News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help removing this

Started by Zeroman, January 26, 2013, 06:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeroman

This is one of the discharge ports on the side of my master cylinder. The rebuild kit I bought from YearOne has new ones that I'd like to use but I can't figure out how to get these old ones out. Are they pressed in? Do I shove something in that small hole and wiggle it around until the piece becomes loose?

A383Wing

I say leave it alone.....those do not come out easy...or go back in for that matter

John_Kunkel

The recommended way to remove the brass seat is to thread a self-tapping 6-32 machine screw in the hole and then use the claw end of a pry bar (or claw hammer) to pull the seat. Some rebuild kits include the screws. It's wise to remove them on a rebuild to clean out the gunk and or replace the RPV's (if installed).

Installation is easy, just thread in the fitting and use the flared end of the tubing to force the seat into place.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Zeroman

Thank you very much John. The rebuild kit did come with two small screws, I was wondering what they were for. This is very good information.

nvrbdn

dont forget to report back on how it worked out for you. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House