News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bullitt Charger for sale

Started by Homerr, January 09, 2013, 03:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

If I were in the market to buy that car my payment would be contingent on the owner submitting to and passing a polygraph test.

Mike DC

A lot of historical items in the world are unlikely to be the real things, but after a long time of carrying the identity of the real thing they have acquired much of the value.  Even when scientific testing rules out legitimacy the item still rarely stops being prized.  

So far there are no problems with the Bullitt car's story as the owner tells it.  That, coupled with the nonexistent information about the original car, makes me doubt there will ever be another contender for its Bullitt credentials.  If this thing appears at Mopar shows for a decade as "the real thing" then it will take on that identity, proven or not . . .  and it will take on much of the dollar value of the real thing too.  Proven or not. 

Steve P.

For me to spend 1 MIL. on a car, I would have to be a billionaire and still it would need documentation beyond any doubt. Then I still probably would not spend a million bucks on a car... Hell, for a million bucks, I could buy everyone on here a new car... Ok, new to you cars!!! hahahaha....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

greenpigs

Well like about everyone said it needs some serious documentation to ask BIG money, but even if it is the car from the movie I think that's just a wet dreamer number from the seller.

Who is to say what it is worth & I think it is ideal for an auction, but word of mouth isn't enough for most people as for the history.

My magic number pulled straight from my ass is $250,000 if it is legit.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

1974dodgecharger

I talked to steve about this car awhile back and he told me ALL CARS WERE DESTROYED IN FRONT OF HIS EYES...he once said if a guy claims he has the real bullit he is a FAKE.

yes true story......  :2thumbs:

now im on my way to merry land...Ill be back with a numbers matching 1968, 6 speed, 440 hemi, 8 pack, with cruise control.

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on January 09, 2013, 08:27:07 PM
I wouldn't buy it ,cause I don't like black chargers or those hubcaps !!!

:popcrn:  me neither. :lol: :lol:  Give me another 10 yrs maybe I will start creeping around town with hubcaps..... :hah:

I like it, it's nice to dream one is found, I think it is plausible, I just do not have a thing for movie cars or much value there to that level.  I could see the a huge fan or fluffy pockets, if car confirmed more thoroughly paying into the 100-200k maybe?

70 Charger RT

I find it interesting that he's posted one of the pictures in his ad I had taken when I seen him and the car at 2011 SEMA.  He must have downloaded the picture from this site as this site is the only place I had previously posted the picture.  I don't mind.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

70 Charger RT

Richard Petty is signing autographs in the background at the Optima Batterys booth.  You can see his car.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

projectanimal

Yeah, but is it the "real" Richard Petty????  Did he have documents with him??  LMAO.  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

northwest CT

1974dodgecharger

So thats really him? 
Quote from: 70 Charger RT on January 10, 2013, 09:42:26 AM
I find it interesting that he's posted one of the pictures in his ad I had taken when I seen him and the car at 2011 SEMA.  He must have downloaded the picture from this site as this site is the only place I had previously posted the picture.  I don't mind.

Ghoste

Would it be worth a million even if it could be proven it was the Bullitt Charger????

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: Ghoste on January 10, 2013, 11:00:39 AM
Would it be worth a million even if it could be proven it was the Bullitt Charger????

Still HELL NO !!!!

Homerr

Presuming it had airtight documentation and is a top-notch resto then I could see it worth $200-250k.

I think it's a great looking car, but I wouldn't buy it unless it was a drivable clone so I could have fun with it without worry.

Aero426

I don't think so.   But if the roles were reversed and McQueen had driven the Charger in the movie AND it was the real deal, I would say yes.  

I think the Mustang would be worth more due to the McQueen connection. 

Ghoste

Oh yes, just mutter McQueen around the sales wing of our place and you'll see the staff get that salivating look with the sparkly eyes while they dream of the many ways they can spend that commission.

JB400

On auction block, I'd say that car would bring between $125k- $150k tops.

tan top

Quote from: Aero426 on January 09, 2013, 05:55:57 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on January 09, 2013, 05:37:05 PM

They figure if they just keep hauling it around and telling everyone its the real deal , it will become the  real deal   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:    

That is how these things work.  

yeah !! true  :yesnod:

didnt this sell again , still being portrayed as the real thing 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Dmichels

You always ASK more for a "rare" item that has no sales history. Whats it worth? What ever someone is willing to pay. I am sure the guy is open to offers but he is hopeing some fool would pay his asking price. If I was ever going to sell my car I would ask more then it is worth and hope for the best.
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

Ghoste

True enough.  That doesn't mean he should be promoting the car as being definitely the Bullitt car when all he has is circumstantial evidence.  Yes, buyer beware blah blah blah and do your homework and you are a fool who deserves to get screwed if you make the mistake but not unlike the Allison wing car above, each time these things are offered as for sur, the world begins to accept them.  Strangely enough they also begin to build real evidence as each owner seeks to prove their claim.  That Allison car has Allisons own endorsement and if someone pays through the nose for this black Charger, now that its entering the collectible automotive commodities realm I have a feeling it will have "hard" evidence soon enough as well.
And the circumstantial evidence isn't bad, this could be the car.

bull

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on January 10, 2013, 08:58:28 AM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on January 09, 2013, 08:27:07 PM
I wouldn't buy it ,cause I don't like black chargers or those hubcaps !!!

:popcrn:  me neither. :lol: :lol:  Give me another 10 yrs maybe I will start creeping around town with hubcaps..... :hah:

I like it, it's nice to dream one is found, I think it is plausible, I just do not have a thing for movie cars or much value there to that level.  I could see the a huge fan or fluffy pockets, if car confirmed more thoroughly paying into the 100-200k maybe?

Color preference is an understandable issue but I could never understand why anyone would refuse to buy a car because of wheels. It's the easiest fix in the world. :shruggy: Not saying you guys are implying that but I've seen it many times before.

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Ghoste

Haha, sooner or later I'll have to give you the tour.  I'll be sure when that day comes to tell someone I have to leave my desk for a bit, I'm taking one of the McQueens through the muesum and shop.

Mike DC

QuoteTrue enough.  That doesn't mean he should be promoting the car as being definitely the Bullitt car when all he has is circumstantial evidence.  Yes, buyer beware blah blah blah and do your homework and you are a fool who deserves to get screwed if you make the mistake but not unlike the Allison wing car above, each time these things are offered as for sur, the world begins to accept them.  Strangely enough they also begin to build real evidence as each owner seeks to prove their claim.  That Allison car has Allisons own endorsement and if someone pays through the nose for this black Charger, now that its entering the collectible automotive commodities realm I have a feeling it will have "hard" evidence soon enough as well.
And the circumstantial evidence isn't bad, this could be the car.

Agree, the Bullitt car will probably become more legit in people's eyes if it stays in the hobby like it is for a bunch of years. 

Not if somebody buys it for a private collection and mothballs it.  But maybe if it shows up at big Mopar events on display and becomes a popular thing.   

MoparMotel

Aren't those 69 seats with the holes in the top for headrests? Also the chunks missing out of steering wheel
1968 Dodge Charger

Ghoste

No they are 68 seats.  The headrests were optional for 68.