News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Salvage yard photos...

Started by 69Charger_440, December 17, 2006, 04:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Charger_440

Hey all,

Just thought I'd share some pics I took while combing through a salvage yard.  Most of the stuff has been picked clean, and the rest is rusted through (well at least the 68-69 Charger's I saw). 

69Charger_440

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on December 17, 2006, 04:36:20 PM
Hey all,

Just thought I'd share some pics I took while combing through a salvage yard.  Most of the stuff has been picked clean, and the rest is rusted through (well at least the 68-69 Charger's I saw). 
more...

69Charger_440

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on December 17, 2006, 04:37:34 PM
Hey all,

more...

69Charger_440

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on December 17, 2006, 04:39:34 PM
Hey all,

more...

69Charger_440

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on December 17, 2006, 04:41:07 PM
Hey all,

more...

69Charger_440

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on December 17, 2006, 04:42:35 PM
Quote from: 69Charger_440 on December 17, 2006, 04:41:07 PM
Hey all,

more...

69Charger_440

69Charger_440

69Charger_440

Hey all,

more...
The last ones are of a 69 R/T that is going to be restored, according to the person who sold it.

tan top

good pictures  ( 69charger_440 )  thanks for shareing  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Silver R/T

thats sad, how many classics rusting there
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hemi-hampton

Reminds me of a Junkyard here in Detroit. Only this Junkyard had Harley Earl (designer/concept/prototype maker) Cars junk in the Yard. Hard to believe. LEON.

69Charger_440

Quote from: tan top on December 17, 2006, 05:00:10 PM
  good pictures  ( 69charger_440 )  thanks for shareing  :2thumbs:
Not a problem. I figured you guys and gals would enjoy them.  It is a shame that there are a lot of classics out there rusting away.  There is one door and a back bumper that I might try and save out of those chargers, but it all depends on how much the owner will ask for them.

Fernando

High Impact

I want parts off the green 71 charger :o   How were the trunk floors on those 68-69 chargers ???

Thanks for the photos but its a shame  :rotz:

Charger-Bodie

[
Hey all,

is that chally green go? or lime it looks like green go on my moniter ....thats a rare car just wasing away.....damb you cronic wasting disease :bawling: :smilie_help:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Shakey

Great photos Fernando!   :yesnod:

I'm a fan of salvage yard tours and enjoy sharing my photos with all of you.

Thanks for sharing those with us.   :thumbs:

rt green

where is that place?  i can tell its in texas
third string oil changer

Challenger340

Thanks, great Pictures ! Too bad, I've seen people trying to fix worse cars than some of those.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

bull

I see a whole bunch of stuff there that's quite usable, including whole cars. Nice pics! :o

Charger1973

Most of those 3rd gens look like they had pretty rust free panels on em compared to what you find around here...  The green 71 in the middle of the pile is a shame.  Was it that nice on the other side too?

Brock Samson

Hey Da' Charger Guy!
Your Cars twin is here...

lots of good stainless there to my eye...  :scope:

69Charger_440

"I want parts off the green 71 charger     How were the trunk floors on those 68-69 chargers?"
That 71 wasn't too bad.  It looked to be the best one out there as far as 2nd and 3rd generation Charger's go.  The trunk floors were shot to sh#t, on the 68 and 69's.

"is that chally green go? or lime it looks like green go on my moniter?"
To be honest I don't know.  In person it looked more of a green than a lime color.

"Great photos Fernando!  I'm a fan of salvage yard tours and enjoy sharing my photos with all of you.
Thanks for sharing those with us."
Nothing to it.  I'm glad you all liked them.  Since I got pricked by some thorns it makes it all worthwhile knowing at least you all liked them.   

"where is that place?  i can tell its in texas"
It is in Seguin, Texas, about 40 miles east of San Antonio.  The place is called John's Salvage. 

"Thanks, great Pictures ! Too bad, I've seen people trying to fix worse cars than some of those."
Well that 69 R/T is going to be quite a headache in my opinion.  The person who bought it must be financially secure and must have LOTS of time on his/her hands because it really is bad.

