News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who wants to Megasquirt, full sequential fuel/ spark a 68 charger! This Guy!!

Started by redmist, February 24, 2013, 11:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redmist

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

ELLIOT

Hi Ryan

I have been looking to buy the Tank inc complete set up for my Charger. Now that I see your parts, I'm hesitating. What's the plus of your parts instead of the thank inc ? Obviously your is aluminium and look much better but performance wise there is an advantage of your puck ?

thank you
Don't look back, I might be gaining on you.
The Mayhem project will begin in 2015
B-body Rules !

redmist

Mine has modular 1/4" NPT Ports in all locations.

It also has stainless worm drive clamps instead of zip ties. It has a stainless crush sleeve in the tubeing as well. The wire pass-through eliminates the screw on ring terminal connection also.

And it's about the same price after you buy the pump.... It's a no brainer.  :yesnod:

JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

68ChargerJMP

This may have been covered and I missed it...Will the fuel puck work with the Tanks Inc. sending unit? If not, what are some options? Thanks.

redmist

It will work with the tanks in sending unit yes, It's just a replacement for the pump unit side of things, the sending unit side remains the same.

If anyone is looking for a turn key setup (Tank, Puck, Pump, Sender) ready to wire and connect, I can quote that out based on car.

Ryan

Derwud

1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

Derwud

Okay, still riding the fence.. Do I drop the 1200 hundred or so on a Fitech TBI to get my car running and start getting the parts together for this and sell it when I am done.. Or, Get the manifold and start piecing this together, doing ECM and wiring last? Last wrinkle, FiTech port EFI to a full Sequential system using a MS3 box and a different throttle body?

I did not build the engine and powertrain to compromise, but I am itching to hear it Run, but hate to waste money on something I don't plan on keeping.

Lastly, where is the best price for the Edelbrock TPI manifold??

MechTech

Hi Derwud
Just to make a suggestion this is sorta the way I went about it. If you still have your carb, intake and ignition system get the car running then add the MS3X controller and an O2 sensor. Then you would be able to get used to the controller with the communication and settings. Next you could add a trigger wheel for a tach signal then if you are currently using and MSD unit you would be able to run the ignition off of the controller which will improve timing accuracy. When you are ready for the next step add sequential spark by adding the cam sensor and coils. After that add the Edelbrock Pro Flow. The key is it does not have to be all done at once it's a modular system. This way you don't have to spend loads of time wiring it up all at once and you have less issues to deal with all at once.

Derwud

Quote from: MechTech on October 24, 2016, 07:06:28 PM
Hi Derwud
Just to make a suggestion this is sorta the way I went about it. If you still have your carb, intake and ignition system get the car running then add the MS3X controller and an O2 sensor. Then you would be able to get used to the controller with the communication and settings. Next you could add a trigger wheel for a tach signal then if you are currently using and MSD unit you would be able to run the ignition off of the controller which will improve timing accuracy. When you are ready for the next step add sequential spark by adding the cam sensor and coils. After that add the Edelbrock Pro Flow. The key is it does not have to be all done at once it's a modular system. This way you don't have to spend loads of time wiring it up all at once and you have less issues to deal with all at once.

Yeah, I don't have a carb or an ign system beyond dist and coil. I planned on going FI from the start, Tanks Inc tank with in tank pump and built everything around that thinking. Was going to go FAST, then FiTech, now I want to join the big boys league. I have the trigger, just need it milled and welded to the pulley. Also the Jeep Cam sensor adapter. So I have a good base..

I agree I don't want to have to go around in circles if it does not work, but I have to hope my Automotive training will get me through any rough spots...

It is going to cost more, but like everything else I have bought for the car so far, do it once, do it right.. Thanks for spoiling my easy way out...

Now anyone wanna sell their intake??

Derwud

74bluefish

I'm running A/C with the MS3 on a 440 with the Edelbrock  Pro Flo manifold.  I might have posted a picture on this tread if you search for it, or I can post one when I get home tonite.

Derwud

Quote from: 74bluefish on October 26, 2016, 05:37:45 AM
I'm running A/C with the MS3 on a 440 with the Edelbrock  Pro Flo manifold.  I might have posted a picture on this tread if you search for it, or I can post one when I get home tonite.

Found it, thanks!!! That wiring looks FUN....

Here is what I am dealing with.

74bluefish

Nice , I like the serpentine system.  I would have like to done that too, but trying to keep the costs down.

Derwud

Yeah, I hate belt squeal and it wasn't priced to bad... CVF Racing...

igozumn

Nice.  I've had that serp setup saved in my favorites/watch for a while.
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

Derwud

shawge

For those with the Jeep CPS, did you find a need a add a 1k pullup between Vref and signal?

redmist

Quote from: shawge on October 27, 2016, 01:43:54 PM
For those with the Jeep CPS, did you find a need a add a 1k pullup between Vref and signal?

I have never had one in my setup

grnfsh

Quote from: Derwud on October 26, 2016, 08:48:22 AM

you guys and your fancy accessories, I have one belt for my alternator and that's it. LOL....  hahaha! :smilielol: :hah:

(secretly wants his power steering and power brakes back) :'( ::)

Aussiemadonmopars

Hey if anyone is interested, I just bought half of a dual quad throttle body setup of the FAST variety. The guy still has the other throttle body and wants to sell it. I picked up just the one for $390 and I nearly bought both for $700, that's all he wanted. I had to pass on it and just grab the one but if anyone wants the other one then ping the guy a message. He's near Anna, Illinois. Ebay no.  #112187811713.

YellowThumper

Quote from: grnfsh on November 02, 2016, 07:36:30 AM
Quote from: Derwud on October 26, 2016, 08:48:22 AM

you guys and your fancy accessories, I have one belt for my alternator and that's it. LOL....  hahaha! :smilielol: :hah:

(secretly wants his power steering and power brakes back) :'( ::)

Nothing fancy here. Just adapt Magnum accessories.
90% is bolt on. Unfortunately the 10% is not simple.

ANY policy that provides more to some based on race, gender, etc...over others is wrong and only perpetuates what it intends to correct.

68ChargerJMP

Quote from: redmist on October 04, 2016, 11:59:29 PM
Mine has modular 1/4" NPT Ports in all locations.

It also has stainless worm drive clamps instead of zip ties. It has a stainless crush sleeve in the tubeing as well. The wire pass-through eliminates the screw on ring terminal connection also.

And it's about the same price after you buy the pump.... It's a no brainer.  :yesnod:

Just ordered a fuel puck for my new efi tank. I also ordered an Aeromotive 340 pump #11540 to finish it off. Thanks for the time and effort to make cool functional stuff for our old iron.

redmist

Awesome!

Let us know what you think about the install and product.

Ryan