News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fast and furious 6 Daytona

Started by chargerman69, January 29, 2013, 09:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1966hemi

Too expensive for the producers. They would rather install cheapo Chevy engines in them.

200MPH

your probably right... sucks though
Charger

mauve66

Quote from: 70Sbird on February 07, 2013, 10:51:51 AM
Quote from: Indygenerallee on February 05, 2013, 09:13:37 PM
:lol: :rofl: :smilielol: :lol: The damn thing pulls a wheelie!!!  :lol: :smilielol: :rofl: :hah: "Your nosecone is not working!"

Or the wing is set for too much downforce in the rear!
The fact that it probably has at least 25 forward gears and an infinate supply of "NOS" on board helps too....

those aero guys section are turning green with envy over that wheelie .........................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

DC_1

Still don't know if I am sold on the colour choice...

A more vibrant PRN Viper Red would have looked better IMO

pettybird

I bought the movie poster for like $25 on ebay... 2 sided, 27x40.  Daytona on both sides.

chargerman69

They use chevy 350's cause there smaller and easy to fix fast, they said it before on a show about the FF car builds

68bluegts

I wonder how many 68/69 donor cars were wrecked for this movie??
Member of old Dodge Charger website since 2000

Indygenerallee

I found a page (believe Jalopnik.com) and the "Daytona" has a LS3 Chevy engine and they stated the whole front clip is only held on with a couple clips that way they have multiple front ends on standby for wrecks, makes sense now why they grafted the fenders into the nose, really easy to change both fenders and nosecone in a few minutes. I still think they could have picked a better color! I guess it's good for the Mopar hobby even if it is a "Supertona"  :lol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

pettybird

LS3 crate=430HP.  That's more motor than I'd thought they would install!

odcics2

Quote from: Cooter on February 01, 2013, 12:59:04 PM
"Eleanor" Mustang was badass because it was today's version. Not yesterday's. Same with this Daytona. only reason it IS a Daytona is because that is one of the choices on your Laptop GT Game. Had to happen sooner or later. Will it drive prices up? Prolly not. look at the 1970 Chargers. Only thing I see driving up Charger pricing is the owners of Chargers. No kids today will be able to afford a "wing car" because they saw it in a movie. We have the pres. to thank for that. they will be working until they freaking die just to make that overpriced house payment that bank shoulda never lent them the money on.

No more "boomers" with money to burn...Ever. only filthy rich and well, just filthy poor.

There ya go, blaming the President for your problems....     :shruggy:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Baldwinvette77

I was reading an article by topgear and apparently there was only 1 daytona made... ""A lot of the cars for the Fast & Furious movies we build ourselves, from scratch. For example, the Dodge Daytona in Fast 6 started as a rust-bucket; a $5,000 car that we pared down, sandblasted and rebuilt.""

As for the engines  ""For most of the cars that we build - the Daytona, Jensen, flip cars, Mustangs, stunt cars - we ran with a 500bhp Chevy LS3 V8 motor. And all the cars used this same motor, transmission and differential, so everything was interchangeable." Dennis pauses, as if to pre-empt my next question. "Believe me, 500bhp is more than enough for what we're doing, but yes, we do have the occasional hero cars that we've sourced from friends or that we've rented. The white Mustang you see is actually an 850bhp car, and the hero car in this movie is running close to 600bhp.""

""We have the Dodge Daytona, basically the NASCAR version of the Charger you see in all the other films, which is for the character Dom. Dom also drives a Hemi-powered 1970 Barracuda""

dom also has a cuda!... which probably also gets destroyed.... F**K

tan top

:scratchchin: not a hemi block either  , looks like a wedge block & fuel pump  :yesnod: no cross bolted mains

:P
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Baldwinvette77

It's probably a plastic mock-up replica anyway  :rofl:

70Sbird

My niece is on spring break down in Orlando this week and was at Universal studios over the weekend and took a couple of pictures for her "favorite" uncle!
Here she is standing by the F&F Daytona and even snapped a pic of the display plaque with the car. Info says it has a 6.4 crate motor, viper 6-speed and Moser 9" rear. Also claims a RMS front and rear suspension!
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Scott Faulkner

DC_1

maxwellwedge

Quote from: tan top on March 31, 2013, 01:54:32 PM
:scratchchin: not a hemi block either  , looks like a wedge block & fuel pump  :yesnod: no cross bolted mains

:P

Good eye TT.....also looks like a 2 nipple 383 fuel pump.

pettybird

Quote from: tan top on March 31, 2013, 01:54:32 PM

That's funny.  I got to the blue plug wires and figured it was a crate engine that they'd borrowed...

mauve66

Quote from: 70Sbird on April 01, 2013, 08:58:11 AM
My niece is on spring break down in Orlando this week and was at Universal studios over the weekend and took a couple of pictures for her "favorite" uncle!
Here she is standing by the F&F Daytona and even snapped a pic of the display plaque with the car. Info says it has a 6.4 crate motor, viper 6-speed and Moser 9" rear. Also claims a RMS front and rear suspension!

so at least it didn't get destroyed this time :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: 70Sbird on April 01, 2013, 08:58:11 AM

They did use coil over kits in the front of the charger is fast five, maybe they carried it over, and slide brakes are a given, but the rest is most likely BS  :lol:

mauve66

she should of popped the hood to verify
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Daytona Guy

I knew there was something wrong with the front end - maybe this was already brought up - but they shortened the fenders and the hood - The pseudo HEMI is a 440 block - look at the motor mount casting ??

Dane

Daytona Guy

They must have sectioned it back to the radiator support. He hood is a dead giveaway.

Dane

hotrod98

Looks like they shortened the car by about a foot. Looks a lot better than I would have thought. There was a car in one of the magazines a few years ago that had been shortened at the front and the rear. Seems like it was a Charger. Just remember that it looked pretty good.
I would like to see this car in person so that I could take better pics to help when I shorten my fenders and hood on my Daytona clone that I'm starting on. They might have used a fiberglass hood but I'll just shorten my steel hood. I'll have to shorten my steel nose some as well. I'll extend the fenders down instead of using a valance like the original Daytona version and then just build a center valance panel similar to the one on my bird. I don't plan to weld the nose to my fenders though. Doesn't look good in my opinion. Plus it's a pain to disassemble later.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

remta1

[

The fact that it probably has at least 25 forward gears and an infinate supply of "NOS" on board helps too....
[/quote]