"I see a whole bunch of stuff there that's quite usable, including whole cars. Nice pics!"
The Chargers were pretty much stripped inside and out.  The stuff that was left on the Chargers was either rotting, had a really bad hit, or you name it.  If there had been anything worth buying, trust me, I would have bought it.  I saw two fastback Barracuda's that weren't too bad, and the 3rd generation stuff was actually pretty darn good.   

"Most of those 3rd gens look like they had pretty rust free panels on em compared to what you find around here...  The green 71 in the middle of the pile is a shame.  Was it that nice on the other side too?"
I believe it was or it might have been hit around the quarter panel area, but it was in pretty decent shape.

"lots of good stainless there to my eye..."
Yes, actually there was some decent stainless stuff still there.  But, the stuff is pretty pricey.  I paid $80.06 for this panel that is right under the filler deck.  I don't know the actual name for it, but it is rotted on my '69 so I had no choice.  So I guess it wasn't that pricey after all. :P

Brock Samson

those white headrest on the demon/duster look pretty cherry too..

blackcharger

damn I see some ggod parts. I could never figure out wht yards stack cars. It's dangerous (I'm sure I 'm not the only one dumb enough to climb inside stacked cars) and it destroys parts. Wish there were yards like that around here./ Thnaks for sharing.

41husk

looked like lots of good 3rd gen stuff, thanks for the pictures.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

PocketThunder

the tail light panel on that 68 is worth a hundred bucks or more.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

superbeefinder

Did you get the VIN's to match any of the 3rd generation chargers?

If you have any matching pictures and VINs for 1971 Chargers, please let me know.

If you want to see a growing collection of pictures of '71Chargers, got  to:

http://flickr.com/photos/superbeefinder

I've got several hundred so far.

supserdave

Those 71 marker lights are hard to find, they'd be worth snagging if there cheap. Thanks for the pics.

BMOTOXSTAR

I think I saw a 3rd gen Spring Special. :drool5:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

terrible one

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on December 17, 2006, 11:54:50 PM
  I paid $80.06 for this panel that is right under the filler deck.  I don't know the actual name for it, but it is rotted on my '69 so I had no choice.  So I guess it wasn't that pricey after all. :P

I don't think that's too bad. It's called a dutchman panel I do believe. There are repros available but I'm not sure on the price. . .

GREAT PICTURES!

TheAutoArchaeologist

Very cool pictures, wish I could find a place like that.......

There are SOOOOOO many good parts I saw in there, 69 Barracuda trunk trim, e-body doors, Charger bumpers, Challenger bumpers, etc...

If the guys is reasonable, you could make some good money off some of that stuff.

Where is the place, I'll go through and inventory it, for you.

Ryan

Manfred318

Cool pics :2thumbs: Those cars are not that bad, it'll buff right out :buff:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

69charger2002

"where is that place?  i can tell its in texas"
It is in Seguin, Texas, about 40 miles east of San Antonio.  The place is called John's Salvage. 

he also said it was pretty pricy. which would kind of explain why there are still some decent almost complete cars in there.. there are tons of big boy vendors in texas, and i'm sure they all know this place(texas acres, dr mopar, texas toy box) etc.. basically there aren't TOO many secrets left in texas.. hell i bought 10 chargers from one guy in southern oklahoma who had 35 of them. and had gotten them ALL around the dallas area back in the 90's...i will say though 80 isn't all that bad for the dutchman panel if there weren't any rust surprises...i've never been there myself.. i was told it was worth the time... to look. not buy.. well if there's one thing i hate is to be in a candy store but can't afford the candy...   :RantExplode:
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

justin1987

Quote from: 69charger2002 on December 20, 2007, 12:27:07 PM
hell i bought 10 chargers from one guy in southern oklahoma who had 35 of them. and had gotten them ALL around the dallas area back in the 90's

I got several parts there and they were reasonably priced. I got a pair of seats for $200, a door for $150, and a few other odds and ends. I kind of felt uncomfortable there with all the pitbulls and such.

