News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 speed transmission and bell housing color and front end parts color.

Started by Hoser2455, March 11, 2013, 08:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoser2455

Do I take it that the 4 speed transmissions for the Superbird's came bare metal?  If so, did anyone paint theirs to keep it from rusting and looking yucko and if so what kind of paint did you use that looked the closest to the bare metal.  This would include your front end parts also because they dipped the originals in cosmoline? the way I understand.  Also what color did the bell housing come from the factory?

pettybird

The bellhousing was painted with the motor, so it's orange. 

The transmission is bare metal, as is most of the front steering linkage.  If you're going for OE gold, you'll need a product like ECS' RPM.  If you're going for a driver or a local show car, cast gray engine enamel works great.

The only parts with Cosmoline in the front are the lower control arms.

Hoser2455

Ok, thanks.  I just wanted to make sure I was doing everything right before I screw up. Getting ready to paint the bell housing and steering parts.

pettybird

Since stuff didn't change much from 69-70, look through hemigeno's thread on his Daytona to get the right finishes.  There are thousands of pictures there.