News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Location no longer showing.

Started by 71 SE3834V, January 12, 2013, 12:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 SE3834V

Did our locations used to appear below the avatar or am I confusing this w/another site? I can't seem to find anything in the profile settings that would change this.

Now that I look back it seems it used to show but no longer and some posters locations are still showing up.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

Troy

That's a good question. I don't see anything in the forum settings to make it show/hide so I don't think I can turn it on. If it ever did display it would have been on a much older version of our software.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

71 SE3834V

How much older? I just joined in October and looking at my first post there were some locations posted. I guess the person who asked me where in SE Mi I was located got my local from my profile.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

BIGBLCK11

A number of people have manually added it under their avatar.  In Profile, Forum Profile Information, Personal Text.  Of course, this would not be the default for everyone, if that is what you meant.

1970Moparmann

Moparts shows this in the avatar.  This site, my location is in my profile. :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

A383Wing

Troy

Ok, I see. An example from your thread: "nvrbdn" has "southern illinois" under his picture. If you look in his profile the "Location" says "worden, il. st. louis area". So where did it come from? Looking through his other settings there's a field called "Personal Text" which has the information displayed.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

71 SE3834V

Ok, thanks. Must be the 3rd gen website that shows it. Not a member of moparts.......yet.  :icon_smile_big: Always curious where others are located.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V