News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Newbie - First Charger, '68 R/T

Started by xs29bb1, January 28, 2013, 06:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xs29bb1

Hi guys -

I bought my first Charger last month - restoration just starting.  I've been reading thru this site the past couple of weeks and it seems there a lot of highly knowledgeable guys, I've learned a lot already.  I'm very much looking forward to talking w/ you guys.  I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions in the future, but I'll try and resist the urge to ask too many...  Anyway, great to be on the site.

A few points about the car (and why I'm excited about it)

For starters, it's a true triple black R/T (w/ red stripes).  There is very little rust on it and the frame rails are rock solid.  The body numbers match, but it does not have a numbers matching engine or trans.  However I did pick up a period correct engine and tranny (the engine is mid '67 and the car was built in 11/67)  It's an auto w/ the console.

What I think makes the car somewhat special is all of the options it has.  I believe the only options it doesn't have are cruise, and passenger side mirror.  I think that's it.

So some of the rarer options like power windows, power disc brakes, AC, rear seat speaker, rear defogger - it has all that.  Also has the headrests, 3-spd wipers, AM/8-track radio, power steering, the light package, 3.23 sure grip, tinted glass throughout, shoulder belts, tic-toc-tach, hood mounted turn signals, remote driver's side mirror, and the 26" radiator.

All that and a true triple black R/T.  Needless to say, I'm excited about getting this restoration moving along.  I figure there can't be that many like that out there. 

Again, great to be on the site, and I'm looking forward to meeting you guys.... and if you made it this far, thanks for reading this way too long post. 

charge69

Welcome here and it sounds like a beautiful and rare Charger!  Pics are needed and welcome! Where are you located?

tan top

hello &  welcome  :yesnod: :cheers: :cheers:  would love to see pictures sometime  :popcrn: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Dans 68

:2thumbs:  to everything about your car. Post a pic of the fender tag when you get to posting pics of your baby. Welcome aboard.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

chargerboy69

Sounds like a cool ride and welcome.

Pictures are needed as soon as possible.  :2thumbs:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

1974dodgecharger

You guys know by now when someone posts on the forum about their new ride and dont post pictures we can just close our eyes now and imagine what they are trying to tell us

So no need for pics OP none at all let me close my eyes real quick and think what you have

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

69 OUR/TEA

Welcome !!!! :cheers:

I like your taste in Chargers!!!!Good luck with the resto !!!! Hurry, the picture police are gonna be after you !!!!

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

bill440rt

Welcome to DC.com!!  :cheers: :cheers:
Your car sounds yummy.  :drool5:   Please post pics so we can begin the initiation process.  :2thumbs:  :icon_smile_wink:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

xs29bb1

I've now tried to post pics 3-4 times and it's not working....  hope to figure it out in a few minutes

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: xs29bb1 on January 28, 2013, 09:10:27 PM
I've now tried to post pics 3-4 times and it's not working....  hope to figure it out in a few minutes

They have to be under 200KB,and try this,it happens to me all the time when trying to upload pics here,after you store the pics in your files,Rename them.

xs29bb1

Thanks for the welcome guys.  I'm in the Bay Area of CA.  I'm attaching a pic of the fender tag and one of the car the night it arrived at the shop.  I hope it works.

I'll send more pics as well.

xs29bb1

Here's the car

69 OUR/TEA

Monza Spyder wheels !!!! RARE !!!!!

69 OUR/TEA

Where is Pacific Palisades as to where you are ??????

Dans 68

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on January 28, 2013, 09:17:30 PM

I believe the "Pacific Palisades" is in So. Calif, whereas the 3X black '68 R/T is in Northern Ca, my backyard. So, I do believe I will have to visit this car!   ;)

Amazing that it was not an ordered car also.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: Dans 68 on January 28, 2013, 09:22:39 PM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on January 28, 2013, 09:17:30 PM

I believe the "Pacific Palisades" is in So. Calif, whereas the 3X black '68 R/T is in Northern Ca, my backyard. So, I do believe I will have to visit this car!   ;)

Amazing that it was not an ordered car also.

Dan

Why amazing NOT an ordered car????

xs29bb1

More

xs29bb1

More - one just showing the power window buttons.

xs29bb1

another one.  If someone wants a pic of a specific part of the car, let me know - I have quite a few pics, but don't want to bombard the thread

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

charge69

Nice start! Looks to be a non-A/C model with 2-speed wipers also. Get after it and congrats on the nice find!

xs29bb1

It has AC.  The vents are there, and it's on the fender tag.  Just curious, what makes you say it doesn't?