69charger2002

lol yeah those dogs are intimidating.. the 3 of them have run a circle big enough to set a spaceship in.. he did have a ton of stuff though. does he still have anything left? he was selling off when i was buying and that was like 2 years ago
trav

justin1987

Quote from: 69charger2002 on December 20, 2007, 01:31:08 PM
lol yeah those dogs are intimidating.. the 3 of them have run a circle big enough to set a spaceship in.. he did have a ton of stuff though. does he still have anything left? he was selling off when i was buying and that was like 2 years ago
trav

He still had quite a bit of stuff when I went around the end of December last year. There weren't very many cars that were worth saving, but there was a ton of parts that were still good. I could have spent all day looking around at the Chargers, Roadrunners, Cudas, and Challengers. He said he was going to crush all of them and just keep the new stuff, but from what I've heard, he has been saying that for years.

JimShine

A great place for you New England'ers to check out is Ayotte's Salvage in Oxford Maine. Not too many 2nd generation Charger stuff left (but he does have a ton of clean doors), there is lots of other 2nd generation Mopars in there including Taxi's and even a student driver coronet. There are lots of 3rd generation Charger and non Charger B bodies in there.

69bronzeT5

I cant believe I didnt see this thread yet.  :o. Can I use those pics for my site? ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dukeboy_318

too bad theres nothing like that in indiana or surrounding states, too much rust to have that type of yard here, but if anyone knows of any close to indiana, let me know  :cheers: :popcrn:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

blackcharger

man some of those cars look drivable compared to the once in a blue moon picked to the bone stuff tht shows up in these parts.

hemihead

Absolutely nothing like that here in SW PA . Back in the 80's maybe but not now . Even if there was, these people around here would want $50 for a lugnut because it's old .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

JimShine

Usually the yards that are still intact are only intact because the prices are not a screaming bargain and the guys know better than to crush. It is sad because most of these guys would rather let the cars rot away than let the cars or parts go reasonably.

moparstuart

sometimes you have to walk that thin line , have to make money to stay in this buisness , but you dont want to get the rep for high prices and run everyone off also
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JimShine

If they have been around long enough to still have the cars, I am sure they know what they are doing. It seems that most of the old places are still run by the old owners or have been passed down. Most of these guys just need to make enough to throw a couple bucks into taxes and keep the fridge stocked with Budweiser and TV dinners.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: moparstuart on December 21, 2007, 02:41:54 PM
  sometimes you have to walk that thin line , have to make money to stay in this buisness , but you dont want to get the rep for high prices and run everyone off also

That's the truth in any business but you have to factor in supply and demand also.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

moparstuart

thats why i specialize in late model insurance quality stuff , and collect the old stuff for me , not much demand . wouldnt stay in buisness long if i just sold the old stuff.

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

charge-it

Quote from: JimShine on December 20, 2007, 02:09:26 PM
A great place for you New England'ers to check out is Ayotte's Salvage in Oxford Maine. Not too many 2nd generation Charger stuff left (but he does have a ton of clean doors), there is lots of other 2nd generation Mopars in there including Taxi's and even a student driver coronet. There are lots of 3rd generation Charger and non Charger B bodies in there.

Thanks Jim, now there will be nothing left for us.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Death1970Proof

Anyone know what they would want for a passenger side '68 or 9 fender??? :shruggy:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on December 20, 2007, 02:52:35 PM
I cant believe I didnt see this thread yet.  :o. Can I use those pics for my site? ;)
Need you always ask that?  Seriously, just copy and paste.  If it's out there, it's out there. :shruggy:    And if they tell you no, I'll do it, and send it to you. :P  (not really, just making a point)
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 29, 2007, 07:40:42 AM
Need you always ask that?  Seriously, just copy and paste.  If it's out there, it's out there. :shruggy:    And if they tell you no, I'll do it, and send it to you. :P  (not really, just making a point)

Yes, legally he has to ask.  Otherwise he can get in trouble, again, for use without permission.

Ryan

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Devil on December 29, 2007, 04:47:50 PM
I cant believe I didn't see this thread yet.  :o. Can I use those pics for my site? ;)

Yes, legally he has to ask.  Otherwise he can get in trouble, again, for use without permission.

Ryan
Do not take this wrong, but, say's who?  I don't buy it.  Would love other opinions.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bull

"I see a whole bunch of stuff there that's quite usable, including whole cars. Nice pics!"

