News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who wants to Megasquirt, full sequential fuel/ spark a 68 charger! This Guy!!

Started by redmist, February 24, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

MedPhys

I think this is the right idea.  If we can make it worthwhile to make a run and ensure they are all bought, then it will surely make this more appealing to redmist's company.  While I don't want more than two,  I'd certainly buy more to get this going.

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

redmist

Alright.....   :icon_smile_big:

So, It looks like we may go ahead and do a small run of these. I am going to see what is clearing the 8-axis, and see if we can slug a few of these out real fast. The guys are thinking we are going to blank them out, send them out for anodizing, and then bring them back in for engraving or something cool like that.

Let me work on this a little, and I will keep you guys updated.   :cheers:
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

68CoronetRT

I'd be in for 1 as well. Starting to talk about a full MS setup on my car.  :2thumbs:

GPULLER

MedPhys

MS will be easy for the rest of us once redmist posts his .MSQ

Things to note about MS for those that are going to give it a go.  Every car is different, even if they have the same setup.  Someone elses map/msq (lingo for entire tune)  can be a good starting point to tweak from, but you never want to flash a new map and drive full tilt without some testing.  The tunerstudio learning curve is steep, but rewarding. They are constantly improving the software and firmware.  More and more autotune features are coming out.  As soon as the GPS sensor stuff gets worked out I think there will even be some spark autotuning. As is, just tuning from logs with a knock sensor is a great tool.  It's hard to beat autotuning fuel to a desired AFR.

I hate to say it, but carbs are a thing of the past.  (just my opinion)

Dino

I would ditch my carb today if there was an affordable bolt on system that did what this one does.  I drive my car plenty but it would take me forever to get my investment back, however I think a system like this is the only way to go.

I'm real interested to hear what the mileage is with this setup.

MedPhys

I've got a guy on another forum that builds the MS3x for people. It costs about $200 more than the diy kit, but it's professionally built, tested, and ready to go.  If redmist is willing to post his outputs.  We could use this as the base spec to have them built.

I have built a diypnp, and I had this guy build my MS3x.  By the time you buy the extra stuff to test it yourself, and put it together.  The extra cost to have it built is minimal.  And he adds the second baro sensor for realtime baro correction.  You can get him to add the seq injection module, knock sensor module, and realtime clock. 

Dino

I realize more tuning is always in order and that's absolutely fine but how much are we talking here to have it ready to bolt on?    $3K range? 

MedPhys

For the MS3x prebuilt by someone that does it all the time. ~ $750 for the computer, ~$150 for a WB02, ~$30 for an IAT sensor

You can also by them prebuilt from diyautotune.com, but it will cost a little more.  You also buy the diy kits there.

MSextra.com is a good place to go to look at the MS3x manual  http://msextra.com/doc/index.html  scroll towards bottom.

We may need to create an MS3x thread.  i don't want to side track the build thread, but I guess the info is still relevant.

MedPhys

Or

MS3-Pro $1199

pre-built with all the expansion cards built in.  http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/ms3pro-standalone-ecu-with-839-wiring-harness-p-538.html

I see no need for this unless you want to pay for minimizing hassle, but it would make life super easy.  All output adjustments would be made from the software. just tell it what is connected to each output.

Prebuilt MS3x, but not wired to your specific application.  $645 (options that you install yourself +$86 for knock module, +$65 for real time clock )

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/megasquirtiii-ems-system-with-ms3x-expansion-v357-assembled-p-435.html

You can also use this to control an electronic overdrive trans :)

Dino

Thanks for all that information.   :2thumbs:

I'll have some reading to do tonight.   :yesnod:

redmist

I will post my MSQ file some time this weekend when I get out to the car. As it has been stated above, each individual setup is different, and my tune may not work for your hardware. However if you want to replicate what I did, it's a good starting point.

Also I have yet to tune my VE table in the higher RPM range, so it's still default and smooth, but it will let people play with it.   :yesnod:
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

rockitier350

looking to do a kenne bell supercharged 440 can you make up a intake and efi for that I wanna keep my hood closed on my 68
1968 charger restoration in progress
t56 built by rpm transmission
636 hemi
14-71 stage 2 bds blower
1225hp supercharged
0 gas mileage

grnfsh

Quote from: redmist on July 25, 2013, 05:22:02 PM
Alright.....   :icon_smile_big:

So, It looks like we may go ahead and do a small run of these. I am going to see what is clearing the 8-axis, and see if we can slug a few of these out real fast. The guys are thinking we are going to blank them out, send them out for anodizing, and then bring them back in for engraving or something cool like that.

Let me work on this a little, and I will keep you guys updated.   :cheers:

Awesome, I'm definitely in for at least one. Keep us posted. You da man!

MedPhys

Here is the response I received from a guy that is a wizard at building these things.  He has built many for the miata community and others all over the world.

"I only do fully assembled, fully tested (and I do mean FULLY tested) units. Nothing else.

I have a new unit that will hit the market in early September. Looks like the other Basic MS3s I do, but has two 35-way sealed connectors.

Like I said, it has the same functionality (or even a little more) like an MS3-Pro, only cheaper and in a high-quality, aluminum anodized box.

Should sell for ~$900.

Dimitris"

mauve66

Quote from: rockitier350 on July 27, 2013, 12:01:34 AM
looking to do a kenne bell supercharged 440 can you make up a intake and efi for that I wanna keep my hood closed on my 68

i asked KB why they only did new mopar stuff and they said there wasn't a market for old stuff :brickwall: :brickwall:
the only other option is a procharger, but it takes up alot of space unless you move the battery to the trunk
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

redmist

Here is my current .MSQ file, as well as a log file from today should you want to play with the logging function.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iuc3ndwwea0yhpg/distro-2013-07-28_18.50.44.msq

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hm01spzjp49u7t/2013-07-28_17.15.48.msl

I will be posting a fun video here in a little bit.   :drool5:  :cheers:

MedPhys

redmist

Ryan

Quote from: mauve66 on July 28, 2013, 02:48:13 PM
Quote from: rockitier350 on July 27, 2013, 12:01:34 AM

i asked KB why they only did new mopar stuff and they said there wasn't a market for old stuff :brickwall: :brickwall:
the only other option is a procharger, but it takes up alot of space unless you move the battery to the trunk

There is a 68 Hemi charger with one of the big KB units on it. He took an old 8-71 manifold and milled the top off then made a new top plate for the KB to bolt to. Seems to be up and running. Not sure what kind of power it made. Only downside I see is that they did not make any kind of intercooler or heat exchanger.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

70SublimeSuperbee

Hey redmist Awesome progress on the 68 Charger !!! Ive been watching  :popcrn: this post and Its Bad to the Bone  :icon_smile_cool: Don't forget I will buy 1 or 2 of those adapters if you get a chance I pm'd you back in april about them .  :2thumbs: Your videos are Awesome :coolgleamA: Keep it up  :2thumbs: Thanks

Budnicks

Quote from: redmist on July 28, 2013, 10:26:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD_2qB9XnNs

Very cool video  :cheers: , Sounds great too... I like the instant response & the way you put the gauges on top in the video... well done  :2thumbs:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks