News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Somebody PLEASE explain to me what's funny about the Big Bang Theory????????????

Started by skip68, January 13, 2013, 09:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

I've tried to watch this show but it's just so stupid, retarded and gay.  Reminds me of jr high humor.   :rotz: Sorry.   It's like watching a kids show that's for 10 year olds.   I've got a sick dry sense of humor but this show just has no real humor.  Anywho, I just don't understand how it's so popular.   :shruggy:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

68coronetGLwannabe

I may be retarded but I'm not gay. I just watched it and laughed all the way through it. Its a very intellectual show so I understand why you dont like it.  :D
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

nh_mopar_fan

Drache

It's a humor reserved for smart people! I think it's a hilarious show!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

resq302

its fantastic show.   :2thumbs:  A friend of mine is a teacher who is really smart and doesn't like the show.  I guess it hits too close to home for him.   :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

green69rt

My wife and I watch it all the time.  Just like 1st vs 2nd vs 3rd generation chargers, the eye is in the beholder.  If you like it then great but if not that's also great.  Just watch what you like!!!

bull

Isn't it kind of a self-defeating notion to have to explain what's funny about something? It's like explaining why you think a certain woman is beautiful to a buddy who thinks she's just average.

skip68

Good point Curtis.   I guess I'm just not smart enough to understand the humor.  I'm a big dummy.    :'(
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

I don't find too many comedy shows funny anymore.  The friday evening shows on ABC with Tim Allen and Reba are funny though.  I shouldn't need a laugh button to tell me when to laugh.

Some people confuse stupid with funny.  There is a difference.

nvrbdn

now the show i miss is "third rock from the sun" funniest show ever. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chargerguy74

Once I caught on to the laugh track I realized I was being told when to laugh and the show wasn't funny at all.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

bull

Quote from: skip68 on January 13, 2013, 10:57:50 PM
Good point Curtis.   I guess I'm just not smart enough to understand the humor.  I'm a big dummy.    :'(

I don't know why it's funny either because I've never seen it. I was even told there's a cute girl in the cast but I still haven't seen it. :shruggy:

moparstuart

sheldon is a crack up , but Amy farrah fowler (blossom)  has me rolling on the floor .

Old Moparz

Quote from: moparstuart on January 13, 2013, 09:51:16 PM
fantastic show      love it   your a moron   :nana: :nana: :nana:

:smilielol:

I don't bother much with "prime time" TV & never saw it until last spring when I was at my Dad's house. He loves the show & kept telling me about it, but I never bothered. I did think it was funny, but I still don't tune in. I'll probably catch a few of the rerun episodes late at night once it goes into syndication.   :shruggy:

As far as what's funny in it, probably the fact that there really are nerds out there like that, that just aren't aware the show pokes fun at them. To those hardcore nerds it's probably just another reality show.   :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

68X426

Somebody PLEASE explain to me what's funny about the Big Bang Theory????????????

:smilielol:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

billfury

I love it. My daughter was watching it one day and now I'm hooked. To me it's a breath of fresh air from all these reality TV shows.

XH29N0G

Quote from: skip68 on January 13, 2013, 10:57:50 PM

Or the alternative.........you are very very smart.  :shruggy:

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 14, 2013, 12:10:37 AM

As far as what's funny in it, probably the fact that there really are nerds out there like that, that just aren't aware the show pokes fun at them. To those hardcore nerds it's probably just another reality show.   :lol:

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

bobs66440

My wife and son watch it religiously. I will watch it ans occasionally laugh, but I really don't get why it's so popular.

The George Lopez Show. Now THAT was freaking hilarious! One of the best written shows ever. To me anyway...   :shruggy:

skip68

I think it just takes more to make me laugh.  I think it's just a fad that will be old soon.   Just like Justin Bieber, is she really that great of a singer or just a flash in the pan.  Don't get me wrong, that chick can sing but I don't think we'll see her 10 years from now or remember her name.  
That show reminds me of the shows my daughter watches on Disney channel.  Same simple lines.    

DC_1

Skip, better stick to watching Honey Boo Boo.....maybe that's more your speed!  ;)

moparstuart