The Chargers were pretty much stripped inside and out.  The stuff that was left on the Chargers was either rotting, had a really bad hit, or you name it.  If there had been anything worth buying, trust me, I would have bought it.  I saw two fastback Barracuda's that weren't too bad, and the 3rd generation stuff was actually pretty darn good.   

Here's what I see that's worth buying just from what I can see in the pictures:

Pic 4. Charger door latches and stainless trim. Coronet wing windows.
Pic 5. Charger deck lid w/latch and 1/4 window
Pic 6. Challenger rear window, deck lid hinges and 1/4 windows
Pic 7. Charger side marker lights and the good stainless trim
Pic 9. Barracuda left tail light, rear deck lid and/or trim, rear window and stainless trim
Pic 10. Door, stainless trim
Pic 11. Not much
Pic 12. Roadrunnner or GTX front bumper (if straight and not rusty), various interior parts
Pic 13. Charger glass, stainless trim, door, A/C evaporator core (if original)
Pic 14 and 15. A lot
Pic 16. Fury various universal parts if present (like glove box light lense, arm rests, etc.)
Pic 18. Challenger Stainless trim, LR marker light bezel, passenger door(?)
Pic 19. Challenger door
Pic 20. Charger that one last piece of stainless
Pic 21. Charger door and stainless trim
Pic 22. Charger LR wheel trim
Pic 23. Charger front license plate frame

Anyway, there's more I'd grab from what I see in the other pics but you get my drift. :shruggy: But, if you're like me, you probably can't afford the prices they charge for banged up parts.

dukeboy_318

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 29, 2007, 09:06:34 PM
I cant believe I didn't see this thread yet.  :o. Can I use those pics for my site? ;)

Ryan
Do not take this wrong, but, say's who?  I don't buy it.  Would love other opinions.

he done this on cuda-challenger.com and kept picking on bronze for not aksing in the past which bronze has apologized to him for, which ryan turned into a legal debate between several members including myself, which he nad another individual began calling each other names and led to the thread getting locked, he just wont give up running the kids name through the muck here, there, everywhere, its under the forgotten/negelected mopars section over at c-c.com if you'd like to read. guy thinks he knows more than a copyright lawyer who's been in the business for over 25 yrs.  im going to ignore him from this point on as much as i can. Ryan please for the sake of these sites, let this past issue die, its over, hes not going to do it again, please can we get back to what we all have a passion for, mopars :shruggy:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: dukeboy_318 on December 30, 2007, 06:36:36 PM

he done this on cuda-challenger.com and kept picking on bronze for not aksing in the past which bronze has apologized to him for, which ryan turned into a legal debate between several members including myself, which he nad another individual began calling each other names and led to the thread getting locked, he just wont give up running the kids name through the muck here, there, everywhere, its under the forgotten/negelected mopars section over at c-c.com if you'd like to read. guy thinks he knows more than a copyright lawyer who's been in the business for over 25 yrs.  im going to ignore him from this point on as much as i can. Ryan please for the sake of these sites, let this past issue die, its over, hes not going to do it again, please can we get back to what we all have a passion for, mopars :shruggy:

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

bull

Cool! Sounds like I found a new way to fund my Charger restoration. I'll just take a bunch of Mopar pictures, upload them to a few Mopar sites and then wait for people to start posting them on other websites so I can sue their pants off. :2thumbs:

Shakey

Ryan

Exactly - they're F'in photos of wrecked and rotting cars for F sakes.  I'd just use the photos and tell whomever has a gripe with it to go F themselves.  If they are interested in pursuing it further, have their attorney send a formal letter.  Once the bitches find out how much a letter costs you'll never hear from them again.

dukeboy_318

Quote from: bull on December 30, 2007, 08:06:05 PM
Cool! Sounds like I found a new way to fund my Charger restoration. I'll just take a bunch of Mopar pictures, upload them to a few Mopar sites and then wait for people to start posting them on other websites so I can sue their pants off. :2thumbs:

:smilielol: sorry bull, you'll have to find another way,  its not illegal, at least by US law, only marked items are, not unmarked, so if you dont want someone using pics, like some places put their website name on them somewhere plainly visible.  But anyway, more pic please, as sad as it is, it serves as a reminder to where the cars we are restoring could be if it wasnt for us :yesnod:

dukeboy_318

Quote from: Shakey on December 30, 2007, 08:19:14 PM

Ryan

Exactly - they're F'in photos of wrecked and rotting cars for F sakes.  I'd just use the photos and tell whomever has a gripe with it to go F themselves.  If they are interested in pursuing it further, have their attorney send a formal letter.  Once the bitches find out how much a letter costs you'll never hear from them again.

