News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I can't get ahold of Mopaint and I get no return call, Where else can I go?

Started by WH23G3G, February 16, 2006, 10:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I've been trying to get ahold of Mopaint for awhile to touch up some of my original light parchment interior pieces I still have that can be put back on. But Year One and Paddock no longer carry this guys paints. I've called Mopaint directly and left messages, but obviously they're too busy or not interested. So where else can I look to for light parchment interior sprays?

694spdRT

I had a hard time getting through to them last year also. My problem was that the phone was busy all the time. It seemed I had the best luck reaching a live person after 1pm central time. After I finally got the guy I realized why....he spent almost an hour on the phone with me trying to match up the correct reds for my Charger.

I don't know who else to call. Can a local body shop mix you up a match?
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

WH23G3G

I was looking for something in a convient spray can, as I can't spray with a compressor and a spray gun in my neighborhood, I've already gone through that. I was wondering is there anything in the SEM lineup that anyone would know would be close to light parchment? Ford has a light parchment for their newer vehicles, someone sells on EBAY, but it may be too dark. Is it acceptable to use other dyes and paints to match up the interior color back to original? I'll be spending so much on getting the seats recovered with NOS Parchment, that I would hate to use anything else other than the correct dye. That's why I wanted to go with Mopaint. 

AKcharger

I used mopaint a few years ago and was happy, but in the last 2 years I was disappointed by their color matching. In my case it was Burnt Orange. Stuff I used in 2003 was spot on, but when I touched some stuff up in 2005 it was completly off! wrong shade and it was flat, not semi gloss. I tried 3 cans thinking I got a bad batch...nope they were all wrong. I called them (hard to get through) and tried to give some feedback but the guy I talked to didn't really seem to care. He did offer to send me another can...but I never received it. I tried again this summer with B-5 blue for my '72..."they can't screw up blue" I thought, well it too was flat plus the paint left a rough finish like 800 grit sand paper.

I recently had my local paint shop make some SEM paint for my head rests, it was spot on and inexpensive. I'll NEVER USE MOPAINT AGAIN. Any good paint shop can match the color and put it in spray cans for you, hit your yellow pages and shop around.

Good luck

AK

mopar_madman

a body shop or paint supply house can match the color and you can aerosol spray with a preval sprayer (any body shop supply should have one.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger