News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classic Auto Air

Started by 505charger, January 12, 2013, 05:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

505charger

I installed a CAA unit on my non- A/C equipped 68 Charger. I have had defrost door servo gear breakage issues ever since I installed the unit. I have broke three set of gears with CAA replacing them free and claiming no one else has the problem. The servo is a GM item that does not have a limit switch. This causes the motor to apply pressure to the point the gears strip and fail. I am down to installing a cable to move the defrost door? Don't want to do that. Anyone familiar with the problem? Solutions?

charger Downunder

I thought it would of all been vacuum operated you must be able to adjust it or do a work around of some kind put it back onto CAA.
[/quote]

Bob T

A micro switch/limit switch mounted on the housing at full deflection and wired into the servo control circuit to interrupt the power supply to it would be the solution with no unsightly manual cable, but I agree, it should be back on CCA to provide the solution. Is it worthwhile getting a written quote from a professional auto electrician for the remedial works and putting it on CCA for them to pony up with a cash settlement? By now, after stripping 3 sets of gears they must acknowledge there is a problem.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

505charger

Thanks for the replies. I have a professional mechanic friend that has done the last two repairs and has spoke directly with CAA. They are mystified at what could be wrong. My friend suggested the micro limit switch as well. It would have to be him as I would not know what I was doing. CAA didn't seem thrilled about sponsoring such a repair.