News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GER converters

Started by RD, February 16, 2006, 12:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

whats the skinny?  good/bad, loose/tight?  10" 3500 for sale for 100 bux, good deal/bad deal?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

firefighter3931

Jamey, heard lots of negative reviews on GER converters....enough to know i wouldn't run one in my car. Stick with Turbo Action, Dynamic or PTC. Especially for what you've got planned !  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

I'd add that I've heard nothing else but bad reviews about them.  Not a single positive comment ever.  Like Ron mentioned, there are a number of very good converter choices who can hook you up.

Runner

i know 2 people that are happy with thiers.  some of them are way tight, some are way loose and most are junk.

im not a big ptc fan, not becasue of thier converters but becasue of a piece of crap turbo 400 they built for a friend of mine on my sugestion becasue they are the "rave" over at moparts.  the thing never shifted right, and burned up within a 1000 miles.  im no tranny guy but the 400 i put together for it is still fine.

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six