News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Salvage yard photos...

Started by 69Charger_440, December 17, 2006, 04:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

the tail light panel on that 68 is worth a hundred bucks or more.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

superbeefinder

Did you get the VIN's to match any of the 3rd generation chargers?

If you have any matching pictures and VINs for 1971 Chargers, please let me know.

If you want to see a growing collection of pictures of '71Chargers, got  to:

http://flickr.com/photos/superbeefinder

I've got several hundred so far.

supserdave

Those 71 marker lights are hard to find, they'd be worth snagging if there cheap. Thanks for the pics.

BMOTOXSTAR

I think I saw a 3rd gen Spring Special. :drool5:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

terrible one

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on December 17, 2006, 11:54:50 PM
  I paid $80.06 for this panel that is right under the filler deck.  I don't know the actual name for it, but it is rotted on my '69 so I had no choice.  So I guess it wasn't that pricey after all. :P

I don't think that's too bad. It's called a dutchman panel I do believe. There are repros available but I'm not sure on the price. . .

GREAT PICTURES!

TheAutoArchaeologist

Very cool pictures, wish I could find a place like that.......

There are SOOOOOO many good parts I saw in there, 69 Barracuda trunk trim, e-body doors, Charger bumpers, Challenger bumpers, etc...

If the guys is reasonable, you could make some good money off some of that stuff.

Where is the place, I'll go through and inventory it, for you.

Ryan

Manfred318

Cool pics :2thumbs: Those cars are not that bad, it'll buff right out :buff:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

69charger2002

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on December 17, 2006, 11:54:50 PM

"where is that place?  i can tell its in texas"
It is in Seguin, Texas, about 40 miles east of San Antonio.  The place is called John's Salvage. 

he also said it was pretty pricy. which would kind of explain why there are still some decent almost complete cars in there.. there are tons of big boy vendors in texas, and i'm sure they all know this place(texas acres, dr mopar, texas toy box) etc.. basically there aren't TOO many secrets left in texas.. hell i bought 10 chargers from one guy in southern oklahoma who had 35 of them. and had gotten them ALL around the dallas area back in the 90's...i will say though 80 isn't all that bad for the dutchman panel if there weren't any rust surprises...i've never been there myself.. i was told it was worth the time... to look. not buy.. well if there's one thing i hate is to be in a candy store but can't afford the candy...   :RantExplode:
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

justin1987

Quote from: 69charger2002 on December 20, 2007, 12:27:07 PM
hell i bought 10 chargers from one guy in southern oklahoma who had 35 of them. and had gotten them ALL around the dallas area back in the 90's

I got several parts there and they were reasonably priced. I got a pair of seats for $200, a door for $150, and a few other odds and ends. I kind of felt uncomfortable there with all the pitbulls and such.

69charger2002

lol yeah those dogs are intimidating.. the 3 of them have run a circle big enough to set a spaceship in.. he did have a ton of stuff though. does he still have anything left? he was selling off when i was buying and that was like 2 years ago
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

justin1987

Quote from: 69charger2002 on December 20, 2007, 01:31:08 PM
lol yeah those dogs are intimidating.. the 3 of them have run a circle big enough to set a spaceship in.. he did have a ton of stuff though. does he still have anything left? he was selling off when i was buying and that was like 2 years ago
trav

He still had quite a bit of stuff when I went around the end of December last year. There weren't very many cars that were worth saving, but there was a ton of parts that were still good. I could have spent all day looking around at the Chargers, Roadrunners, Cudas, and Challengers. He said he was going to crush all of them and just keep the new stuff, but from what I've heard, he has been saying that for years.

JimShine

A great place for you New England'ers to check out is Ayotte's Salvage in Oxford Maine. Not too many 2nd generation Charger stuff left (but he does have a ton of clean doors), there is lots of other 2nd generation Mopars in there including Taxi's and even a student driver coronet. There are lots of 3rd generation Charger and non Charger B bodies in there.

69bronzeT5

I cant believe I didnt see this thread yet.  :o. Can I use those pics for my site? ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dukeboy_318

too bad theres nothing like that in indiana or surrounding states, too much rust to have that type of yard here, but if anyone knows of any close to indiana, let me know  :cheers: :popcrn:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

blackcharger

man some of those cars look drivable compared to the once in a blue moon picked to the bone stuff tht shows up in these parts.

hemihead

Absolutely nothing like that here in SW PA . Back in the 80's maybe but not now . Even if there was, these people around here would want $50 for a lugnut because it's old .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

JimShine

Usually the yards that are still intact are only intact because the prices are not a screaming bargain and the guys know better than to crush. It is sad because most of these guys would rather let the cars rot away than let the cars or parts go reasonably.

moparstuart

sometimes you have to walk that thin line , have to make money to stay in this buisness , but you dont want to get the rep for high prices and run everyone off also
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JimShine

If they have been around long enough to still have the cars, I am sure they know what they are doing. It seems that most of the old places are still run by the old owners or have been passed down. Most of these guys just need to make enough to throw a couple bucks into taxes and keep the fridge stocked with Budweiser and TV dinners.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: moparstuart on December 21, 2007, 02:41:54 PM
  sometimes you have to walk that thin line , have to make money to stay in this buisness , but you dont want to get the rep for high prices and run everyone off also

That's the truth in any business but you have to factor in supply and demand also.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

moparstuart

thats why i specialize in late model insurance quality stuff , and collect the old stuff for me , not much demand . wouldnt stay in buisness long if i just sold the old stuff.

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

charge-it

Quote from: JimShine on December 20, 2007, 02:09:26 PM
A great place for you New England'ers to check out is Ayotte's Salvage in Oxford Maine. Not too many 2nd generation Charger stuff left (but he does have a ton of clean doors), there is lots of other 2nd generation Mopars in there including Taxi's and even a student driver coronet. There are lots of 3rd generation Charger and non Charger B bodies in there.

Thanks Jim, now there will be nothing left for us.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Death1970Proof

Anyone know what they would want for a passenger side '68 or 9 fender??? :shruggy:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on December 20, 2007, 02:52:35 PM
I cant believe I didnt see this thread yet.  :o. Can I use those pics for my site? ;)
Need you always ask that?  Seriously, just copy and paste.  If it's out there, it's out there. :shruggy:    And if they tell you no, I'll do it, and send it to you. :P  (not really, just making a point)
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 29, 2007, 07:40:42 AM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on December 20, 2007, 02:52:35 PM
Need you always ask that?  Seriously, just copy and paste.  If it's out there, it's out there. :shruggy:    And if they tell you no, I'll do it, and send it to you. :P  (not really, just making a point)

Yes, legally he has to ask.  Otherwise he can get in trouble, again, for use without permission.

Ryan