News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new E-bay Paypal scam

Started by 'CUDA360, February 16, 2006, 02:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'CUDA360

Maybe this isn't new but It's the first time I have seen it.  Basicly, a new E-mail arrives saying it is a receipt from Paypal for some woman's underwear!! I guess I was supposed to get all mad and hit the reply button and give them all my password information.

I just cleared out my files and cookies and replied with some nonsense madeup info and it took me to a real looking paypal site asking to retype my info again!!

I reported it to Paypal but they probably get those bogus scams all the time.

Good luck getting any of my bank account info you B@stards!!!   I have $2.71 in it right now....

NICE TRY!!!!! 

Telvis

Those things are becoming more and more common. I have been getting one asking if my item is still for sale. They never mention the item name. The item description and number don't show up in the email anywhere. If those thieves spent as much time and effort doing something legitimate they might actually become sucessful at something.

moparsons

I got one last week saying that if i didn't "confirm" my info. my account would be cancelled.
Fn scammers!!!!

SeattleCharger

Quote from: moparsons on February 16, 2006, 06:52:42 PM
I got one last week saying that if i didn't "confirm" my info. my account would be cancelled.
Fn scammers!!!!

No doubt, I get those in my reg. email about once a week, thing is, I never had a paypal in the first place, but it does look sort of official, prob. fools a lot of people.   

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

AKcharger

Just forward any bogus email from "ebay" or "paypal" to spoof@ebay.com or spoof@paypal.com. They can track down the origin of the phished email and hopefully prosecute. (in our dreams, right!)
Make sure you forward the entire email, don't cut and paste because they need the IP info from the email and that's imebedded in the email somewhere.

TruckDriver

I got that one a few weeks ago. I never keep more then 100. at a time in my account unless I plan on using it as soon as the money shows in my account. That way, if they do hack in my account, no one will get much.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69bananabeast

saw one paypal scam awhile back and it had like a list of 10 people on it  that you're suppose to send a $1 and then you put your name on the bottom of the list and send it out. Some how your spose to make thousands of dollars off of this.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

AKcharger