News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who wants to Megasquirt, full sequential fuel/ spark a 68 charger! This Guy!!

Started by redmist, February 24, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igozumn

A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

MechTech

Hi igozumn
I had already placed the order for 2, I should be able to increase the order.  Originally they said they would be done on the 18th then I have a little work to do on them.

grnfsh

Quote from: MechTech on April 02, 2015, 05:32:33 PM
Hi igozumn
I had already placed the order for 2, I should be able to increase the order.  Originally they said they would be done on the 18th then I have a little work to do on them.

question on those trigger wheels.

Do they come with a sensor mount? that's my biggest hurdle right now.

MechTech

Hi grnfsh
Ross Machine Racing is working on one it will match the trigger wheel I have. Its designed to use this Hall sensor on diyautotune. I'll keep you posted

peterro

Stupid plumbing question here. Fuel rails are 8an o-ring style? Also, did you use a male 8an o-ring/ 3/8 NPT male-male adapter for the fuel regulator? If so, where did you find one?

I also got my new valve covers to mount the coil brackets and see that the filler holes aren't as close to the end as yours so the stock coil bracket won't fit on the rest of the cover. I guess I'll have to come up with something a bit more custom.

grnfsh

Quote from: peterro on April 12, 2015, 04:54:52 PM
Stupid plumbing question here. Fuel rails are 8an o-ring style? Also, did you use a male 8an o-ring/ 3/8 NPT male-male adapter for the fuel regulator? If so, where did you find one?

I also got my new valve covers to mount the coil brackets and see that the filler holes aren't as close to the end as yours so the stock coil bracket won't fit on the rest of the cover. I guess I'll have to come up with something a bit more custom.

I was thinking of bolting the coils onto the valve covers directly. My only problem was how to bolt them down since you dont want to put a nut under the valve cover and risk it coming lose and falling into your rockers and valve train. My thought was to weld a reinforcement strip of aluminum on the underside of the valve cover and drill and tap threaded holes to screw down the coils. 

MechTech

I made a bracket out of aluminum to hold the coils and I used 2 spacers approx 3" tall on each side that sit on the valve cover where the hold down bolts go and found some 4" long bolts to hold it all together it seems to be plenty stiff. The gaskets that I used are made of silicone and are reuseable.

grnfsh

Quote from: MechTech on April 08, 2015, 06:15:14 PM
Hi grnfsh
Ross Machine Racing is working on one it will match the trigger wheel I have. Its designed to use this Hall sensor on diyautotune. I'll keep you posted

MechTech any update on this?

shawge

Quote from: MechTech on April 13, 2015, 07:01:16 PM
I made a bracket out of aluminum to hold the coils and I used 2 spacers approx 3" tall on each side that sit on the valve cover where the hold down bolts go and found some 4" long bolts to hold it all together it seems to be plenty stiff. The gaskets that I used are made of silicone and are reuseable.

Great idea with the spacers!  I'm stealing this.

shawge

Redmist,
Some questions about your fuel supply and return lines.  IIRC, you used PTFE lines from Frozen Boost.  What size, AN-6?  How did you route the lines?  Did you follow the old hard line path or did you blaze a new one?

Thanks!

redmist

They are -8 lines.  I blazed a new path. Ran them under the passenger floor board, about a foot off the rocker seam. My sub frame connectors provide protection for them from impact. I went up the passenger side of the firewall, against the inner fender and to the regulator on the rail.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

MechTech

Hi grnfsh
I was at that shop last Thursday and he had started a cad drawing. I don't know how long it will be till we have one off the machine. If your looking for it sooner than later I can make one for you that's a little rough it will be similar to whats on my motor now. I do have a wheel done. I've attached a picture

McMopar1

You guys are amazing....This whole thing looks scary to me, but I'd love to be injected!!

Rolling_Thunder

I'm going to be running a MS3 on my engine build for my 64 Polara...    Should be pretty fun - It's going to be a 440ci build - I'll be running remote coil packs and the cam sensor - onlu difference is I'll be planning on making my own serpentine accessory drive that will incorporate the crank trigger wheel as well as the 3" pulleys....   

:cheers: :cheers:

Granted this can't happen for a minute - I am accumulating the blower and parts little by little while I'm here over in the sand box.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

peterro

Since the stock GM coil bracket was too big for my valve covers, I designed a compressed version. The filler/breather holes are more near the mounting indents on the top/bottom of the covers as opposed to the end on redmist's. I'm getting a quote from a friend who can get them cut out for me. Here's what they look like. I did a full size print and the coils match perfectly to the mounting holes.

MechTech

Hi peterro
How does it mount? It looks like the coils point at an angle (not perpendicular to the valve cover) on your drawing. Do I see that right? If so will they point the same direction on both sides of the motor?

peterro

Yes, that's correct. It unfortunate that they'll point forward on one side and back on the other. The issue is that the coil mounting holes are ~1/3" different, as in uneven from left to right. I needed to compress them into the smallest footprint I could and angling them the other direction becomes too steep of an angle. This way, the mounts of the two adjacent coils overlap on the same line as opposed to original where they're more next to each other. I've attached a photo of the coils sitting on the full scale print of the bracket.

peterro

So originally I went with the same basic angle that the stock bracket had but a bit more pronounced. After posting, I started thinking a big more and went out and looked at the coils and I believe It's the wrong solution. I'll rework the bracket and I'm pretty sure it'll be a bit smaller than the one above. Thanks for asking, it'll be better than before.

peterro

GPULLER

Nice job on the bracket!
Has anybody put them somewhere other than on top of the valve covers?

MechTech

hi pettero
Is this bracket meant to mount using the valve cover hold down screws? and what is the overall width? Ive attached pictures of my most recent crank sensor bracket and trigger wheel mounted on the motor.