:smilielol:

69bronzeT5

1969chargerrtse

dukeboy_318

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:, sorry just had to continue the smileys,  :smilielol: :smilielol:

skip68

Cody is under 18, so you see it's not his fault.  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69bronzeT5

69charger2002

sad that this topic stays at the top because of this irrelevant garbage and smilies.. any chance we could just let the thread die or at least show more salvage yard photos or SOMETHING??  :icon_smile_blackeye:
trav

69bronzeT5

Man, that white '68 got smoked! :o

dukeboy_318

ive just got a few, heres some now, not in yards, just around town anyone can use these if they want, cody i think you have these already,

73 duster slant 6 auto, was for sale now guy is in iraq. sold to another military guy who is having heart problems and hasnt been able to move the car yet, sold in july of 07

dukeboy_318

74 duster, slant 6, auto, running guy wont sell for less than 5k :hah: :brickwall:

next are from a plymouth fury, i think 68-70, not much on c-bodies, fender says 383, has a 440 in now, orginal motor apart laying in the trunk, block, heads, crank, the whole motor, apart but there, guy wont sell thinks maybe one day his grand kid will want it, kids 7 years old :rotz: :rotz:

TheAutoArchaeologist

QuoteDo not take this wrong, but, say's who?  I don't buy it.  Would love other opinions.

US law

Quotehe done this on cuda-challenger.com and kept picking on bronze for not aksing in the past which bronze has apologized to him for, which ryan turned into a legal debate between several members including myself, which he nad another individual began calling each other names and led to the thread getting locked, he just wont give up running the kids name through the muck here, there, everywhere, its under the forgotten/negelected mopars section over at c-c.com if you'd like to read. guy thinks he knows more than a copyright lawyer who's been in the business for over 25 yrs.  im going to ignore him from this point on as much as i can. Ryan please for the sake of these sites, let this past issue die, its over, hes not going to do it again, please can we get back to what we all have a passion for, mopars

You have no legal recourse.  You have no proof, I've been working in copyright law, you haven't.  You have no proof to your fictional law.  I've shown proof and evidence to support my claims, you have no proof.

QuoteExactly - they're F'in photos of wrecked and rotting cars for F sakes.  I'd just use the photos and tell whomever has a gripe with it to go F themselves.  If they are interested in pursuing it further, have their attorney send a formal letter.  Once the bitches find out how much a letter costs you'll never hear from them again.

They are a persons private property.  Just because you don't like the law, doesn't mean you can't follow it.  I know the cost of the letter, it isn't that much.

Quotesorry bull, you'll have to find another way,  its not illegal, at least by US law, only marked items are, not unmarked, so if you dont want someone using pics, like some places put their website name on them somewhere plainly visible.  But anyway, more pic please, as sad as it is, it serves as a reminder to where the cars we are restoring could be if it wasnt for us

You have no proof of your legal concept, I have evidence to show that you can't, it doesn't have to be marked.  Bring up a shread of evidence.  Here is some of mine.

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html

http://www.photolaw.net/faq.html

http://www.acm.org/crossroads/xrds2-2/weblaw.html

http://www.pdimages.com/law/10.htm

QuoteDo we want the link??   Because I am the one that now looks, In Ryans words. "like a fool".  I still think he makes him self look like a fool.  But since I am sure what I said on the Cuda-Challenger thread helped get it locked and I don't want to get this thread locked.  This is the last I will speak of it.

Three people agreed with you, everyone else sided with me, and you got the thread locked cause of your little tirade.  That definately show's your maturity.

You guys want to go on your little tirades about how I'm "wrong" and "fussing" about.  Apparently you never learn, so it has to be repeated.

Ryan

hemigeno

That's quite enough on that subject...   ::)