News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who wants to Megasquirt, full sequential fuel/ spark a 68 charger! This Guy!!

Started by redmist, February 24, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grnfsh

Quote from: grnfsh on May 08, 2016, 06:15:51 PM
IT RUNS!!!!!!!  :cheers: :o :icon_smile_cool: ;D :laugh:

you guys will never guess WTF was wrong. We all thought it would be something stupid and it was.

Had remembered at one point that the injectors cycled properly at one point but didnt remember when that stopped happening. I started going backwards. I had swapped relays, and did some other things. Then I had an idea, all i did was swap the 5A fuses I was using for the injectors for 15A fuses. Soon as I flipped my toggle switch I heard the prime cycle. Turned the key and it fired.

So either the 5A wasnt enough or those 5A fuses were shot. They are non see though so I couldnt see if they were bad and had no reason think other wise. I was running 5A fuses for my injectors. Based on what the diagram for the MS3 said. What size fuses do you guys use for injectors?

anyhow, thanks for your help guys. I'm going to get this thing drive able this week so we can take it down to the show in a few weeks. Hopefully there wont be any new surprises.

funknut

redmist

ShaBAM!!!

I knew it was going to be something silly!

My tune should be very close to what your car will wan't.   :2thumbs:  :nana:  :cheers: :cheers:
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

grnfsh

Quote from: redmist on May 08, 2016, 11:06:51 PM
ShaBAM!!!

My tune should be very close to what your car will wan't.   :2thumbs:  :nana:  :cheers: :cheers:

That's pretty much what's on it now. I need to change a few things back to what you sent because I was fooling with it. Cylinder #1 got full of fuel so I need to run it to clear it out so I need to go get a belt for the water pump today.

Also, Redmist, you are running a one wire alternator, the one wire just connects to the large terminal on the starter relay right?

YellowThumper

Congrats on the fireup!
Thanks all of you guys you are helping way more than just grnfish...

:cheers: :drool5:

Mike
ANY policy that provides more to some based on race, gender, etc...over others is wrong and only perpetuates what it intends to correct.

MechTech

Congrats grnfsh hope to see you in O.C.
As to your question about what amperage fuses we are using I am using a 5amp fuse I did a little testing this evening by putting an amp meter in line with the injector circuit. At idle one bank of the injectors are drawing .4 amps and as the rpm increases the amperage does also, at about 3000rpm while in park 4 of the injectors drew 1.9 amps. So As I suggested in my text message please look the wiring over and check the 5amp fuses that you were using to see if you can determine why it would not start on that 5amp fuse. Fuses and circuit breakers are generally sized based on the load carrying capabilities of the wiring they are protecting and in some cases the devices the are protecting. So you should not use a larger amp fuse than the wire you are using can carry.

redmist

Quote from: grnfsh on May 09, 2016, 06:16:41 AM
Quote from: redmist on May 08, 2016, 11:06:51 PM
ShaBAM!!!

That's pretty much what's on it now. I need to change a few things back to what you sent because I was fooling with it. Cylinder #1 got full of fuel so I need to run it to clear it out so I need to go get a belt for the water pump today.

Also, Redmist, you are running a one wire alternator, the one wire just connects to the large terminal on the starter relay right?

I am running a DENSO, large wire to starter post, or in my case, a distribution stud.

Then it has three more wires. Ignition, Idiot light, and Sense.
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Aussiemadonmopars

Has anyone bought a trigger wheel and CPS bushing off SD concepts?

grnfsh

funknut

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but has anyone using the Pro-Flo XT manifold tried to mount the coils under the intake above the valley pan? 

I'd like to have them out of the way and off the valve covers.

I haven't sourced coils (still deciding on which), so I can't try it for size yet, but if someone has experience with this I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!

Derwud

Saw this a couple of years ago at Spring or Fall Fling in Cali..

1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

funknut

Quote from: Derwud on May 12, 2016, 10:26:39 PM

I wasn't able to see your image, but you inspired me to do some searching and I came across this, just what I was looking for!

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=37105

Derwud

Quote from: funknut on May 14, 2016, 08:22:04 AM
Quote from: Derwud on May 12, 2016, 10:26:39 PM

I wasn't able to see your image, but you inspired me to do some searching and I came across this, just what I was looking for!

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=37105

Same Car and Engine..

grnfsh

That guy is a member over at Cuda-Challenger as well. He swapped to a Gen3 hemi since that build. Real nice car

redmist

Welp.....

Looks like I jumped in with both feet on this project. The fuel pucks are done being cut! I made 100 of them. Now off to anodizing, then assembly.  :D

Derwud

Quote from: redmist on May 18, 2016, 08:46:29 PM
Welp.....

Looks like I jumped in with both feet on this project. The fuel pucks are done being cut! I made 100 of them. Now off to anodizing, then assembly.  :D

Nice!!

YellowThumper

ANY policy that provides more to some based on race, gender, etc...over others is wrong and only perpetuates what it intends to correct.

grnfsh

You guys using CPS adapters, did you have any issues leaking oil?  I've got oil coming out of mine. I have the SD adapter. I don't have a O ring or any gaskets installed. Did you all use anything to seal it? if so what worked?

funknut

Quote from: grnfsh on May 26, 2016, 08:29:53 AM
You guys using CPS adapters, did you have any issues leaking oil?  I've got oil coming out of mine. I have the SD adapter. I don't have a O ring or any gaskets installed. Did you all use anything to seal it? if so what worked?

I haven't installed mine, but it came with both inner and outer o-rings.  Did yours?

redmist

I don't have an O-Ring on my adapters, but mine is different then the SD concepts one. Never a single leak.

Ryan

grnfsh

UPDATE

I went out to check out the situation. I havent driven the car since I parked in the garage sunday. Looked under the hood and the noticed the bolt from the hold down just sitting on top of the bushing, the spacer was on the block. I thought to my self..  "that's odd"  :o

Then i pulled the CPS and bushing out and realized the bolt actually snapped off in the block. Luckily i was able to extract the bolt without any drama there.

Thinking back, I did notice the CPS had a bit of a wobble but didnt think a whole lot of it. Obviously I should have.

So investigating further I notice the bushing was not really sitting flush. I had an earlier model bushing that i had bought and put that one in there to compare and it sat much better. used a stock distributor hold down to see if it wobbled and it did not.

Anyhow pretty sure I found my issue. Going to buy one of MechTech's hold downs and move on from there.

FYI the other one was an SD concepts bushing. one thing of note, when i first installed it. it was tough to get it in the hole. Real tight. I may have galled up the bushing getting it in, so I'm not ready to blame SD for this yet.

Aussiemadonmopars

I got my bushing and toothed wheel adapter this past week so I'll see how well it fits up and report back.  :2thumbs:

sdconcepts

just an FYI on wobble for the cam bushing.... some of the block have extra casting flash that doesn't allow the bushing to seat properly.  once this is removed there should be no more problems.  if you don't want to grind the block, then you can grind some clearance into the cam bushing. 

MechTech

I have CPS bushings made and hold down clamps. The hold down clamp is designed to clamp over the CPS just like the original distributor was held down. The hold down clamp is made from stainless steel, the bushing aluminum. I did not use any orings because the original distributor uses a paper gasket part# FEL-PRO 6464 and the CPS uses a paper gasket part#FEL-PRO 70051.