News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Getting better all the time, health wise that is.

Started by cudaken, August 05, 2005, 10:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

On the old site I posted I was ready to pop a vein. Blood pressuer was 150 over 101, and Cholesterol was 310. That was 3 months ago.

I have changed my eating habits, not much of egg's, bread, chesse, salt, butter and nothing fried. Eat Grilled Salmon 3 to 4 night's a week and fresh Veg's as well. Still eat till I am full and not trying to lose weight, but a funny this is happening.

In the last 3 months, I have lost around 30 pounds and still running on Cam 2 every night. Like I said, I am not trying to lose weight, but it is happeing.

Now, I am on Med's for blood pressuer. Few weeks ago I was hurt by a neighbor's dog and went to the DR that should be working for AOL. (from Inda) Blood pressuer was 125 over 79 and he bitched at me for lossing to much weight? Guess that is a good thing. Yet to have the Cholesterol checked but expeact good thing's there as well.

On the weekend, BBQ Beef and Pork and some bread and still loseing weight.

Let's see, every 100 pound's = 10 HP, at this rate 10's will be easy with the Blowen Charger. Might install a 318! :icon_smile_approve:

Fish is good.

Hum, Cuda Ken, that is a fish but don't eat me! ;D
I am back

Ponch ®

congrats Ken. You should be our new health guru.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Old Moparz

Hey Ken,

Good to hear something positive. My father will be 65 at the end of the year & just had to make severe changes to his diet, as well as stop smoking. Last week, he went to the hospital scared with a loss of speech, & was diagnosed with a stroke. After more tests they said it was due to a build up in the arteries in his neck. (Whatever) He is seeing a speech therapist now & slurs words if he starts to talk too fast & doesn't concentrate. He smoked since he was 12 years old & wasn't the healthiest of eaters. He loves red meat & used a lot of salt & butter on his food. Now he's had to quit smoking cold turkey, which so far is working but not easy. He's on meds to reduce cholesterol & something else to adjust another problem. Hopefully you'll make the changes before you have to do it the hard way. It's giving me a wake up call to start to consider more exercise.

Good luck & congrats on staying with it, Bob
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Chryco Psycho

CFMopar

QuoteStill eat till I am full and not trying to lose weight, but a funny this is happening.

Its amazing how much of a difference a healthy diet well do.

Good job  :cheers:
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

psykicpup

my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

BrianShaughnessy

Congrats Ken!!!   :cheers: 

I've gained a bit too much for my comfort since quitting smoking 16 months ago.

Glad you found a way to lose that you're enjoying.   :2thumbs:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

41husk

now if we can get you to run on a little less cam2 and stop smoking you may out live us all.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up