News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Radiator Support and Trunk Stampings

Started by twenty mike mike, March 15, 2013, 10:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twenty mike mike

There I was, stripping the paint from the top of my '69 radiator support, then lo and behold, the numbers 5468 appeared to the left (looking at the car) of the VIN stamp.

What does that mean? It's in a different font and about three times the height of the VIN stamp. I thought I could take a pic after I primed the area, but it disappeared under the paint. The numbers are not nearly as deep as the VIN, so maybe it's an etching.

Also, after reading all the discussions about the VIN stamp on the trunk gutter, I took a look, since I have to replace the seal anyway. Uh oh, not there. Pulled a little more seal away, and still not there. Hmmm, it sure doesn't look like this quarter panel has been replaced. So I pulled the seal completely off that area and there it was, almost in the rear corner, instead of in the middle as it's "supposed" to be.

It's a Nov. '68 build, if that makes any difference.

Oops. This should have been posted in Paint, Body & Trim.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

John_Kunkel

The 5468 is a stamping plant number. All stampings are dependent on the mood of the guy doing the work.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

twenty mike mike