News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WHY is it so damn difficult to post pics here????

Started by tcs69rt, February 06, 2013, 11:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcs69rt

That trunk pad or carpet post / question took me 4x to get on this board. The size is always under 200KB yet I receive "This post has already been submitted", when it has not. I rename the photo numerous times as well. I have walked away from this forum & computer after loading some cool pics that never "took". I have searched on here numerous times to see what I am doing wrong, had computer geeks look at my methods to posting and they see nothing wrong....what gives? I'm not pissed, jusr concerned, educate me, thanks! TC
:brickwall:
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

Cooter

That's Why Many here just use an offsite set up to post pics like Photobucket.

One of your pics "took" in your other thread....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

maxwellwedge

If the pic name already exists on the board - or if you hit the "back" button to re-try.....it wont work.  You need to start fresh and rename the pic something else.

472 R/T SE

:iagree:   What Jim said.

What I've found is...

When your photo is too big or needs to be renamed you need to copy whatever you've wrote in the subject box & refresh.  Basically just starting all over again, go all the way back to re-clicking said thread.

All forums have little quirks.

This is really a minor issue compared to what we used to have to go through when Jessie owned the forum.

If you decide to go the Photobucket, picture hosting service, I've put together a little tutorial if you'd like to see it...if you're having issues with it too.

cdr

i use my facebook page as a photo host! it works great & i dont have to resize them.under the I above all the smiley faces there is a box,click on box & insert image info.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Mytur Binsdirti

While we're on the subject, how do I access the photos that I have already uploaded?  :shruggy:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Plenty of pic Q & A here in the site help desk area....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

68CoronetRT

"IMG.../img" is your best friend. With the [ ] and [ ] at the end of img  ;)

tcs69rt

Thanks all for the suggestions I will use my photobucket acct.

TC
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

ACUDANUT

I guess I am a computer idiot, none have worked for me.  I always had to have someone help me.

charger490

472 R/T SE

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 07, 2013, 02:51:43 PM
I guess I am a computer idiot, none have worked for me.  I always had to have someone help me.

Do you have pictures downloaded anywhere on the internet?

Lord Warlock

I got a neat tool with my photo editing software that allows you to specify the size, i found it worth enough to buy the updated software just for that one feature, (PhotoImpact 10) however, it is much much easier to use photobucket and just link the photos here from that location instead.  I can explain that process if you need it. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

JB400

I'm a cheapskate and just use the Paint program.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 13, 2013, 06:42:08 PM
I'm a cheapskate and just use the Paint program.
Nothing wrong with that, I use the same thing.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Charger RT

Go to this site. http://tinypic.com/ browse your computer for the picture. use the drop down to pick message board. Then hit upload. After its been uploaded to their site copy the link and paste it on this site.
Tim