News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

center console

Started by willy c, February 15, 2013, 03:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willy c

I have a center console with the part# 2656306. it is a 2 piece part. the short section behind the console lid is a separate piece. Does anyone know what this is out of?
Thanks,
Willy C.

ODZKing

willy c

willy c

It won't let me post a pic. How do i do it
Willy C

kab69440

The short two-piece console is a '67. In '66 the tail went all the way between the rear seats. In '68-'70 the shell was a thinner one piece plastic body.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

8WHEELER

Those console's came out in 66 and 67 non charger cars. They look exactly the same as the one piece unit, but
that back bolt on piece is thicker and better plastic, I wish the 68-70 console's were as well made as the early units  :rotz:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

mikeydf14

Quote from: 8WHEELER on February 16, 2013, 03:01:30 AM
Those console's came out in 66 and 67 non charger cars. They look exactly the same as the one piece unit, but
that back bolt on piece is thicker and better plastic, I wish the 68-70 console's were as well made as the early units  :rotz:

Dan
You got that right 8wheeler!  The very back console top was the grab and push handle to get in and out of the Charger backseat.  Mine and most all others are cracked and I have to re-fix it again.   :brickwall:

8WHEELER

Quote from: mikeydf14 on February 16, 2013, 08:09:19 AM
Quote from: 8WHEELER on February 16, 2013, 03:01:30 AM
Those consoles came out in 66 and 67 non charger cars. They look exactly the same as the one piece unit, but
that back bolt on piece is thicker and better plastic, I wish the 68-70 consoles were as well made as the early units  :rotz:

Dan
You got that right 8wheeler!  The very back console top was the grab and push handle to get in and out of the Charger backseat.  Mine and most all others are cracked and I have to re-fix it again.   :brickwall:

:yesnod:  Yep, broke my original one in 1980 '' the way you did''  ;D  several years later I restored one of
those sturdy two piece console's. About 10 years later I wanted to be back to the original, put a restored
one piece unit in the car, two years later just barely put my had on the one piece unit and CRACK, it
is still in there, feel like throwing the two piece unit back in   :yesnod: :yesnod:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

willy c

Thanks everyone for the info.
Willy C