News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd gen carpet installation

Started by Plumcrazy, January 01, 2013, 11:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plumcrazy

I'm replacing the carpeting in my car and have question about the gas pedal.  The old carpet wasn't the original carpet, it just had two holes for the gas pedal studs to go through.

Looking at the bottom of the gas pedal it looks like there should be a rectangular hole cut into the carpet so the pedal can sit directly on the floor.

Which is correct?

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

PlainfieldCharger

You are correct on the gas pedal. The hole will be located at top corner of the heel pad(plastic area). There is also a gasket that goes between the pedal and Plastic. There are some threads on here that show the location so you might want to search that. The hole you cut will be the smaller rectangle of the pedal bottom so the gasket has something to seal against the plastic. I also made a gasket for the bottom of the pedal that touches the floor board for a great seal. ;)

Plumcrazy

Thanks for the reply.  Right now the pedal is bolted down through two small holes. There should be a nice imprint on the carpet marking where it has to be cut.  :cheers:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

PlainfieldCharger

I made a cardboard template to fit it perfect! :yesnod: