News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Charger Discussion / Re: Chargers in the background...
Last post by hemigeno - Today at 02:21:37 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on Today at 01:55:49 AMThanks again, Tan Top.
One thing I really like is how TT will post a secondary close up shot whether you can make out the Charger in the wide shot. I find that entertaining.
 :2thumbs:

Me too.  I look at it as a challenge to find the Charger that TanTop spied, without having to look at the "answer key" photo below it.  Most times it's fairly obvious/easy, but I will admit to having spent more than a few seconds looking all around that red Corvette picture a few posts above - and finally looking at the closeup... right before doing :brickwall: .

:cheers: to you, TanTop!
Charger Discussion / Re: Too valuable to drive?
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 02:01:39 PM
Thank you Lloyd.
It holds true in many instances that if you love something, you must be wiling to fight to preserve it.
It has annoyed me from the start to see evil forces conspire to erase history whether it is statues, plaques, monuments or in our case, classic cars.
They don't understand that it isn't that we ignore the mistakes of the past by celebrating tradition, we just don't dwell on the mistakes, we focus on the triumphs.
If one were to live their life by always feeling guilty about the past, how can they ever be happy?
I drive my Chargers with a smile every time. Their simple yet effective engineering still works as well today as it did in 1970. As long as gasoline is available, these cars will run.
Car Guys Discussion / Re: Dumb traffic tickets
Last post by hemigeno - Today at 01:32:17 PM
A local cop wrote me up for "excessive acceleration with audible tire noise" when I was still in college.

I challenged that one in Municipal Court, based on the cop's lousy attitude and other factors.  The judge (a former Middle School principal in my small hometown) only gave me a 1-year SIS, with something like $15 court costs.  Seeing the local cop having to admit his witnessed-by-others behavior to the judge?  Worth it.  He ended up quitting not too long afterward.
Aero Cars / Re: Daytona XX29L9B383263 -V2-...
Last post by hemigeno - Today at 01:17:40 PM
Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on May 10, 2024, 07:18:46 AM:lol:  :smilielol: 
hemigeno, you're too detail oriented (bet no one has ever accused you of that before!)
RallyeMike was joking about the pics above showing the actual trans painted green for some reason  :shruggy:

Have a great day!  :2thumbs:  :cheers:

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the clarification - and I'm definitely guilty as charged.   :slap:

Couldn't see the forest for the trees!

:cheers:
Charger Discussion / Re: Too valuable to drive?
Last post by lloyd3 - Today at 11:10:04 AM
This post has gone sideways just a bit. My original motivation for it was a question about how to properly leave a (now somewhat valuable) car to a family member (in this case, a son) when I was done with it. From my research, anybody attempting to insure such a car would need to be 25-years old in order to qualify for collectors insurance (the most reasonable cost model). At 25-years, I would also like to think that my boy will be well on his way towards self-reliance in this life (a job or career, a steady girlfriend/wife, family, etc.) but...I guess we'll see, right?  Kern Dog is spot-on in that unless there is some pushback from the hobby writ large, the march towards more-control over these types of vehicles is inevitable. They do not fit the model going forward of "Public Transportation" for all the reasons you can imagine. Environmentalism has replaced religion for many of today's youth (as a result of today's education system, bad in highschool and worse in college) so these vehicles are nearly demonic in their curiously semi-communist worldview.  Kern Dog is also correct in that if you own & enjoy them, use them...for tomorrow is deeply uncertain.
Car Guys Discussion / Re: Dumb traffic tickets
Last post by b5blue - Today at 10:12:58 AM
My first mighty Mopar was a 73 Duster I swapped a convertible Mustang for. The trunk lock had been punched and around midnight one night I was pulled over. The cops were looking for green car that was suspected in robbery near by. Wanting to see in the trunk they asked for the key. When I reached in the car and handed them a screwdriver they were puzzled. After farting around a few minutes they admitted defeat so I popped the lock and they were satisfied.  :lol:   
Interior / Re: Glove box door hinge.........
Last post by b5blue - Today at 09:45:57 AM
Call "TONY'S"
Charger Discussion / Re: Ebay scam Charger
Last post by b5blue - Today at 09:45:01 AM
Sharp car!  :2thumbs:
Charger Discussion / Re: Ebay scam Charger
Last post by doctor4766 - Today at 06:57:32 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on Today at 01:51:10 AMUhhh...
I'm not sure I understand the point of this. THAT car would have been worth FAR more than $10,000 in 2009 so that HAD to be a scam then and any time.
Nice looking car if you're into custom stuff. It looks clean and well done from what I saw.
The point is that it was of interest to me back when I was oblivious to the scams that were out there. The car itself is/was pretty tidy despite it's non-standard build and I think it's a neat build.
I soon wised up to the tricks of the no but still thought the owner deserved a bit of credit for their car.
Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure, but I like it.
Interior / Glove box door hinge......1970...
Last post by Kern Dog - Today at 02:05:38 AM
I'm working on this fine car known as Jigsaw....

0004.JPG

It was partially stripped when I bought it. One of the missing items is the hinge for the glove box door.
I'm guessing that it is a ONE year only part but that it does interchange with every other 1970 B body model. Belvedere, Road Runner, GTX, Coronet, 2 door, 4 door, Station wagon and convertibles...
Does anyone know someone with a stash of interior parts?
Thanks!