthusiast that love chargers on here.

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on December 16, 2012, 11:59:41 AM
And best of all,one of my fav colors....GREEN !!!!! :drool5:  

I like yours 69 Our/Tea. These are the era of cars I grew up with. I appreciate them for what they are, the last of a dying breed but still good ole American steel.
"That's us in 10 years".

skip68

68coronet knows I'm messing with him.   OK Wade, I've got to ask ..........are you keeping this one?   I take it its got a 305 in it?   

68coronetGLwannabe

I plan on keeping it. The one I had back in 83 was a great all around car and it had a 455 in it. This one is a 350.
"That's us in 10 years".

rt green

could always find a 455 to put in it .    i dont mind those cars. they were smooth driving.
third string oil changer

kikgas01

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on December 16, 2012, 11:58:26 AM
68wannabe,it's a rough crowd here,there are car guys that appreciate just about any old american car,and ones who are tunnel visioned either to one specific brand or just rare musclecars.Not all of us can have a nosecone and wing,spark plugs sticking out of the valve covers, a hood that shakes,or one that is fastened with four bobby pins.
Those that do,God bless you,the rest, obtain whatever you can that makes you happy and enjoy life to be part of the car hobby.
With that 68wannabe,I consider this forum def one of my favorites as it is more like a big family,very usefull for info as well as helping others out.Sometimes you can see it gets ugly with negative comments,topics,personal attacks,but a very fun forum to be on,and not just because it's about Chargers.I myself refrain 99.9% as if I don't have anything good to say about a car or person,I just don't reply at all.
With that,I'll throw myself to the wolves with ya,I have a sister car to your Century,the Regal,a 16k orig mile/paint survivor that I drive the most of any old car I own.Ice cold A/C,am/fm,pw,350 4bbl,dual exhaust,tilt,comfy split bench that feels like your sitting on your couch going down the highway,and great on gas to boot.
Cheap money for a nice old,clean,reliable car to enjoy cruise nights,family drives,or just for the heck of it.
You said it. If it`s neat, I like it. That is why, yes there is my 69 Charger sitting in my garage next to my 49 Dodge, BUT I also have a tubbed out 82 MERCURY Zephyr Pro-Street car in there as well. I have a 04 Vic P71 that is my driver, a 89 Z-24 cavi with a 3400 in it and a Z-71 CHEVY truck. Oh and my 85 Supra behind my garage that I had since 94... and looking for more cars. :D

FlatbackFanatic

I think it looks cool. Can't wait to see it when you're done. What color are you going to paint it?
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: FlatbackFanatic on December 16, 2012, 05:27:14 PM
I think it looks cool. Can't wait to see it when you're done. What color are you going to paint it?

Plans are to paint it Dark blue with a half white vinyl top. Interior will have white seats and the rest of the interior will be black.
"That's us in 10 years".

TUFCAT

I've always liked the 1973-up colonnade body style.  In fact the Olds is my favorite, followed by the Pontiac, Buick, and Chevy.  But hey, that's still a pretty cool car!! Many High School buddies owned these cars and always got "hopped -up" some way. :yesnod:  These were our high school hot rods (circa 1984-85)

Stretch

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on December 16, 2012, 06:02:51 PM

Plans are to paint it Dark blue with a half white vinyl top. Interior will have white seats and the rest of the interior will be black.

Thats going to be sweet!
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

HPP

No they don't, cuz if they did, then the prices on them would go up. The most reasonable price points nto the hobby are post '72 cars.

JB400

Quote from: HPP on December 16, 2012, 07:56:07 PM

No they don't, cuz if they did, then the prices on them would go up. The most reasonable price points nto the hobby are post '72 cars.
Just because I said they need to share some lovin, doesn't mean that they should actually go buy one, just quit bad mouthing them. ;)

Cooter

Buddy from work has the Chevy that everybody seem to think is so rare and gonna be collectable one day from the period.  Whadda they call 'em again? "Laguna's"? or something? 1973 Chevelle..Big, heavy, big bumpered, and parts you can't find...

Hmmmm, sounds alot like the Charger from the era as well huh?

