News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 caster mount plans

Started by The Ghoul, February 14, 2006, 10:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghoul

I got a fiew questions on the caster mounts I made so I threw together some plans. sorry I dont have autocad on this computer so here are the MS paint plans. the dim's are what I used for mine so if you have something other than the casters im using you will need to change the dims so you are not scraping uneven ground !!!
Ive been using these now for 3 years and the only complaint I have on them is that the casters i used are inflatible and very big. they are great for going over rocks and gravel drive way but do not swivel that well. these mouts are made to bolt to the front and rear bumper mounting areas. you will need hardwear for bolting the rear to the shell but the fronts you can use the bumper bolts and washers.
lemme know if i screwed up and dont know it.
there are also some pics of the finished products.
enjoy

The Ghoul

more

The Ghoul

and the lasts

ipstrategies

Thanks for taking the time to draw these plans up. I  will print them and get to work.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

The Ghoul

Quote from: ipstrategies on February 14, 2006, 10:55:17 PM
Thanks for taking the time to draw these plans up. I am will print them and get to work.
no prob.
I had delusions of making a bunch of them and selling them but with my limited tools, it would be more of a hassel than its worth... so if any one goes into mass production and makes big money off of them.... throw me a couple hundred and its all good  :icon_smile_big:

ipstrategies

cudaeh
I have a customer of mine that builds custom printers to print on plastic (he uses casters similar to your and lots of scap tubing. He has the tools to do this and has offered to help me. I will see how it goes time wise and if we can build a few and it can be done cheap enough we can talk about selling them. I think it is a great plan, he mentioned make the main posts adjustable with pins so is can be raised some or lowered.

Russ
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

The Ghoul

well if you get rich hook it up.
or when you want a set of speaker sail painnels for the intirror and want to know how to mass produce those  :devil:

doctorpimp

Quote from: cudaeh on February 15, 2006, 10:22:22 PM
or when you want a set of speaker sail painnels for the intirror and want to know how to mass produce those  :devil:

Thanks for the plans!
I saw your sig pic and was going to do the same as yours, you saved me the measuring  ;D

What are these speaker sail panels you speak of?????
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

The Ghoul

thats my next project  ;D
I have alot of body work to get done first before I move on to the intirror stuff.
When I first got the car I started playing with the intirror plastics basically priming and sanding them untill they were smooth insted of the wrinkle pattern. I dont like how dull speakers sound when they are in the rear deck pannel (between the back seat and rear window. so using a fiberglass process that I learned and have been playing around with sence I was going to take the rear sail pannels (intirror piece thats beind the rear 1/4 window that is normaly made of cardbord made to cover the area between the roof lining and the upper intirror panels) and graft speakers into them, angled forward that is.  I am going to do the same and graft some into the door lower pannels as well.

doctorpimp

That sounds really cool!
Keep me informed!
:apimp:

Charger1973

Quote from: The Ghoul on February 21, 2006, 09:32:42 PM
I have alot of body work to get done first before I move on to the intirror stuff.
When I first got the car I started playing with the intirror plastics basically priming and sanding them untill they were smooth insted of the wrinkle pattern. I dont like how dull speakers sound when they are in the rear deck pannel (between the back seat and rear window. so using a fiberglass process that I learned and have been playing around with sence I was going to take the rear sail pannels (intirror piece thats beind the rear 1/4 window that is normaly made of cardbord made to cover the area between the roof lining and the upper intirror panels) and graft speakers into them, angled forward that is.  I am going to do the same and graft some into the door lower pannels as well.

Id like to see pics of the panels sanded down.  Will that work for panels that are dryed out or do you need decent panels to start with?

The Ghoul

Quote from: charger1973 on March 13, 2006, 05:37:12 PM
Quote from: The Ghoul on February 21, 2006, 09:32:42 PM

Id like to see pics of the panels sanded down.  Will that work for panels that are dryed out or do you need decent panels to start with?
sorry, kinda lost track of this thread.
the process will work for any pannel that you can clean enough to get good adheasion between the first primer layer and the pannel.  I like to use auotmotive wax stripper before I lay on the first coat of primer.. It does a great job of stripping away all the oils... Im not too sure how die will affect it. I will post pics tonight of the primed pannels.

The Ghoul

here is a pic of the a piller cover and kicker pannel.
you can see a little yellow around the edges... I have not yet did the finnishing prime.. I figgued I would do that when I paint them.
I went thru about 5 cans of high build primer for the first a piller so I switched to a quort of automotive primer and a pint brush.. that worked out much better and I have noticed no cracks or any thing over the 2 years that these have been done.  :icon_smile_big:
I just cant wate untill my car is to the intirror stage.

doctorpimp

Quote from: The Ghoul on March 30, 2006, 05:00:33 PM
here is a pic of the a piller cover and kicker pannel.
you can see a little yellow around the edges... I have not yet did the finnishing prime.. I figgued I would do that when I paint them.
I went thru about 5 cans of high build primer for the first a piller so I switched to a quort of automotive primer and a pint brush.. that worked out much better and I have noticed no cracks or any thing over the 2 years that these have been done.  :icon_smile_big:
I just cant wate untill my car is to the intirror stage.
:ahum: :wave:
PICS?

The Ghoul

ooops sorry

The Ghoul

lets bump this
I have recently had a fiew questions on these mounts.
I am just glad this thread hasnt been lost forever!!

73chargers4404