News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who wants to Megasquirt, full sequential fuel/ spark a 68 charger! This Guy!!

Started by redmist, February 24, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redmist

I ended up using the 02 sensor that came with my AEM Wideband. It's a Bosch 4 were of some sort!
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

redmist

Oh,

I have an update to the system!!!!

I have now successfully made a "Check engine light" through the MS3X and have a lite on my dash. I can have it illuminate full, or flash codes. I have also switched my fan control from the standalone unit to the MS3X. I can now make my fan run for a set amount of time after shut down, as well as activate it based on parameters within the MS3X.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

MechTech

Hi Peterro  
this part is unfinished  it's   3/16" thick the finished  part  will have  the  missing  tooth and a 1/16" undercut where the  pulley mounts. The undercuts purpose  is to  allow  both  trigger  wheel  and pulley to pilot on the dampener   so it will offset the pulley  1/8"

MechTech

I didn't know it could do that redmist, that sounds like another fun project. It's amazing all of the different things this MS3 controller will do. A couple of other projects on my list are fuel & Oil pressure so that I can datalog them while doing 1/4 mile runs. As far as the O2 sensor I've been using the Innovate LC-2 they can be found on EBay for around $160 and are pretty easy to wire up.

redmist

Mechtech,

I used the Inj1 output for a CEL light. It's found under the Canbus/testmodes menu. Here is a screen shot of what it looks like. These are not my settings however, I just selected some for the picture.

peterro

That CEL config is cool. There's still a lot I have to learn in that software.

For the O2 sensor, would any GM unit be a good solution? I really like the wrecking yard prices to keep my budget low for now. Likely the donor isn't in the yard because of a failed sensor.

I'm prepping all my parts for when my shop becomes free of theater sets in the next month. I'll have a few weeks before the sets from the next show arrive to work on the car. I'm making a number of large orders today. Should be Christmas again soon.

MechTech

Hi peterro
I'm  not  an expert on O2 sensors. I do know  the Innovate model has a controller that  connect es to it. What that does I'm not sure  but I think it   controls  the heating  element   in the  O2 sensor. I do know from experience  how important  the O2 sensor is to troubleshooting  various conditions and having the gage that comes with the O2 sensor right  in your  face is also very helpfull. One of the conditions  that you  will likely  experience  is when  you pull away and  it bogs    you'll  be able  to look at the gage and see that it just leaned out. This is one of the first  things I put on my car while  going down  the EFI  road. I could  see what the carburetor  was doing an how much gas is being wasted 

peterro

After doing some reading, I think I'll go hunting for some heated sensors off of some GM product.

On another note, this may be a dumb question but oh well. I got a set of injectors from a 5.7L Hemi Durango. They're the proper flow rating for what I need but What I haven't been seen is that if these will fit properly into my manifold/fuel rails. I have the same Edelbrock Pro Flow manifold as redmist and mechtech. Are there diameter differences or reasons they wouldn't work? Are most injectors physically interchangeable (aside from flow needs)?

Packages are starting to arrive. I love getting good stuff in the mail.

Thanks

ELLIOT

Hi Man !

Love your build ! I send you a private message with some questions ;) Don't know if you received it correctly ?  :yesnod:
Don't look back, I might be gaining on you.
The Mayhem project will begin in 2015
B-body Rules !

MechTech

As far as I know the differences are in the height of the injectors the connector type and fuel rates. I'm looking forward to seeing your build.

peterro

Sweet!. Yeah, I'll post some pictures when I start working on it even though it's not a Charger  :icon_smile_big:. A bunch of goodies showed up this last week. Fuel regulator, pump, throttle body, a bunch of fittings, wiring, relay board etc.

I currently have a ton of sets in my shop for my kids theater production that will be moving out at the beginning of March. Then I'll pull it out to put the O2 bungs in the exhaust and start working before the next round of sets shows up for spring. I'll see how much I can get done before then.

On your fuel sender, I saw what you intended to to, but I was wondering how you disconnected/reconnected the sender wire through your new custom piece. I have a spare sender and it looks like the wire is sort of riveted through and is a one-time install?

Thanks again for the R&D.

grnfsh

Quote from: peterro on February 10, 2015, 10:33:16 AM
Very cool. Is that intended to be sandwiched between the pulley and the balancer or ?? I'm thinking about belt alignment.

Also another question to redmist. What O2 sensor type/style did you use? I may have missed it in the original conversation.

Thanks.

Peterro, Belt alignment was my concern as well. I was thinking of sandwiching the trigger wheel then thought it would cause more problems than it would be worth and reverted back to the weld on solution. I'm all ears if there is a better way.

grnfsh

Quote from: sdconcepts on February 02, 2015, 06:18:02 PM
I've been trying to reply to this thread, lets see if this works.  I'm trying to post pics of the adapters so everyone can see them.   this is for the RB,  we also make them for small block and the b engine blocks as well.  price is $35.00 plus shipping.  these have been hot this week I've got some left. 

that's a nice looking piece, I like how you solved the hold down problem.

grnfsh

Does anyone have an extra pig tale end for the Jeep CPS? Or have a part number where I can buy one from a parts store. I have the CPS itself that I bought new from Rockauto but can't seem to find the pig tale/other end clip.

shawge

peterro

Hey redmist,

My question may have been missed so I'll ask again. On your fuel sender, I saw what you intended to to, but I was wondering how you disconnected/reconnected the sender wire through your new custom piece. I have a spare sender and it looks like the wire is sort of riveted through and is a one-time install?

Also, I've been looking for a generic bulkhead electrical connector that wouldn't leak. Anyone have a source?

Thanks again.

grnfsh

Question about wire harnesses.

When using MS3X and the Relay panel. Ill need 3 wire harnesses. One for the MS3X, one to go from the MS3 to the relay, and then one coming out of the relay?

Is that correct?

redmist

You are correct...

However I would skip the relay board and build your own. It will be a much better product in my mind. I ditched my relay board and just used my own relays. Everything else was hard wired. I feel it's a much more robust setup.

grnfsh

Quote from: redmist on March 16, 2015, 10:56:51 AM
You are correct...

However I would skip the relay board and build your own. It will be a much better product in my mind. I ditched my relay board and just used my own relays. Everything else was hard wired. I feel it's a much more robust setup.

Cool thanks for the advice. That'll save a few bucks as well.

MechTech

Hi all
I used this relay board from Summit Racing. Its easy to wire, the instructions that come with it says the ground wire connects to the blue terminal strip which works fine for the fuel pump because the wire for the fuel pump from the MS3 is pulled to ground. If you want to use one relay to run a cooling fan just run the ground wire through the temp switch and then to the blue terminal strip on the relay board. 
Summit Racing Part Number: ARC-1440

redmist

I like that solution MechTech!

Here is how my panel ended up looking.

I fired the car yesterday with the new wiring. I rewired the entire car, and installed new gauges, Aeromotive Phantom fuel system, Ron Francis fuse panel and wiring kit. It fired right up, and sounds better than I remember. My voltage is much more rock steady now at 14.5 v.

I also put the battery in the trunk.

Here is a short video of the car with it's new wires running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiuyqoPjWWU

MechTech

redmist
That dash is beautiful and so is the relay fuse panel. That Charger sounds sweet what cam are you running?

redmist