News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New colors to weather map of Australia

Started by XH29N0G, January 09, 2013, 07:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

Hey All, just saw this in a number of places online.  One is here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/01/08/australia-is-so-hot-they-had-to-add-new-colors-to-the-weather-map/

Does not look good.

Six months ago, I was there (OZ), hearing about the weather here (US)  Now it seems like the same thing all over again. 

Any of you experiencing this on Australia?

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Darkman

Iused to live in the "purple" area. It does get really hot, but most of the time you can cope and get away from the heat (air conditioning, swimming pool etc).

We had 3 weeks straight of 43 plus (110 degrees) in 2012 and even got to 50 (122). It wears you down a bit after a while! I have moved back to Adelaide SA where it is quite a bit cooler, but my old place is currently suffering some big heat as I type  :'(
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

polywideblock

41 c yesterday 34 c today expecting 40 c + sat very hot   phil

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

JB400

How big of a factor is humidity for you guys?  Here in the heartland US,  95* with high humidity could feel like 100*+.

polywideblock

where i am on the east coast it gets really sticky 75 % or better

Darkman

Luckily in the desert there isn't a lot of humidity, BUT, when there is, it is horrible as the air conditioners do nothing (evaporative air cons use evaporatind water to cool - high humidity means little evaporation)
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Bob T

Looks pretty shocking over there at the moment, especially NSW and Tassie. I saw on the news NZ sent over 15 firefighters to assist, need plenty more than that by the look of it. Hopefully the weather will change and cool down a bit. There are bush fires here in the Canterbury region, temp is around 35'C down there at peak, nothing like Oz
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

charger Downunder

Hit 43 in the office on Tuesday, was cooler outside aircon is getting put in next week. ;D
[/quote]

Old Moparz

Adding a color to the heat map? Isn't that like having an amplifier custom built that goes to 11 instead of 10?     :smilielol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

polywideblock

mrsskip68

Anybody heard from Fred lately? I know hes from Australia. Sent him a PM the other day to see if they were ok and not in the fire paths, but havnt heard anything.  :scratchchin: Hope their safe, and to our other aussie members keep us updated.  :2thumbs:

Ram07

Way to hot for this Northern Redneck...can't stand it in the 30's here in the summer!!  :rotz:

There's fires down there? Hope all are save!