News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone use FF nylon LCA bushings?

Started by Mopar2Ya, February 11, 2006, 11:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar2Ya

I put in a set of FirmFeels nylon lower control arm bushings & their greaseable pins. They went in the lca's very hard & seem to be "stuck" with the weight of the car(no engine) on them??? Are they just stiff because they are new & w/no engine to push on them???  ???

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Chryco Psycho

with weight on them & driving them I`m sure it will move

Mopar2Ya

I called FF & they said it should be OK. The pins went in very hard, I need to invest in a press.  :yesnod:

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Mike DC

If you didn't weld up some extra beef on the K-frame's LCA mountings, then you probably should.  I mean where the LCA bolt tubes are welded to the K-frame's vertical wall surface, in front & back. 

After 35 years those tubes can start tearing out of the K-frame's sidewall just under stock usage, let alone what might happen if you reduce the cusioning effect of the stock rubber bushings with aftermarket replacements.