I actually went to look at it, and kinda like it. Course, he has a nice, fat, 502 for it now...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

TruckDriver

I actually think these were the coolest looking Chevelles ever made. Pontiac made GTO's (although, this one is a GT) and the Can Am with this body style too. Love them!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

moparstuart

Quote from: TruckDriver on December 17, 2012, 09:22:45 AM
I actually think these were the coolest looking Chevelles ever made. Pontiac made GTO's (although, this one is a GT) and the Can Am with this body style too. Love them!
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: sorry   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

greenpigs

If I had the money a Can Am would be in my garage also.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

HPP

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 17, 2012, 04:37:53 AM
Just because I said they need to share some lovin, doesn't mean that they should actually go buy one, just quit bad mouthing them. ;)

I noticed that type of talk about my '78 Aspen usually stopped right after I clicked off an 11 second e.t. and put their "traditional" muscle car on the trailer before the next round. Even got some compliments from nay sayers after that type of demonstration.

Paul G

I love the BOP family. They were not known for being muscle cars back in the day. But there "special" performance versions were kick ass cars. By the mid 70's nothing produced in the good old USA had any muscle left. The move at that time was to step up safety, ugly fat bumpers, and fuel economy, 305 v8's and V6's were the norm. They were trying to go from 10 MPG up to 12 and 15 any way possible. CAFE standards were killer, and they had emissions to deal with. A sad time for American Muscle. But for those of us who trudged through those years, that Buick Gran Sport was a nice car to have in your garage, and brings back memory's of a time when my whole body didn't hurt.   
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

BlueSS454

That is a really cool find.  I have to admit I am a bit of a fan of the mid 70's Buick and Oldsmobiles.  What you have there is a solid foundation for a really nice ride that is just screaming for a nice 455  :yesnod:
Tom Rightler

FlatbackFanatic

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on December 16, 2012, 06:02:51 PM

Thats going to look great!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: Paul G on December 19, 2012, 05:45:35 PM
I love the BOP family. They were not known for being muscle cars back in the day. But there "special" performance versions were kick ass cars. By the mid 70's nothing produced in the good old USA had any muscle left. The move at that time was to step up safety, ugly fat bumpers, and fuel economy, 305 v8's and V6's were the norm. They were trying to go from 10 MPG up to 12 and 15 any way possible. CAFE standards were killer, and they had emissions to deal with. A sad time for American Muscle. But for those of us who trudged through those years, that Buick Gran Sport was a nice car to have in your garage, and brings back memory's of a time when my whole body didn't hurt.   

Up until 76 the GM brands still were carrying their own motors in their cars,after that is when the 305 chebby starting being put into the Regals,Cutlas,grand prix,and the V6 was the buick 231.
My 75 Regal is a 350 4bbl Buick motor.Runs great.

BlueSS454

I am going to add a little info on GM V-8's  :cheers:

GM reduced to the 307 Olds engine and the 305 Chevy from 1981-on.  The Buicks retained Buick engines until 1981 when the computer crap came in, then the full size GM cars started getting 307 Oldsmobile engines through 1988 except Caprices which got either a 305 or 350.  G body cars either got  307 Olds or 305 Chevy depending on what it was.  Cutlasses never got a 305, Monte Carlos never got a 307, but a Grand Prix or Regal could have either.  In addition to the V-8s, the V-6 was either a 3.8 Buick, 3.8 Chevy, or 4.3 Chevy Fuel Injected engine.  Pontiac Firebirds were fitted with a 403 Olds engine from 77-81.
So effectively, Pontiac V-8s ended in 1976, Buick V-8's ended in 1980, Oldsmobile V-8's ended in 1988.  The Chevy 305 was introduced in 1976 and continued through 1992.  There was also a 267 V-8 in the early 80's which was nothing but a gutless boat anchor.
That doesn't mean they can't be swapped out for a nice 455 Buick, Olds, or Pontiac engine or a 454  :icon_smile_big:
Tom Rightler

greenpigs

If you do a engine swap PLEASE keep it all Buick. :Twocents:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

RIDELIKEHELL

Here is a friend of mines Lemans that I went to grade school with...not sure if he still has it as he moved out of town and is raising a family now. He ditched the 350 for  a Pontiac 455cid built to approximately 525hp.
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on December 21, 2012, 09:06:45 AM
Here ya go 68wannabe,I like it !!!!! :drool5:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-BUICK-CENTURY-GRAN-SPORT-STAGE-1-VERY-RARE-CAR-VERY-RARE-CAR-/221168794385?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item337eaffb11

I like it it.  :drool5:

Been talking to a few body shops trying to figure out what direction to go with it. The car really need a left rear quarter panel, it was hit and pushed in and so is the inner wheel well. One shop gave me a pretty fair quote so I will probably let him have at it.
"That's us in 10 years".

