News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

After market floor shifter wiring

Started by chargd72, January 10, 2013, 12:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

I converted the column shifter into a B&M floor shifter and it has a neutral safety switch and a reverse light switch on the shifter itself.  Is this for transmissions that don't have a NSS already installed?  I thought the tranny activated the reverse lights and neutral safety switch.  If that's the case, I wouldn't need to wire the shifter.  Correct?

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

chargd72

Answering my own question and posting if someone else ever searches the subject.

Going over the B&M installation instructions I came across this, "'69 and Later: The neutral safety/backup switch is located on the transmission and will continue to function normally. It will not be necessary to connect any wires to the switches on the shifter."

Thanks, me   :rofl:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger