News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Interior / Glove box door hinge......1970...
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 02:05:38 AM
I'm working on this fine car known as Jigsaw....

0004.JPG

It was partially stripped when I bought it. One of the missing items is the hinge for the glove box door.
I'm guessing that it is a ONE year only part but that it does interchange with every other 1970 B body model. Belvedere, Road Runner, GTX, Coronet, 2 door, 4 door, Station wagon and convertibles...
Does anyone know someone with a stash of interior parts?
Thanks!

Interior / Re: Classic Auto Air
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 02:01:39 AM
Yes.
I recently did an A/C install on a '68 Plymouth. I put a vacuum pump on it but couldn't get it to even hold 20" of vacuum so I took it to a shop for evacuation and a fill. They found 2 minor leaks using Nitrogen, then after I fixed the leaks, they charged the system and all is well.
With my car, I did get it to hold 30" of vacuum for over 45 minutes so I figured I was in the clear.
I filled the system with the appropriate amount of R-134 and it seemed fine....but it was in the mid 60s that day so it wasn't the right time to test it.
A skilled friend of mine thinks that despite it holding vacuum, he thinks it can still leak when under pressure.
The Classic Auto Air guy said it needs to be between 17-25 psi on the low side and around 150 on the high side.
Charger Discussion / Re: Chargers in the background...
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 01:55:49 AM
Thanks again, Tan Top.
One thing I really like is how TT will post a secondary close up shot whether you can make out the Charger in the wide shot. I find that entertaining.
 :2thumbs:
Charger Discussion / Re: Booster help
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 01:53:00 AM
There goes Tan Top again....going out of his way to help people.
The OP had ONE post and hasn't been back but other members may benefit from info here.
Charger Discussion / Re: Ebay scam Charger
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 01:51:10 AM
Uhhh...
I'm not sure I understand the point of this. THAT car would have been worth FAR more than $10,000 in 2009 so that HAD to be a scam then and any time.
Nice looking car if you're into custom stuff. It looks clean and well done from what I saw.
Car Guys Discussion / Re: Dumb traffic tickets
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 01:38:55 AM
One time I was stopped while driving a beat up '70 Dodge Dart.
I didn't have insurance. I bought it from a neighbor but didn't transfer the registration to my name yet. I was 21 years old and just out messing around at the local mall. The 225 wouldn't allow me to peel out on pavement so I wasn't hot rodding it. Maybe I was being profiled as a low rent dirtbag?
Ha ha...Yeah, maybe for the moment I was.
My Camaro was wrecked a few weeks before when someone crossed my path and I broadsided them. They were cited for failure to yield and while I had another vehicle to drive, a neighbor in the apartment complex only wanted $150 for a running and driving Dart! This was 1987 or so.
They had me exit the car and stand outside of it. One cop looked at the seat and made some funny comment to the theme of...this guy must have a problem...his farts have disintegrated the front seat! I think that I laughed at that and after a warrant check turned up clean, I was free to go straight home.
I've been given a break many times. I have either been silent or respectful when I've been stopped but never begged or humiliated myself to get out of a citation. I was with a guy that didn't cry but still sounded like a brown nosing wimp trying to get out of the ticket. Screw that...Have some pride, apologize but don't grovel and whatever happens, you at least preserve some dignity.
Charger Discussion / Re: Too valuable to drive?
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 12:50:35 AM
1 troll 3.jpg
I'd normally leave a "nice try" but the arguments presented are weak and pathetic.
The topic here was about members driving their cars versus not driving them based on their value.
My contention was that if we respect and admire our cars, we should fight to preserve our rights to keep them and use them.
SOME people are blind to or make excuses for entities that want to force a change upon us.
I don't. I want to enjoy what I have without being forced to live with changes that I never wanted.
This country wasn't built by law abiders, it was built by rebels and revolutionaries that refused to live under oppressive rules.
Too many people have gone soft and don't have the balls to fight.
That is pathetic.
These cars represent America. If you don't fight for your right to drive them, sell yours to someone with some testosterone.

01 A1.jpg
Charger Discussion / Re: Ebay scam Charger
Last post by doctor4766 - Yesterday at 09:32:49 PM
Charger Discussion / Re: Booster help
Last post by tan top - Yesterday at 06:08:19 PM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on Yesterday at 11:25:27 AMIsn't that a Bendix single diaphragm unit? Do you have power drums or disc?

My 69 had one of those when I got it too and I have power drums but it's likely a replacement unit. IIRC the Midland-Ross unit was on power drum cars. I'm pretty sure 68s had the MR unit too.

Old brain is telling me that the Bendix in OP could be found on the 69s but that's probably wrong.

:iagree: what BHP said  :yesnod:  :coolgleamA:

grab a beer or 3  & have a read through this thread or skip through & find the booster stuff  ( long thread) ,
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,140440.0.html

was trying to help out a fellow DC.com member sort out his brakes , we spoke about what looks to be the very booster you have on your charger its a bendix single diaphragm  was on a lot of 67 b -bodies & found on 68s & 69s , so maybe just using up old stock at assembly plants  :scratchchin:  :shruggy:

OR get straight to the point see picture & link below   :lol:  :cheers:  :2thumbs:

https://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?Parta~PartSort~A0~cadfffkz~~~~A30~A11

rsz_screenshot_3sdfghjlkjhgfdssdfgtyuiuyt613.jpg
Charger Discussion / Re: Chargers in the background...
Last post by tan top - Yesterday at 05:55:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I54Kcx2kW7k  45 seconds & i minute 41 seconds into the video into the video  :yesnod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z1XtBJjKzs  1 minute 21 seconds into the video  :yesnod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf5qKXdufD0 17 seconds into the video :yesnod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP_LpxJG9eg  6minute 11 seconds into the video possible pretty sure second generation ,  :scratchchin:  :P

Screenshot 214.jpgScreenshot 246.jpgScreenshot 216 (2).jpg 

Screenshot 216 (3).jpg

Screenshot 221.jpg 

Screenshot 216.jpg