News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who wants to Megasquirt, full sequential fuel/ spark a 68 charger! This Guy!!

Started by redmist, February 24, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grnfsh

MechTech

redmist
I watched your video and saw that you were idling at the same rpm I do and the lope sounded similar and I thought you must be running a cam similar to mine. I run a solid lift Racer Brown cam with .520 lift

redmist

I think that cam is dang close to mine! I get compliments on the sound everywhere I go....

Nobody tries to race me at lights either.  :icon_smile_big:
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: redmist on March 18, 2015, 05:21:57 PM
I like that solution MechTech!

Here is how my panel ended up looking.

I fired the car yesterday with the new wiring. I rewired the entire car, and installed new gauges, Aeromotive Phantom fuel system, Ron Francis fuse panel and wiring kit. It fired right up, and sounds better than I remember. My voltage is much more rock steady now at 14.5 v.

I also put the battery in the trunk.

Here is a short video of the car with it's new wires running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiuyqoPjWWU

Looks and sounds awesome redmist!  :drool5:

Do you have any photos of the aeromotive phantom system installed. Did you modify the tank so the inlet/outlets clear the floor or just use the foam spacers? I've been wanting to use this setup on my 69 but not sure how I want to run the lines.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

redmist

I was going to cut and weld a drop in the tank, but before I did that, I figured I would try to hammer a corner down on top of the tank...  :rofl:

IT WORKED!

I just slowly hammered a corner down flat, and installed the pump.

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

WHITE AND RED 69

Not bad! I was thinking cut and drop it down an inch or two but that looks way easier. I've been worried about how close the tank straps would come to the return line but it looks like it would clear it no problem.

How do you like it quality and performance wise? Was the install as easy as they show on the videos they put out? Also how did you run the fuel lines? I'm not sure if I want to keep the steel lines or go with braided PTFE hose?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

redmist

Install was easy yes... I will be honest, I worked that corner for a long time! It may have been easier to cut and weld. I figured if it didn't work out, I will just cut and weld it out!  :smilielol:

So far it's performing great!

fy469rtse

dang,
do you know how many times i have printed off this thread to re read it over to learn from you , and you keep adding to it , re print  :lol:
nah all good keep posting , accumilating the parts for my future up grade on next engine ? :2thumbs:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

MechTech

Hi All
I'm having a couple of these trigger wheels made. They are designed to go behind the pulley. They are 3/16 thick with a 1/16 undercut which allows both the wheel and pulley to pilot on the front of the damper. If anyone is seriously interested let me know

peterro

Cool, so that makes a 1/8" offset for the belts? How much will they be?

MechTech

Hi Peterro that's right it should only be 1/8" offset. I apologize for being vague about the price. It cost me $43 to have 1 made then I have to do some machine work to it. I am trying to see what the interest will be, the more I have made at a time the lower the price. Right now it looks like $65 plus shipping. I don't have one on hand at the moment.

peterro

Thanks. Sounds like the cam sensor/distributor adapter I had made for the same reason. The first one was $125 but they said if I had 50 made they would be around $10. I ended up going with the shop that's now making them for $35.

I was about to pre-assemble the manifold last night and found that the mounting holes for the TB don't match the manifold. The dimension between the top two bolts and the bottom two bolts are different on the manifold but the same on the TB. Not sure which is correct. I've ontacted the TB seller and will contact Edelbrock on Monday. Just more frustration.

grnfsh

Quote from: MechTech on March 25, 2015, 10:16:32 PM
Hi All
I'm having a couple of these trigger wheels made. They are designed to go behind the pulley. They are 3/16 thick with a 1/16 undercut which allows both the wheel and pulley to pilot on the front of the damper. If anyone is seriously interested let me know

Looks cool, I am trying to get a few options worked out but If they don't work out ill definitely be interested.

grnfsh

Ok since we are talking wiring has anyone considered the Infinity box? http://infinitybox.com/products/ (they used to call themselves ISIS but most likely changed their name for obvious reasons)

Stormin

I looked into using their equipment, which is very nice and user friendly, however it is very pricey.

I found some electronics manufactures that would sell universal CAN bus modules that were programmable with open source software. It would require some electronic knowledge to make them function properly.

Another option is Arduino or Raspberry Pi, these are open source controllers. There are several forums devoted to these devices and I believe I have seen some automotive usage.

grnfsh

You're right it looks great but pricey. I'm not 100% positive I know what all it does either. does the infinity stuff replace your wire harness all together?

Stormin

The purpose of the ISIS system is to replace your conventional chassis/body electrical system with the ISIS system. It allows the electrical system to work similar to a modern vehicle where switches/inputs are not carrying large amounts of current but instead just signals that are processed by the module and the module controls the output.

With the ISIS system you can have delay headlamps, retained accy power, remote start and whatever you desire for electrical control.

This system is not designed for engine management. You can interface the engine management system with the ISIS system such as fuel pump control.

Norm

peterro

I just talked with Edelbrock and they said that the different measurements (left-right) on the top and bottom of the TB mount holes are by design and made to work with THIER TB. Is that the case on the others who have used this manifold? Did I purchase the wrong (cheap ebay) TB? I would have thought that there was a standard bolt pattern.

Thanks

MechTech

Hi peterro
My car is being mini tubbed right now so I cant check the measurements. I don't recall an issue with that, my TB came from Ross Machine Racing.

grnfsh

Yeah I realize that, but we were on topic of Redmist rewiring his entire car. Which is why I brought up the ISIS

Quote from: Stormin on March 30, 2015, 09:39:54 AM
The purpose of the ISIS system is to replace your conventional chassis/body electrical system with the ISIS system. It allows the electrical system to work similar to a modern vehicle where switches/inputs are not carrying large amounts of current but instead just signals that are processed by the module and the module controls the output.

With the ISIS system you can have delay headlamps, retained accy power, remote start and whatever you desire for electrical control.

This system is not designed for engine management. You can interface the engine management system with the ISIS system such as fuel pump control.

Norm

grnfsh

Quote from: MechTech on March 30, 2015, 06:09:33 PM
Hi peterro
My car is being mini tubbed right now so I cant check the measurements. I don't recall an issue with that, my TB came from Ross Machine Racing.

Redmist used an Ebay TB so it you should be able to work it out.

redmist

Quote from: grnfsh on March 30, 2015, 07:56:45 PM
Quote from: MechTech on March 30, 2015, 06:09:33 PM
Hi peterro

Redmist used an Ebay TB so it you should be able to work it out.

Yup...  I turned the E-bay holes into ovals. Worked great. Made my own gasket.

peterro

Thanks. I was pretty surprised to find that Edelbrock made their manifold proprietary. Time to break out the drill.