News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who wants to Megasquirt, full sequential fuel/ spark a 68 charger! This Guy!!

Started by redmist, February 24, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grnfsh

Still am not getting fuel to the combustion chamber. I have pressure now just fine, but it doesnt even attempt to fire. however it will run on starting fluid if sprayed in the manifold.  I removed an injector and bench tested it and it seemed to work fine so I think the injectors themselves are ok.

Cncguy

grnfsh

ok so the injector test was successful. which puzzles me even more actually. I can hear all injectors clicking so I know they are operating and work.

redmist

Try this.....

Cycle your key on and off 4 times, and then try to start it. What I am trying to get is 4 good pump primes to fire fuel into the cylinders to give it fuel. If that makes it run for a little bit, or at least fires off, it's going to be a simple setting.

It's going to be something simple! I promise!  When you find it, you will go Aha!
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

grnfsh

I tried something similar.

When I turn on the MS I still do not hear the cycle of injectors for some reason. I did at one point but for some reason that doesnt happen.

What I did was, went into test mode and primed the engine that way. Fuel pump on, cycle injectors. Turn off test mode, attempt to start.

Nothing, it just cranks and does not attempt to start.

Not sure how I got nothing at that point other than maybe it was flooded. It was late last night so ill try again today.

redmist

Send me your modified tune of my tune.

Don't change anything on it, just exactly as it is right now as modified from my tune.

Your old tune would have never started.

Ryan
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

peterro

Hey redmist, quick easy question. How did you attach your coil brackets to the valve covers? If possible, a close up picture might be nice. I'm fighting with my off-brand valve covers and leaks so I bought a good set from 440 source and need to re-work my mounting. Good money after bad.

Thanks

redmist

I drilled holes in the covers that match the mounting holes on the coil brackets. I then got long stainless steel bolts, and mounted them up through the valve cover and retained the bolts themselves with a Nyloc nut. I also used rubber backed steel washers on each side of the valve cover. The Nyloc provided a spacer for the coils to sit off the valve cover and I retained the coils with another Nyloc.

peterro

grnfsh

Quote from: redmist on April 28, 2016, 12:25:55 PM
Send me your modified tune of my tune.

Don't change anything on it, just exactly as it is right now as modified from my tune.

Your old tune would have never started.

Ryan

ok ill get that to you this afternoon

redmist

MechTech

Hi peterro
if you haven't modified your valve covers yet I have a coil bracket that I have made and plan on offering it to anyone interested. It does not attach to the valve but instead sits on spacers that sit where the hold down screws go. If you are interested I can make you a set. I am also asking for feedback from anyone else as to the design. I've attached pictures thanks

MechTech

redmist
I know that does not go to one of your rifles. It looks expensive whats it for?

redmist

The hopes is that it's a nice modular solution for the Tanksinc EFI tanks that is priced the same or close to the stamped steel non-modular units.

I will update more on it when I am farther along. They won't be expensive though.

Derwud

Quote from: redmist on April 29, 2016, 08:45:17 PM
The hopes is that it's a nice modular solution for the Tanksinc EFI tanks that is priced the same or close to the stamped steel non-modular units.

I will update more on it when I am farther along. They won't be expensive though.

Oh, I have a Tanks inc tank and pump...

And coil brackets...
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

redmist

Quote from: Derwud on April 29, 2016, 09:47:12 PM
Quote from: redmist on April 29, 2016, 08:45:17 PM

Oh, I have a Tanks inc tank and pump...

And coil brackets...

Well you may need a "Fuel Puck!"

chargerhell

Edelbrock Pro-Flo XT Manifold              $395.90
Where did you find this manifoldso cheap?

YellowThumper

Quote from: chargerhell on May 02, 2016, 01:49:12 PM

As redmist owns or runs a fully capable shop I believe this is the teaser for him to make and sell a few.
ANY policy that provides more to some based on race, gender, etc...over others is wrong and only perpetuates what it intends to correct.

redmist

That price was from 3 years ago... My guess is that it has gone up in price some since.

redmist

Quote from: YellowThumper on May 02, 2016, 03:35:24 PM

As redmist owns or runs a fully capable shop I believe this is the teaser for him to make and sell a few.

This is also correct... Although I founded 2A-Armament, I am not the majority owner there. I will also be stepping away from 2A in order to focus on some other items, one being a new startup for parts like above. No partners, no investors this time!  :2thumbs: I learned my lesson there the hard way, LOL!

Anyhow, if I can offer the above "Fuel Puck" for a reasonable price, I hope that there will be some interest in it over the stamped steel versions available now.

Ryan

funknut

Quote from: redmist on May 02, 2016, 08:09:30 PM

This is also correct... Although I founded 2A-Armament, I am not the majority owner there. I will also be stepping away from 2A in order to focus on some other items, one being a new startup for parts like above. No partners, no investors this time!  :2thumbs: I learned my lesson there the hard way, LOL!

Anyhow, if I can offer the above "Fuel Puck" for a reasonable price, I hope that there will be some interest in it over the stamped steel versions available now.

Ryan

Good luck in your new venture!  I'm still collecting items for my eventual EFI conversion, so I'm definitely interested in this.

grnfsh

Quote from: redmist on May 02, 2016, 08:06:36 PM

That price was from 3 years ago... My guess is that it has gone up in price some since.

yes it has

grnfsh

I'm still fighting this fight.

I bench tested a few injectors and they seem to work fine. Then I took a syringe and injected gas down though the injector holes and replaced the injectors. It attempted to start when I did that.

So again, when fuel is manually introduced into the chamber its attempts to start. For some reason the injectors are not spraying fuel when they are told to do so by the MS.

EDIT:
I just had a bit of progress. I ran test mode on the injectors with the fuel pump on and then cranked the engine and it attempted to start. So for some reason the injectors are not firing when cranking.

YellowThumper

I assume you have confirmed proper pressure at the rails.
Possible dwell setting not leaving them open long enough to supply fuel.  Have you confirmed the proper 12v power source to feed injectors?

ANY policy that provides more to some based on race, gender, etc...over others is wrong and only perpetuates what it intends to correct.