68coronetGLwannabe

Found some Cragars With BFG tires the other day on Craigslist for $200. Also added dual exhaust. After the first of the year paint and body work will get started.  :icon_smile_big:

Oh The last pics is what I stumbled across on my way home from the parts store. To good of a deal to pass up.
"That's us in 10 years".

Paul G

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

68coronetGLwannabe

"That's us in 10 years".

nvrbdn

dont go getting too many toys now, or we will get jealous.  i had an old monte carlo with that long slope line from the front. white with a red interior.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bsakal

I think PHR had a feature on a '73 Buick a year or two ago. I believe the car was silver, it was real sharp.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: nvrbdn on December 31, 2012, 07:42:19 PM
dont go getting too many toys now, or we will get jealous.  i had an old monte carlo with that long slope line from the front. white with a red interior.

The Mustang wont be around long. Just got a good deal on it. Going to clean it up and sell it to fund the Buick.
"That's us in 10 years".

greenpigs

Hope you don't have more than $4500 in that Mustang as they don't have near the following of the 64-70.

Is it a 302?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

JB400

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: greenpigs on December 31, 2012, 10:39:06 PM
Hope you don't have more than $4500 in that Mustang as they don't have near the following of the 64-70.

Is it a 302?

I have way less than that into it. I figured It was worth between $4500 and $5000  :2thumbs:

It has 351.
"That's us in 10 years".

JB400

68coronetGLwannabe

"That's us in 10 years".

Nacho-RT74

I think definitelly you like that shade of red LOL

not my cup of tea on any of those ( Mustang and Buick )

I think Only Chevies from those years I like would be a 74 Laguna ( only stop lights I like from that Chevelle generation ), 78 OR 79 Nova Rallye ( even better if a 3 doors hatchback ) and a 82s and lates ( 4 headlights and vertical tail lights ) Montecarlos

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

greenpigs

I guess a Cleveland?

Well it's good you got it on the cheap like you said...good luck.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

ACUDANUT

I actually prefer the 71-74 Mustang fastbacks over all years made.  Nice Car. :cheers:

The70RT

Good luck on the Buick. I got a 72 Buick GS 445 that I traded a restored 68 Ford Truck for. I did a little work on the GS and sold it to a kid that totaled it a month later. I was out at a junk yard and seen my old truck that was smashed on both ends a couple months later. I sure miss the Buick.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: greenpigs on January 03, 2013, 01:04:41 AM
I guess a Cleveland?

Well it's good you got it on the cheap like you said...good luck.

Mustang is gone. Now more money for the Buick.  :2thumbs:
"That's us in 10 years".

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

greenpigs

I have had the same shirt on longer than he kept that Mustang!
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 03, 2013, 05:24:22 PM
I actually prefer the 71-74 Mustang fastbacks over all years made.  Nice Car. :cheers:

I guess you really say 71/73... as far I know 74 is the first Mustang II made
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: greenpigs on January 03, 2013, 09:21:30 PM
I have had the same shirt on longer than he kept that Mustang!

Eeew.  :rofl:

The guy that bought it kept telling me, "I not even a Mustang guy". It was a really clean car and that's what convinced him to take it. His plans are to Make a Mach 1 clone. He tried to talk me out of the Charger, but I'm not gonna let the General go. He then offered me money to find him a Descent driver 69 Charger.  :2thumbs:
"That's us in 10 years".

greenpigs

Sounds like a cool guy, at least Ford people have some class.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Monziac

I know a lot if Buick people that are also into Mopars, including myself. I have 2 Buicks and a Charger. I love your car, and it is a rare one! Keep it all Buick. Find a 455 BBB and stuff it in there. V8buick.com can help you with it.

mauve66

like those also, cutlass supreme was along that time trend, friend of mine had swivel front seats in his, i thought it was the coolest thing back then :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

luvcharger

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on December 15, 2012, 06:15:56 PM
Had a 74 GS when I was in High school. Been looking for a project GS for a while and came across this 75. She sat for many years and the guy i bought it from got it from the original owner and got it running and driving. He been using it as a daily drive and it runs and drives good, but the AZ sun has taken its toll on the paint and interior. Too bad it didnt have a 455 in it but 74 was the last yr of that in the GS. Going to take a lot of work to bring it back to its former glory and it should be fun doing it.

I am jealous :D 

Can I ask how much you got this for from that guy?

bamadukefan02

All a car like that needs is some mag wheels and Wild Cherry coming out of the speakers and you are ready to cruise  :2thumbs: